Asus X570 (3 different CROSSHAIR boards)

Asus has never, ever, done 3 fucking different ultra high-end AMD motherboards for the same chipset before. (I'm consolidating the non-wifi and wifi versions becuase the only difference is the wifi module)

Ryzen 1st gen = 1 CROSSHAIR
Ryzen 2nd gen = 1 CROSSHAIR
Ryzen 3rd gen 7nm = 3 CROSSHAIR

Which one will you buy? I'll probably buy the HERO non-wifi because fuck wifi/bluetooth botnet

Attached: 2019-02-19 23_13_40.png (925x1265, 175K)

msi makes better boards

no and I say that as someone currently using an MSI z97 board

I got the prime x470 pro, would there be any reason to upgrade at all?

MSI support is thrash, I'm never buying any of their crap ever again.
You literally have to go whine on reddit for them to accept RMAs.

I dont know if I'll get another Crossshair. I currently use the hero 6, hated when I tried adjusting voltages that it would show a higher value than what I would put in. Like a manual input of 1.350v would show up as 1.395-1.4v

OY VEY

voltage the VRM feed to the CPU is a different the CPU actually gets user. update your bios also

I hope they release a board that is build purely functionality in mind. No gaymer leds, heatsinks with actual fins etc.

Bios is latest lol. Its only the DRAM and Vcore settings that do this, both read about .4v higher than what I manually set it to

Actually have a 1st Gen Crosshair that I should be using in my main PC (but given after fixing dead Gigabyte Z97 motherboard via coin battery reset, other issues with no audio and graphics distortion also cleared strangely enough from before the board died; weird as fuck and don't understand just how to date).

Will update to it ASAP (latest BIOs have things running well in test chassis and a lot more better and stable compared when I got the system at the early releases).
3rd Gen will obviously be the best.

>3x crosshair variations
Oy vey! Zen2 is good.

post HWbot m8

Future is now

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1000x1000, 311K)

The real question, how many SATA ports here?

no lmao . ASUS is best all around, good components and good BIOS . also ASROCK , but their bios sucks

There were two X370 Crosshairs, but the Extreme didn't come out until pretty late in the cycle.
>X299
Gross. It is a damn nice looking board though. They should do a Threadripper version.

Attached: ASUS-ROG-CROSSHAIR-EXTREME.jpg (1280x934, 377K)

new chipset better

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

Nope. A bios update fucked my z97 and now I bsod if I touch the OC function.

>videocarz.com

Attached: lelfacegolden.png (327x316, 208K)

Attached: 1502790639694.jpg (882x758, 324K)

idk their b450/x470 boards are bretty good

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Attached: YOU.png (868x330, 301K)

Last I checked MSI still couldn't into UEFI

>go to configure smart fan controls
>Wat speed u want, 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%? Nothing in between you don't need that
>overclocking? Wat do u want? 1.1v, 1.2v or 1.3v?

Straight up garbage

>PCI-E gen 4 support

Fuck no

Didn't you hear the X470 chipset already supports 4.0, it just needs a bios update. It won't make shit difference anyway, like why would you drop $200 and a rebuild for some

>Didn't you hear the X470 chipset already supports 4.0, it just needs a bios update.
yes but that depends on if the board can physically handle gen 4

It still wouldn't matter

The use case of higher pci-e speeds being a benefit is when you have a shitty video card with low RAM that constantly has to swap data out over the bus.

On a card that has enough VRAM it doesn't help because everything heavy is already loaded on the card itself

Are any of them going to be itx?

HURRY THE FUCK UUUUUPPPPPPPP

Attached: 1511240478331.gif (386x380, 1.22M)

AMD still lacks high-end ITX and decent mATX options.

It's not the chipset, it's the PCIe lanes coming out of the cpu straight. Since it's also retro compatible, the chipset will be connected at the normal PCIe 3 like before.

nobody cares about those form factors

eh... ANUS is a mixed bag these days
you have to do your research and pay special attention to the specs, or you can easily get scammed
example: ANUS has a Threadripper board without ECC support
although I agree their absolute high-end is still the best you can get

IIRC, Impact boards are ITX, right?
There isn't a single overkill ITX Ryzen board currently, so that's nice.

