Is there even a laptop that is good and lasts for more than a year?

Is there even a laptop that is good and lasts for more than a year?

Attached: 1547593290874.png (645x773, 43K)

macbook pro

Jow Forums memes made me avoid them for years until my job made me use one. They're actually pretty nice and last as long as the old thinkpads. The OS takes some getting used to if you've only used Windows, but if you've touched a Linux distro lately it'll be somewhat familiar

0/10 try again

A year? Why a year?

I'm typing this on a laptop from 2011.

Hahahaha hahahaha no really.

Try Lenovo user, think pads are great and personally I've had good luck with the yoga line lasting a really long time.

>thinkpads
>after the -30 series
>yoga
>not just getting a X61T for 70 GGP
ISHYGDDT

every Acer and Asus review I've seen said they break after 1 year

dell precision (or xps) are dope

user you need a T440P with 1080p screen and SSD.
>acer
>asus
Stop Gay Ming

Thinkpads

No, too much upside in jewing you with fast sounding hardware but cheap as fuck build quality.

Attached: dssdr.png (645x773, 10K)

what does this expression mean

The longest laptop I ever had was an HP 2000 notebook. I have no idea how the thing lasted so long. Got in 2012, lasted until January 2019. I used it heavily, daily. It would still be around, kicking, if I didn't decide to take it apart. The thing was terribly built. It felt like how a laptop would feel if you could buy them at a dollar store.
ThinkPad T410 died after about 6 months(I tried reviving it like 8 times. Repastes, etc. Even tried redesigning the heatsink because T410s have some major problems. Didn't know when I bought). Currently on a T430, about 5 months in. So far so good. Only problem I have is when booting up, get a black screen, have to enter the terminal at login screen and fix my graphics.

Bought a used X220 for $200 nearly 4 years ago and still runs great desu

fpbp

Attached: iqogbqs.jpg (960x877, 105K)

but I like LoL

yall know the same few manufacturers build all the laptops for all of the computer companies right?

How's laptop like sager or clevo? Is it comparable with thinkpad in terms of repairability?

Thinkpad E585 works pretty well.

Most all of them

Stop buying sub-$400 laptops you fucking cheapskate. At that price point they don't Jew you over with as many cheap parts.

Apple is the only quality laptop maker. Don't @ me.

can confirm
acer is just hot garbage
I've got a machine that's dead as a rock and doesn't boot even when connected to the wall (got it for $500, was pretty nice right up until it started failing altogether) and another that's barely hanging together (this one's more reasonable, being a literal $250 netbook POS, but it's still basically just falling apart).

both are the only laptops I've owned that have lasted less than 4 years, and I've had my current one for about that long at this point

This is objectively correct. Well it used to be at least, not sure if it still is.

>they hates jesus because he spoke truth

Just got a new one at work (touchbar) despite initially not wanting it. It's grown on me, and the context sensitive touchbar has proven useful when using Windows in parallels. The new keyboard takes getting used to.

*keyboard breaks*

on a 2014 Asus Rog 860M, has been taken overseas when I lived in Europe for a year, still can play Overwatch, Apex ect ect today. Just install Ultimate Windows 10 Utility, any adblockers and popup shit and Windows own anti virus thing, than just dont be a fucking idiot and throw it everywhere

Any laptop will last years if you actually look after it. They breakdown because the owner is a complete oaf who can't fathom why things stop working after you smear it with cheeto grease, cum and gaymer fuel.

this. Cry all you want faggots Apple makes the best hardware

My G75VW (2012). Still works just fine. Easy to open up too.

Most of the family has Asus or Acer and they last for 5+ years - actually usually until they're too slow for Windows and need to be replaced for that reason.

My own Asus is >10 years old now, since I'm running it on Linux I don't care very much.
The battery needed replacing after 8 years and the HDD started having errors after 5 or so, but none of that is special.

Typical asia-manufactured hardware with one piece of marketing gloss for some impressive number other than the price tag. Usually the display.
Slap on the aforementioned overly large price tag & peddle it to the religious Apple believers as though it was something special and especially sensible, get rich quick.

Attached: laptop.jpg (1011x548, 47K)

I was devout linux user using MSI/Lenovo/whatever for years and the batteries always gave out within a year.

Bought a 2013 air a couple years back and have had no issues. Runs like a dream, light as shit, reasonably fast, and has better battery life than any competitors.

Would never use a mac as my main computer but they are perfect for laptop use.

Buy a reliable thinkpad for work then get a desktop for games. No laptop will do a good job at both gaming and productivity

Attached: 1549631817708.gif (276x302, 166K)

Any of the business lines from Lenovo are solid. Just buy a base model and upgrade the memory and drive yourself to save money.

>G75VW

Same. Works fine even after being flung several feet away

It wasn't Apple who reduced power consumption on mobile CPU.

> has better battery life than any competitors
Eh. If you got a ZenBook 13 UX331UN, it'd idle to web browse at ~2,2W-10W, then play Games at 30-50W. With its 50Wh battery, that's pretty much always 10h+ of battery life.

And yea, that's still a 1.1kg ultrabook. There are many options with good battery life if you just pick by chipset.

Attached: xiaomi_laptop_8550U_16GBDDR4_256GBSSD_GTX1050.jpg (500x500, 23K)

@69868662
@69869151
@69871301
@69871536
@69871966
Back to your shitting street Rakesh.

Attached: 1521405371775.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

Have an Asus since 2012. The windows did get glitchy over the last year or so, but nothing a reinstall couldnt fix. Recently de-dusted it and it's working fine.

I've seen acer troublemates with CPU heatsink bolts too short it came off with enough vibration causing CPU too hot and blue screen

HP made godlike laptops back in the early '10s, those things were built like fucking tanks.
I'm currently browsing on a compaq (subsidiary of HP) that I bought back in 2012. This thing's been through so much shit that I legitimately feel bad for it. I've taken it to the beach, had sand and drinks thrown into it, and it's still fucking going.
3 years ago it started BSODing because of high temps, I opened it up for the first time and discovered a 2cm layer of solid sand, ash and dust blocking the fan. Cleaned it up, no problems ever since. The battery is dead, the audio jacks are no longer working and it's missing two keys, but the thing just won't die.

They look good initially but they break so easily

Outside of Thinkpads I've had my Toshiba Satellite Pro for 7 years and It's still going strong.

If money isn't an issue you could try system76.

They're expensive but can take a lot of abuse.