/spg/ - Smartphone General

Xiaomi Mi9 & Samsung Galaxy S10 Launch Hype Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 031446366.jpg (1920x1920, 1.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2016&nRamMin=4000&nDisplayResMin=3686400&chkCameraOIS=selected&chkNFC=selected&chkUSBC=selected&idCardslot=1&sDisplayTechs=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

S10 or a Note 9?

Also would yall trust a refurbished phone on amazon?

Note 9 if you think you will really use the S-pen + it's cheaper otherwise S10

Its the LeEco Le 2 Pro a good option or is just cheap?

>fw just got my Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 in the mail

holy fuck, this is the nicest phone I've ever owned, and I've even owned a few Iphones.

Attached: 1523923617829.jpg (600x600, 28K)

>buying chinkshit
>buying iphones

Imagine being this stupid.

Attached: cheetalel7.jpg (450x450, 30K)

Name a better budget smartphone than the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
>SD660
>5000mAh Li-Po battery
>4GB/64GB
>Gorilla Glass 6
>Dual sim plus separate 2tb micro sd slot
>19:9 screen with tolerably small notch
>Stock android with just a few asus apps on it
The only complaints I can leverage at it are no NFC and no USB-C.

Attached: 1473833772601.jpg (265x259, 22K)

Any recommended androids? I'm in the US and currently use T-mobile.

I was thinking of buying the xiaomi mi a2, I don't have a "budget" per se but I want a good deal more than anything else. I don't like the idea of paying an arm and a leg for 'cutting edge' but i don't want to buy a potato either. Something in the middle that's a good bang for buck would work best for me. Thoughts?

Attached: 1548562895840.webm (806x720, 500K)

The Redmi Note is great and even cheaper. But I believe the USA had the most fucked up band allocations with virtually none of the international bands supported. Maybe it doesn't work there.

>The Redmi Note
I originally wanted the redmi note 7, but as you stated the band coverage is fucked. I really can't use it.

What pie rom do you use for your marlin pixel?

>mfw Mi Max 3 Band Coverage

Attached: 1539656400720.png (500x600, 87K)

>bought a new phone
>get 0 enjoyment out of it

I wish I could be a kid again and be happy about buying stuff

Attached: 1423898111473.jpg (324x322, 41K)

Fucking Sony, same shit over multiple phone generations and versions.

Attached: Screenshot_20190219-172543.png (720x1280, 95K)

Attached: 68418ffbly1g0bzc6k42xj21hc0u0wuj.jpg (1920x1080, 878K)

lmao get some fucking infrastructure, americuck

Currently on a Moto G4. The battery life is starting to deteriorate.

Are the G7 variants any good? Is there anything else I should be looking at in the $200-$300 price range?

Asus ROG Phone or Razer 2 phone? I'm on ATT.

Just went from Moto X Play to a Galaxy J6+ since the battery was starting to die, did i fuck up? I dont like the interface as much

Attached: 24.png (404x404, 118K)

new phones aren't fun since they keep removing shit and not adding anything really "new". Buying shit just feels like a compromise most of the time.

Pixel 3 XL

Who still uses extremely old, outdated smartphones here? I'm still using my dogshit galaxy s2 since release day. It feels weird not being up to date with new smartphone tech. I suppose I should change that soon.

Wow, that is old. I'm on a S4 and I thought that was dated.

I'm looking for a phone that gives me full access. Will that Librem phone allow the emulation of android apps?

The op7 will have a hole but it looks way better than the garbage samshit came up with

what is the best phone with expandable memory and a decent battery life for ~500? Please respond.

So I just bought a one plus 6t midnight black with 8 gigs of ram and 128 gigs of storage

What should I expect?

i flashed lineage 15 on a galaxy s2, it runs android 7 and permanently plugged in because the battery life is less than an hour
thinking of turning it into a seedbox or something don't know

Will it expandable memory?

Buy a new battery

maybe
the phone is practically unusable, might have it control smartlights or something
or keep it as a google assistant thing or music player
or a streaming security cam

That's what I initially did with my one iPhone 5S, but it frequently loses connection to my lights, which is annoying.

Mi Mix 2s is like $330 right now, latest CPU SD845, 6gb RAM, all lte bands, and 6in screen. If you don't use the front camera much it's great. Rear camera is better than most $800 phones you can buy right now.

I know not everyone's a fan about notches but is this the reality of smartphones for the near future?
I want a pocophone and it's the cheapest it's ever been, but the notch had me hold off on it and i was thinking of using my redmi note 4 until they figure out how to put the front cam inside the screen or just not have one, but seeing the Galaxy s10 have that hole punch for 2 front cameras made me feel like we're going to be stuck with it for a while
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the poco, can get it for around 262usd and I'll just put the notch killer app on it, funny how seeing samsung throw in the towel on it finally convinced me that apple just won. Doesn't feel too good tho

Ya think?

do phonefags use google assistant?
what is it useful for?
is it used in non-english speaking countries
say you're in your office or at home, does it have any advantage compared to using your desktop pc with a mouse and keyboard?
is google assistant a failure like google+ and countless other google products?