7th July, man. the wait is killing me

asus=gigabyte>msi>shit>asrock

I have the Crosshair VI Hero as is for first gen Ryzen. What's the Formula Crosshair going to be?
>Asus=Gigabyte
Lol no. Gigashit boards are complete trash. What's that? You want 6 different motherboards revisions of the same model, all with their own set of failures and pitfalls because we keep making half assed BIOS updates? Then buy Gigabyte! ASrock runs circles around their trash. If forced to choose, I'd buy ECS before Gigabyte.

>meme niche factors onions boys love.

you're not smart

I have a CH6. werks nicely with my 2700X.
I'm excited for the impact board tho.
Lets hope asus dont skimp on the vrm like the maximus xi series.

>2700X on CH6
CH6 is x370 if I'm not mistaken. Any issues with running 12nm Ryzen on older motherboards like that? I have a CH6 (I think. Asus ROG Crosshair X370) and was hoping to run 12 or 7nm on it.

There's actually 3 if you count the the CH6 WI-FI just like in the pic. OP didn't even bother looking this shit up before posting false info? Literally took me 20 seconds.

Attached: crosshair.png (808x717, 66K)

Enjoy wasting you money you fucking retard

Not him but Zen+ runs on x370 fine. There's an issue with x370 boards not having enough microcode space for new CPUs however so Zen 2 needs its own separate BIOS. Don't buy a x370 board for Zen 2 until you hear it's 100% supported.

Not at all. Gigabyte is shit. The onboard audio on my gigabyte mobo died the day after I installed it. I had to RMA that piece of shit.

Formula is suppose to be the tier between Hero and Extreme iirc. Impact is their mITX.

Yeah figures. I already have the X370 board so I'll just buy X579 when Zen 2 hits.
Hmm. Are they going to release the CH Extreme along side the others? Or make us wait like with the X370 version? Because I want to buy their top dog Zen 2 chip and motherboard at launch.

I just bought a new pc on bf and a new gpu yesterday
Couldnt wait

eh, I have the asrock taichi and the amount of vrms on this board is amazing.
One thing though if you get the wifi model, be careful of the wifi antennae when you lift the box or you might put force on it and break the internal connection. Mine now rotate freely.
My sister has practically the same make mobo and doesn't have that problem. Built hers after mine.

Who knows but the Extreme was an absolute waste of money and so will the Formula probably. Literally just wasting money for epeen except that epeen just says "i'm a retard that wastes money"

Why was the extreme a waste? I own the OG CH6. Was there no difference in VRM? Or anything? Aesthetically I saw the 24 pin and USB 3.0 header where angled 90°.

The VRM on the CH6 is already overkill and isn't the bottleneck at all for anything. You're paying $150 for some extra USB ports.

True enough. Idk. May still buy the formula though. I like my motherboards to be absolutely Overkill because I keep my shit for the long haul. I want 7nm Ryzen to last me at least 6-7 years, so I figure even if I run stock half the time, some OP VRMs couldn't hurt

If you really care then you sell the board and upgrade to the x670. There's a reason why the price has significantly dropped and the x370 Extreme is cheaper than the x470 Hero despite costing far more at launch. You're falling for Asus' bullshit just for a fucking name like a mindless consumer.

Switch Asrock and Shitabyte and we're good, incel.

>Mindless consumer
Sort of true. I've owned my fair share of middle of the road and cheap boards and they've always disappointed me or died prematurely, so I have a tendency to over buy. I'll take a look at the regular Hero before considering the formula to see if it's worth it. Who knows? Maybe they'll add something worth wanting in the Formula.

That doesn't change at all buying higher end boards. I've owned an Impact that died on me 3 times.

Pretty sure OP isn't counting the wifi board in his pic though, as that would make it four and he said three. So it's either 3 and 2 or 4 and 3, still more.

I have a pc with an asus X code, and an x470 msi m7 ac. I find that the MSI has far better onboard audio, but the asus bios has more options

>asrock bottom
>gigabyte top
t. butthurt mobo manufacturer that can't compete with Asrock's based mobos for great prices.

>can't disable HPET

Attached: 4L_zyqBBfNA.jpg (392x450, 27K)

What is wrong with msi's fan control? I set curve on my b350 tomahawk and it werks.

what about IOMMU groups

Attached: Selection_100.png (264x267, 51K)

Believe in Asrock desu.