Gimp vs Photoshop

How can you be such a gigantic cuck to think that gimp is actually better than photoshop?
Please change my mind why gimp is better, Here's my first argument

> The amount of tutorials on the internet of photoshop are WAAAAAAAAAAY more than gimp could ever have.

also, we want ease of use not python shitty scripts to use the program. That's the point of a software to do the job for you, not for you to program in it, might as well get a fucking library for drawing instead of a program

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

photopea.com/
pixls.us/software/
adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/photoshop/pdfs/photoshop-cc-javascript-ref-2019.pdf.
makeuseof.com/tag/linux-market-share/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can photoshop run python scripts?

Didn't think so.

I've been thinking of making a complete libre rip-off of photoshop as a toy project.

Gimp is shit
t. Linux user

If you don't like Photoshop, you should try:
>Clip Studio Paint
>PaintTool SAI
>Krita
Ignore GIMP, it's shit.

That is a BIG plus, I am actually glad it does support python, but my point is ease of use, I don't wanna spend 10 hours to learn how to tell python to draw something for me? It sure is awesome for people that know python and actually use it, I personally never found why I would want to use it.

Attached: ServerDistribution.png (1050x768, 102K)

GIMP was not designed as a replacement for Photoshop and does not deserve to be misappropriated as such.

I do like photoshop, but I am trying to find alternatives for it in linux, krita,painttool SAI and CSP are good for drawing, but I also do retouching and "hiding" objects, and what not, these aren't good at this, and I can't find an alternative for siht.

Yeah, but I can't say "photoshop" in this board withotu someone screaming at me how gimp is better because he can draw circles in it...

Attached: pepe_good.jpg (300x300, 22K)

That's fair, Mr. Frogposter. But just remember where you are.

Thanks man

Attached: Pepe_Happe.jpg (720x690, 56K)

PS can't into circles.

Attached: 2222.webm (1440x896, 1.29M)

Use free software where you can, don't support the """industry standard""". There are alternatives to GIMP that are also free.

>Lacks feature
>That's a plus
COPE

Sorry for the bad wording.
I have never personally felt the need to learn python, as there are more and better alternatives to python, especially since I am running windows I have other options.
Sorry if it sounded like missing this feature is a plus, no it is not, it's a minus, but gimp still has less features than photoshop, many if not all the features from gimp are in photoshop.

also :
github.com/lohriialo/photoshop-scripting-python

Even Paintdotnet is better than Gimp

yep

GIMP is free as in freedom.

nice reading comprehension raj

Clip paint is better than them

GIMP supports Python scripts, Photoshop does not. Photoshop also has tremendous bloat, enjoy your Abode malware.

GIMP is just an image manipulator and it does that one job very well. It is the ultimate brainlet filter, and zoomers hate it.

THE PURPOSE OF GIMP IS JUST FOR CREATING A MEME FAGGOTS

>reddit spacing
>brainlet filter
>zoomer
You aren't smart for using an abacus instead of a calculator, nor is anyone impressed
Gimp isn't difficult to use, it's just shit. Doesn't even have native CMYK support lmao.

Attached: 1518665689193.png (657x539, 110K)

He understood perfectly, you just suck at English:
>photoshop lacks this feature
>that's a big plus

why do i need python scripts in a photo editor lol

because it's better, and only powerful and smart beings comprehend python

I literally only use gimp with python, only scrubs use the GUI I don't even look at the canvas

Attached: 1549702761201.jpg (638x558, 64K)

>filters are magic
>i like doing repetitive tasks

Attached: 1550582659359.jpg (540x420, 18K)

What's the point of this thread when you can run Photoshop in wine?

I guess it's the same poorfags that say Blender is better than Max or Maya

Also in the browser:
>photopea.com/

Because wine usually fucks it up, takes ages for the canvas to update for me for example.

The point is that gimp is native, photoshop isn't.

On those kinds of softwares, it really depends where you work, I worked for a game dev company and it was doing just fine with blender only, not to mention that it just introduced Eevee and it's
A M A Z I N G

Attached: wheat.gif (728x408, 1.21M)

Gimp is better because it respects your freedom

being this autistic
Eating shit is also free 100% you can get it from anyone for free, so it's better than eating that nasty proprietary government food!!!!

hang yourself

kek

Attached: pepe_kek.jpg (360x360, 30K)

>Eating shit is also free
Do you know what freedom is?
>proproetary government food
What kind of a communist shithole do you live at?

Your shitty fucking race will suck any open-source dick, no matter how smegma ridden it is as long as it is free and open-source. Not all open-source software is good.
Photoshop is proprietary, yes, but it's good, it's better than gimp, and guess what? You can just crack it and put it in a little firewall box.

