Why is Nvidia so retarded? Stocks are tanking...

Why is Nvidia so retarded? Stocks are tanking, sales are underperforming terribly and yet they still refuse to drop their prices.

Attached: nvidia.png (635x411, 35K)

Blame amd

amd stock is going up

because companies dont exist to please shareholders

its called escalation of commitment

If consumers continue to buy RTX, it will bounce back up. Can't wait for next gen $450 RTX 3060.

>stock
not gonna defend Nvidia, AMD or Intel but stock rating aren't about technology at all. those people are fucking morons knowing nothing about the topics but only care about profits. people saw the downfall of crypto-coins from miles away but shareholders only saw sold cards for that meme propably thought the amount of cards sold will go on forever. ofc outlook went sky high tho stock tanked after reality kicked in

kinda doubt that. people bought Pascal cards, not Turing. check latest YtY sales of cards from Nvidia themselves: down 46%. no one buys RTX when they already own Pascal.

>stock rating aren't about technology at all. those people are fucking morons knowing nothing about the topics

This

>muh crypto hangover
Seriously though Nvidia isn't going to drop their prices just because of a short term dip. They have enough funds to stay the course. Look up AAPL's chart, they dropped 30-40% and now they're recovering. They never lowered iPhone prices or anything.

This. Stock market goes up in waves all together. Anything short of Jensen taking a gPoo at CES will not make the stock dip.

Thats just due to a quarter of overstock from Pascal. Now that Pascal has been depleted, its going to be Turning this quarter. Can't wait for stock to bounce back up.

Well there are no point of buying RTX if you have at least some decent Pascal card. They need to release new gen with proper 4k or 1440p 144Hz cards.

Because Apple is competent while Nvidia isn't, shill

enjoy your radeon "VII"

nobody is buying turing though, that's the problem

Nvidia overestimated the strength of their monopoly

nobody was buying Turing when Pascals were available. Now that pascals are depleted, people will buy Turing.

Problem solved.

People are at the point where they'd rather buy nothing instead of buying overpriced RTX gimmickry or AMD trash.

That's yet to be shown.

We'll see what happens but currently Turing is way too expensive for the 70, 80 and Ti

Its only way too expensive for reasonable people. 90% of humans are not reasonable and are driven by instincts to get that new stuff.

And that's why Nvidia is counting on uneducated retards to buy the 1660 Ti

So is Nvidia.

AMD and Nvidia's stock are actually following a rather similar trend, and the same goes for almost the entire industry.

Attached: stock.png (637x414, 22K)

The entire RTX series is an overcosted abortion. Nobody asked for fucking meme rays and nobody is going to spend a shitload of money to upgrade from the 10XX series for miniscule improvements when the old cards are still good enough. Just because AMD is behind doesn't mean people go out of their way to buy expensive GPUs.

Want to sell cards again? Release your 7nm architecture already, don't waste die space on meme cores and charge reasonable prices. There, loads of money.

I wish their prices would drop. I'm trying to get into machine learning so an Nvidia card with its CUDA shit is basically mandatory. If AMD was better supported I could get an RX580 for like $180 and call it a day. It's actually fucking retarded that a 1070 is still ~$330 new despite being 3 years old.

isn't the 1660Ti a $270 1070?
Decent value, no? At least compared to what else is available. We are still waiting for Navi.

I remember getting nervous spending $380 on my launch 1070 over two and a half years ago.

Whoda thunk I was getting supreme value and AMD and Nvidia would shit the bed so hard?

Attached: 1546028651131.png (351x395, 31K)

No. The 1660ti performance should have been ~$200 value in a normal scenario. 2060 @ ~259. 2070 @ ~360. 2080 @ ~480. 2080ti @ ~650.

Its a near 50% markup across the whole board. That's the whole point. That's how every GPU generation has been. Bringing down the higher tier to lower tier pricing.

>supreme value
I can already see how Pascal generation might become the next Sandybridge generation. With decade of stagnation and nVidiots referring to it as a "greatest GPU" nVidia gifted to mankind.

Pascal was pretty fucking great though.
How to judge when the competition is so limited and garbage anyways?

I just want value, brand loyalty can suck my dick.

Attached: 1542143894491.png (720x720, 277K)

The paradox of value purchase is if you only purchase value, you lose out on value by creating a monopoly. As was the situation with Intel and currently with nVidia. Infact, the situation is so similar in the two its ironic. AMD had better dualcore and AMD64's implementation, YET intel sold more. Same with how AMD had better 4000/5000 series cards, but nVidia had nearly 10x the sales. Its hilarious. Even now, RX 470/570 completely outclasses and is cheaper than 1050ti, yet, 1050ti sells 10x-20x more.

Obviously the case isn't purely value, its brand loyalty thats also causing monopoly.

>because companies dont exist to please shareholders
Are you 12????

>they still refuse to drop their prices

if anything they need to raise them...

Pride.

At this point they'd rather go under completely than sell you a 1080Ti level card for less than $500.

Used market for Pascal is still strong, just bought a used 1080ti myself and noticed listings moving fast when I was seeking a deal.

The 2080 is not a good value vs a used 1080ti and ray tracing too slow on it to be of any value, 2070 is priced too close to the 2080 and ray tracing is a joke on it, 2060 has an okay price but again ray tracing is useless on it.

