Name your preferred computer company and why

Name your preferred computer company and why

Attached: 90BF1010-AFB0-4BA0-80CF-4540C81331DD.gif (611x334, 37K)

i'd choose ibm if they still made consumer products

>Trivial Solutions
Good products, respects your freedom, backed by a friendly and knowledgeable community

>Thawte
>Verisign
Part of Digicert
>APC
Part of Schneider

For my case Dell-EMC-VMware has the best business engagement & customer service

>Dell
because dell inspiron 7447
>toshiba
becuase lenovo Tab 2

apple desu, history and osx is the best consumer operating system around.

None preferred. Whatever company benefits me the most with what I need, while inconveniencing me the least.

Fuck off.

god b8/10

Sun Microsystems.
>Proper UNIX
>SPARC
>Released everything to the open source community
>Invented virtual machines (domains)
>At some point more than half the Internet ran on Suns
>Best hardware documentation ever, even includes pinouts for all the internal connectors, none of which are proprietary
>OpenBoot
>Best logo ever

Attached: 1280px-Sun_Microsystems_logo.svg.png (1280x554, 78K)

They were planning to be mainly software and services company but middle managements screwed it because they can't let go larger sales comission from SPARC server even though the software can run as well if not better in x64.

t. former Sun employee

symbolics

lelnovo, because
>god tier on-site warranties for business products in my country

Oracle fucked up all of Sun’s IP. Fujitsu is left to maintain SPARC.

>Fujitsu is left to maintain SPARC
Fujitsu is going to release only one more SPARC chip, though.
It's amazing how shitty Oracle is, though.

Attached: 1528072973393.jpg (500x513, 173K)

IBM for their important research contributions to early computing.

>even though the software can run as well if not better in x64
How about the stupidly high levels of reliability SPARC has? All the traps to avoid system hangs, RED condition and all that? Afaik x64 doesn't have any of that even to this day.

That's very niche market, limited to critical systems in large companies. Even then fault tolerance in software is good enough for most needs.

checked, b8/10

>Name your preferred computer company and why
No Vaio? Trash list.

Honestly, at this point, it's looking to be GPD, just because they're the best players in a tiny niche (modern UMPCs) that I really like. Outside of that, I just use whatever suits my needs and budget best.

none of these are computer companies except IBM fuck off

For me, it's Mellanox. Their name is pleasant and they make some damn good cards

Attached: haiku.jpg (600x450, 34K)

Attached: HITACHI.jpg (818x463, 86K)

>Mellanox outsourced some of its engineering to the West Bank. Rather than setting up offshore engineering centers in the Far East or Eastern Europe, Mellanox hired Palestinian engineers from Ramallah through a Palestinian outsourcing firm. In 2018, Waldman told a Tel Aviv conference hosted by Globes magazine that over 100 Palestinians are working on Mellanox projects.

>Waldman had previously talked about Mellanox's plans to build a research and development center in Ramallah, even though it is more expensive than outsourcing to Eastern Europe.

IBM for basically inventing modern computing
and thinkpads