Limp dicked slave to open-source cucks, there isn't 1 open-source project out there better than the proprietary alternative.

Not that user.

>Photoshop is proprietary, yes, but it's good, it's better than gimp
Yes.
>You can just crack it and put it in a little firewall box.
Yes, and everyone should do that, just in spite of Adobe being kikes they are.
>there isn't 1 open-source project out there better than the proprietary alternative.
That is however incorrect you fucking goober.

>being this triggered
>providing no arguments
absolute state of users of proprietary software

>stealing software because open sores gibs aren't good enough
>using limp dick as an insult

YOU KNOW WHAT,
I actually think you're right, I went overboard, sorry for that.

What was your argument that gimp is better again?

Attached: vscodeATOM.jpg (713x720, 82K)

I fucking hate adobe
I fucking love their products
There's a conflict there, I did pay for a couple months, but these fuckers
changed to a monthly plan, and that you have to monthly pay to them fully knowing
that they have the best software for design/photo manipulation/etc...
So that's my "Fuck you" to them :)

>muh tutorials
Can you be any more of a brainlet?

>I went overboard, sorry for that.
What a rare sight on the cantonese insect cooking forum. You a good lad user.

Yes, tutorials are extremely useful and it's the way I learned most if not all softwares I use, you need them at the beginning to get an idea of how everything works, especially if you're not from the domain.
Look the fact of the matter is that photoshop is used for more complex stuff, professional stuff, and it's easier and has more mateiral available whilst gimp is a free alternative that I appreciate for being free, if I had no way of pirating adobe products I would actually use gimp as well.

when did all this manga fagggotry start ? I'm obviously too much of an oldfag now

>What was your argument that gimp is better again?

Idk, I watch anime from time to time, never really got too much into it, just found the picture funny.

I do not agree with this argument as being a "gimp seller" because :

#1. I care about functionality, not how free it is
#2. I personally take care of my security and never let software just send information from my PC to anywhere they want.
#3. As much as I myself respect open-source, privacy, and all that and also see it as a gigantic plus, the "-"es outweigh the "+"es in my case.

If 100% privacy and knowing what's in the code is your thing, please keep going you are helping the community.

Free software is not all about privacy and security. The most important aspect of free software is the freedom to change the program so it does your computing as you wish (aka the freedom #1).

>never let software just send information from my PC to anywhere they want
You can't know what your software is doing unless it is free.

I made these circles setting the gradient tool to radial.
ezpz.

Attached: CopyQ.qPufct.png (400x400, 190K)

> Free software is not all about privacy and security. The most im...
Totally agree, but again, 99% of people preffer it to do what it needs to do out of the box, sure it's nice to go into it as a programmer, but how many people that use a photo manipulation tool do you think know how to also program? And I mean program in C ( gimp was written in C ) not python

> You can't know what your software is doing unless it is free.
Did exile it into a firewall hell, so it literally can't send or receive anything, it thinks I'm offline

Attached: 1550522536196.jpg (960x960, 110K)

pixls.us/software/

Attached: Screenshot_20190219_100142.png (621x232, 14K)

I installed Gimp and it literally didn't even fucking work. Program crashed every time I opened it lol

sure is the software fault

As much as I like shitting on gimp is right...

>Photoshop

Attached: affinity-photo.png (500x213, 52K)

"vs"? why not "feat"?

It literally is. It's 2019, I think it's been updated to the point where it should work on a fresh installation.

honestly, ive been using GIMP for 7 years
i cant remember a single crash

>hey goy, buy shittier software with nicer UI
>only wangblows or iHomo though :^)

To be fair, photoshop runs on osgi and you can write your own plugins for it in java.

It also has support for javascript. See: adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/photoshop/pdfs/photoshop-cc-javascript-ref-2019.pdf.

The point is, you're just baiting and have no clue of what tools really do.

Redditors hate GIMP and love Photobloat. Back when YTMND or Newgrounds was in its heyday, GIMP is what most people used and things were fine. Zoomers (you) hate GIMP.

They're the Nvidia of productivity applications.

GIMP is fine for general use.
I'm not a profissional so I can't really tell what gimp can or can't do in comparison to Photoshop.
You should use the tools that fit your needs, if Photoshop is that tool just use it.

It's free as in free beer and you don't have to pay an annual subscription

The cage transform tool used to cause gimp to freeze if you were using ubuntu or ubuntu based distros. They finally fixed it in gimp 2.10.

If gimp is so bad, why does it scare adobe so much they sponsor this thread every day?

No, you're an idiot. Read his post again.