Only the 2080ti has any real value since it can do 4k 60fps (or almost do, aka fine with gsync) and because raytracing features can be enabled with decent performance at resolutions over 1080p.

Nvidia should have just waited for 7nm to introduce ray tracing since they could have dedicated enough die space to make it viable on their entire lineup. The 2080ti and 2080 without the die space wasted on RT cores would have been absolute monsters.

Its honestly retardation of another level for them to try to sell new cards at ~mining prices when the whole fad had already died

So you bought an RTX with your first paychecks and now you want to feel special, ok kid

>complains about nVidia price gouging
>buys more nVidia to feed their price gouging tactics

They literally do

I bought a used 1080ti that was a mining card so the seller probably did not use the funds to buy a 2080ti.

I mean to an extent the 1080ti is already a 1440p 144hz card, since anyone that wants that framerate consistently will be using 'competitive' settings and not pretty ones. Hell you can get 144fps basically locked on PUBG with a 1080ti and i7

What YOU think the price SHOULD have been doesn't change the fact that a 1660ti will outperform any card you can buy (even second hand) at the same price with no real competition.

>Release technologies that arent profitable, thatd be profitable
And Ray Tracing is the future of ingame lighting, unironically, though the 20XX series is an awful implementation

That's not the criticism of this generation of nVidia cards. Wipe that cum off of your lips, its drooling.

But, you're meant to get an better perf/$ with a new generation, not the same. Nvidia just seemed to ignore than this generation

Here's the real issue

Side note: anyone know if the 1660ti will support DLSS, its a seriously tempting feature, assuming they can continue to tweak the look in software and with the performance boost it gives, if you dont mind wiggly pause screens

You chart don't even show the price of stock...
deceptive much? or you have no real interest in economics and just a troll

Clear grasp of vocabulary aside, what is the criticism then? You haven't raised one that I didn't agree with, and my point stands

DLSS is shown to be trash. If you need that higher performance, just do 80% internal resolution, you'll get MUCH and MUCH better clarity than DLSS(blurshit) at nearly same performance.

Wouldn't the stock drop when they dump a bunch of cash into R&D on their next gen of cards? And the stock would be expected to go back up when the cards hit the market?

Ray Tracing is too taxing for current cards. Mainstream affordable 4K/60 FPS should be the next stepping stone before messing with Ray Tracing.

Also, what's the point when both the next Xbox and PS5 use AMD cards? Devs have no incentive to slap raytracing into their games until Nvidia bribes them to do so for PC ports.

the ones listed on the market do.

people would rather buy a used 1080 or 1080ti, than RTX CRAP . now ofc they are going to sell more this quarterr but not a lot due to price

I would assume not, since DLSS runs on tensor cores and I don't think the 1660Ti has them. It looks terrible anyway. BF V with 4K DLSS on my system looks worse than a 1440p screenshot upscaled to 4K after being taken (Lanczos in Irfanview). NVIDIA should run a decent-quality upscaling algorithm instead of their neural network shit if the result is still much worse despite the fucking thing being trained per-game.

I don't actually understand how results can be this bad. DLSS in BF V might just be actually broken, it's that bad. An upscaler trained specifically for one game should produce great results, it shouldn't look much worse than standard, traditional and well-known upscaling methods.

you have to be 18 to post here

>Apple is competent
top lmao

>hurr I don't understand simple economics

>Why is Nvidia so retarded? Stocks are tanking, sales are underperforming terribly and yet they still refuse to drop their prices.
It works like this, sunshine. A company only has the capacity to produce x number of units per day. If the price is too low they have to have extra capacity to cope with demand. That extra capacity will need to pay for itself, but if the company is not performing well enough no matter how much they sell they will not recoup their losses quickly enough on building new factories or paying other companies to produce for them. Dropping the price is just as bad as keeping the price as it is, if not worse. If Apple dropped the price of an iphone to $50 the surge in demand would outstrip their capacity to supply. Investors would immediately want their money back as they would realise the situation is unsustainable. To create extra capacity would cost hundreds of millions, if not thousands of millions
I hope that clears the matter up for you

True that adoption doesnt really happen until it happens on console

>True that adoption doesnt really happen until it happens on console
Won't happen, mixing partial raytracing with raster graphics is a dumb idea, you get the worst parts of both. By the time RTX is mature enough to do anything it will probably be easier just to raytrace the entire thing and ditch raster rendering. Fully raytraced engines don't even need directX or specialized drivers from GPU companies, so nvidia and MS will be desperate to delay them.

Dropping prices at this point will only further escalate the problem, learn to economics.
Faggot youtube influencers would have a field date to start, shareholders confidence would tank combined with other factors and it'll kick off a downward spiral.

New Pascal cards are drying up, contrary to what Jow Forums thinks, the vast majority of people buy new cards, the people who will buy the RTX cards will buy the RTX cards but most people buy the x60 or lower cards, market confidence will come back up as the GTX 16X0 series cards trickle into the market. Full stack of 10 series cards only account for 40% of the steam hardware survey with only 10% of it being a 1070 or higher.

The real problem here is you actually believe the shit Nvidia says. Half the game is knowing when a company is is withholding vital information. The stocks are tanking because investors know Nvidia is blowing smoke up their ass with the AI shit and their premium pricing model.

>investors know Nvidia is blowing smoke up their ass
investors are so stupid they need the SEC to babysit them
they do not know anything