I'm replacing my $8 Panasonic Earbuds and want a decent pair of open-air headphones because I need to hear stuff in the...

I'm replacing my $8 Panasonic Earbuds and want a decent pair of open-air headphones because I need to hear stuff in the room.

I'm looking at Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X for like $70 bucks. Are these good for Music, gaming, and kino?

Can you recommend another set for somewhere in that range give or take $40 bucks?

Attached: ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones_ Gateway.png (880x510, 193K)

HD600

STAX
do NOT settle for less.

>because I need to hear stuff in the room
you mean you are wanting to be able to hear people talking, etc.? Doesn't this happen with all earbuds?

literal chink-fi

Yes, I need to hear talking. Not I can't hear people talking when I have earbuds in.

I don't have 4k lying around.

>ATH-AD500X
Bass response is subdued but present. It basically sits in the background. Mids and highs sound sweet and velvety. They sound clear and detailed without sounding harsh. You can sort of EQ boost the bass but it won't be satisfactory if you like your bass. Comfort is top notch IMO.

shp9500

Either save up for HD600s or just don't waste your money

>HD600
no bass

here u go

Attached: 443_tile_0005_MQ562-RGB-thrqtrlft.jpg (300x300, 12K)

sony mdr7506 but unironically

In a similar boat, looking for closed back headphones for general use including gaming and I’d like to spend less than about 80 bucks. So far the Audio Technica M20s are pretty much the short list, but I think I would like something with better noise cancellation. Would I be better off buying good drivers and making a Frankenstein out of some ear pro headphones?

>because I need to hear stuff in the room.
people will also hear everything you listen to
>music
zero bass and too much high, but at least it has a really huge sound stage
>games
cinematic single player games? shit. competitive multiplayer? you will literally snipe heads blindfolded through tree walls. vacation time.
>kino
lack of bass ruins it

GRADO
R
A
D
O

this is the only non meme answer

Not OP but been thinking about getting either a pair of HD600 or 650's. I mainly play vidya gaems and music production. which one would be better?

Probably 650s, their sound is a bit more coloured which is good for games and cinematic effect.
Unless you take your music production seriously, then get the 600s for the more neutral response. That's essentially all the difference.

That being said they have a pretty narrow, up-close soundstage, so while they have excellent frequency response for the price, there might be better options if you want a wider soundstage for games and stuff.

he said he wanted open

Okay, these are not meme pricing. I'll look into them.

shp9500 on newegg. they are exactly $70 on sale right now get em before they go out of stock again

AKG K701 are awesome

Went ahead and bought these, literally every review said buy them right now.

Thanks user.

as a 600 owner i say get the 650s

Holy shit those look great. It's hard to get Philips headphones in the US. Good deal.

The newer AT headphones with the X suffix in the model name have a shitter wing system than the older models.

Sound stage isn't what effects 3d audio in games you dumb ass sound stage is only a perceived effect for music it doesn't mean you can pin point peoples location better

Closed headphones are best for gaming

It's even harder to get them on EU. I just found out you can get them from AliExpress for 75€ or a little less, so that's a fair price, but that is like 85$ though. The lowest I used to see was like 100€ on eBay.

HD58X from massdrop

DT770

They look pretty good. I use mine to listen to Moonman on the train to work.

Attached: 1496546984305.png (647x457, 570K)

Superlux 681 or 668, dunno which ones

No shit but it sounds a lot better than if everything sounds like it's five inches from your ear. I never said their imaging was bad.
>Closed headphones are best for gaming
Firstly no, unless you're sitting in a loud environment where you want to block out sound. Second OP explicitly said they wanted open

what's the Jow Forums DAC for poor fags?

Other than the lean bass, those are the best you can get for $70. Better than the SHP9500 in my opinion which are grainy and have a smaller soundstage width.

You should be good for 5 years if you reinforce this area (where the 2 screws are) with rubber cement.

Attached: fixit.jpg (494x453, 58K)

Fiio has one for like $30 that's fucking phenomenal. Not enough to double as a preamp for headphones but it's enough to power any amp worth using.

Any chink DAC.