Dirty secret is that it doesn't matter which program you use, only that you are skilled enough to use it well. Closest analogy would be shitty photographers who claim high-end gear is the only thing capable of doing their job, when in reality they are just mediocre photographers with any camera. Similar to guitarists who think expensive guitars will make them Hendrix, when in reality they will sound equally shite on any gear if they haven't worked on their underlying skill.
Unless, of course you need non-destructive editing or CMYK.

Attached: daumier (3).jpg (1765x1352, 406K)

This

Is

Reddit

Spacing

What he has done is simply having short parahraphs conveying different ideas.

Wow the Netherlands must be a paradise for hackers, if they still run old version of Win Server in such large numbers.

SAP gaslighting

But Linux tards told me all the servers ran on Linux!

Darktable is an acceptable open source replacement for photoshop

Do they? They say right here
that you're full of shit.

Care to explain?

IIS has low market share. Linux heavy dominates WEB servers in the general marketplace. Windows servers are common for domain and network share servers.

Look at the graph properly, it's data only for the netherlands on sites with 50 or more employees.
Not a world wide statistics for server usage.

This is world wide.

Attached: IDCGraphic2.png (813x609, 63K)

That chart looks like it's only sites in the Netherlands? Quick and dirty web search shows Linux still dominates market share for web servers and supercomputers (see the linux wikipedia page for that claim/source.)
Businesses and schools (pre-university ones, at least) often use Windows server for active directory; I could see the advantage of Windows server as opposed to Linux there.

makeuseof.com/tag/linux-market-share/

Photoshop is also free.
t. amtlib.dll

>using a random dll off the internet
I'll stay with CC2018, thank you very much.,

I did. At literal value, he is saying the lack of a feature.
>oh but if you interpret it this way it means something else
If you hang Van Gogh's Sunflowers upside down it looks different, but that doesn't mean there are 2 equally valid ways of hanging it.

He's saying GIMP supporting python is a huge PLUS to it. Are you fucking illiterate or something? There's no alternative interpretation, reread his post and the post he was replying to slowly.

>still arguing about one man being fucking wrong on all accounts
Did you just decide to ignore ?

It would rock if these fags released their software for linux tho

With that I agree.

PS Is the only reason I can't fully migrate to linux, its not fair bros

Attached: 1550605383647714.jpg (2067x1473, 544K)

Dualboot or two harddrives. Main is Linux, second is older HDD I use exclusively for Adobe stuff and sometimes gaming.

Nah I use it to often to dual boot I'll just stick to using my laptop for Linux

>Early 2000s
>Want to learn computer assisted design
>Photoshop is $1000
>gd Anons shill hot new program Gimp
"It's open source and Just as good"
>Download Gimp
>Absolute hell trying to learn to use it proficiently, chalk it up to inexperience
>Use gimp for years in personal and commercial projects, become a god with the software
>Start to see the limitations of the software in professional work
>Ohshit Photoshop is now affordable
"I guess I'll just switch over!"
>Download photoshop
>Realize none of my experience in Gimp transfers over
>Have to relearn everything
>tfw

Attached: 1515215557_1479744192003.png (601x601, 557K)

I'm sure that's what he wanted to say, but it's not what not what he wrote.

>That is a BIG plus, I am actually glad it does support python
It's obvious he's referring to GIMP here, I know you're painfully autistic and can't into context but it's pretty clear for normal people what he was saying.

>not programming a plug-in to to interface with PS

>freedom
nobody care if doesn'f fit the needs of the majority of users

I mostly use GIMP because it runs on almost literally everything.

shame about GIMP's piss-poor layer management -- doing any remotely large project in GIMP is an exercise in suffering
and shapes -- really shouldn't need to open up Inkscape just to draw a hexagon
there's a bunch of little quality of life shit GIMP lacks too

It really isn't. It's more polished in terms of look and feel by far, but it's just immensely lacking when it comes to features.

PS is so fucking easy that you don't need to relearn shit beyond keybinds. You might just be a brainlet.

>python script isn't plugin

Photoshop is shit
t. Windows user

>[the current year]
>using Gimp
Just use Krita, you fucking mongoloid. Hell, use any of the other countless alternatives. You have more choice than "locked-down corporate bloat that costs thousands" and "free as in freedom buggy open source software with a UI from 2006".

Attached: krita.png (1919x1052, 1.78M)

Kirta is better for painting but not so much for image manipulation

So use Pixlr. Or Paint.net. Or any of the literally dozens of free and / or open-source alternatives to Photoshop and Jow Forums's favourite meme manipulator.

/thread

gimp is shit but it's miles better than photoshop