I'm not a massive fan of notches but I don't think they're the end of the world. As you've said, hiding it with software isn't that big of a hassle (especially if the phone ships with that option built right in). There's still plenty of mid-range phones without notches, though admittedly they're probably more lower-midrange so they might not fit all of your needs.

I'm pretty good at keeping phones for the long run and the poco is perfect where I don't need to spend a fortune on a "flagship" phone
It's just if I have to keep this for the next 4-5 years sustained by this sd845, I don't know if I'll regret it if I have to stare at the notch every day, and even with notch hiding apps feels like the remaining 0.18" real estate is just gone and maybe I should wait 2-3 years for them to find a solution to this afterall because this RN4X feels like it can go for a long time yet with custom roms so long as i don't degrade the memory on the motherboard

I need some help choosing a phone

Here's what I would like from it:

- Good battery
- Not huge (5" is still okay)
- Ability to root and good custom ROM support
- Preferably Qualcomm 6xx (I have Bluetooth headphones and it would be nice to have Qualcomm aptX)
- Decent UI performance (doesn't have to be super fast, just as long as there's no lag)
- USB-C

What I don't care about:
- Camera, as long as it's half decent
- Screen, unless it's terrible utter shit
- Headphone jack, since I have Bluetooth headphones
- Performance in games
- Notch
- NFC, IR blaster and other stuff

Budget is around $250

When is the OnePlus 7 coming out?

It's the only thing I'm looking forward to coming out since I don't want to deal with Samsung cancer software again and nothing else really looks interesting to me.

>5" is still okay
The only phone that's 5" that's worth a damn is the XZ2 at $500. And I'm not sure 2760mAh is what you would considered good.
Moto X4 is decent, but 5.2" and it has a horrible "deadzone" that requires your finger to travel 2mm before it will actually move the contents of the screen, no idea on the specs either, but it's really cheap right now.

One plus 6 slightly old but still a beast

I use it when I'm driving. That's about it. It's about as much of a failure as any of the other meme assistants.

He said budget, I can get the Zenfone for $180, I doubt the OP6 goes that low

no ois on mi 9?

Is the size the only reason most of anons here recommend XZ1c over XZ1 and there is no any crucial difference between them?

1500$ for the s10+ right? Any specs that justify the price hike?
Or is it just a blatantly "because we can"?

Yeah, what said, that one costs about twice as much as the Asus so it doesn't fit my budget. I'm shopping for something under $400AU and the Max Pro 2 4/64 can be had for about $330-360AU
Honestly the only things I could really want that the zenfone doesn't have are android one and usb-c. I could of course go for a Nokia 6.1 Plus for around the same price to get those two things, but then battery is a measly 3060mAh by comparison, and I don't think it has a notification led which I think I would find annoying. It's also a mild downgrade to a SD636.

Sony XA2 or Moto X4

The poco is 390aud right now, it's what I'm eyeing up and I'm seeing if there's cashrewards or shopback with banggood

Any reason to get a redmi 6 pro over a redmi 5?

Attached: 1550318777725.jpg (750x730, 27K)

Link? Everywhere I look it's closer to $500.

I can relate. I was moderately excited before buying my s9+ but I actually got no sense of satisfaction or enjoyment after getting it.

Compact is usually a bit cheaper. There is other options with similar screen size or screen width (now with long screens) that might be better depending on what you’re looking for.

kimovil, i can't post the link because the filter catches it but navigate to poco link

what did you not like about them?

Thanks, never even heard of that site. I am a little nervous about buying a phone from any chinkland based place like banggood or aliexpress. The prices are great but I have full confidence I'd be left flapping in the wind if my device was faulty.

>Thanks, never even heard of that site.
It's literally in the OP

>reading the OP
psshh, nerd

Don't get me wrong, it's a good phone and does everything I want it to, I just didn't feel the sense of catharsis I used to as a kid when I got some new gadget. When I got a sony ericsson w595 after using an old nokia it blew my mind because it had a high resolution (at the time) color screen, downloadable games, I could listen to music on it, etc. Then I got a smartphone and it blew my mind because it was a smartphone, but the s9+ is just slightly faster with a bigger and brighter screen. The oled screen is nice though, but not life changing.

I bet it will have a cumdrop camera, why the insist to fuck up their mainline flagship if they can do it perfect on the mix.

>Mi 9
>still no LTE Bands 13 and 66 for full North America coverage

Get the Mix 3 if you need those

IT'S HERE!

Attached: 20190220_115659.jpg (3264x2448, 2.14M)

Close up of the slide pls

What exactly do you want to see? It's a very closed package, I'm not sure I can provide what you want.

The camera is great though

Moto X4 is $150 for the 3/32 model, $200 for 4/64.

it's a cheap phone, are you really going to keep it in the box?
why?

Not an issue on my end t. XZ1C master race

Attached: Photo Collage_20190220_131817930.jpg (1449x3227, 233K)

What you didn't understand is that you can't see jack shit of the slide. If there is any specific thing you want to know, I'm willing to help, but the only thing you can see is the camera area on the top and a simple empty plastic surface at the bottom.

>OP7 has a slider
weeeeeee now I can play with it 24/7 to indulge my autism!

I get 13+ hours on my 6" display phone, get on my level scrub.

LeEco phones are only worth it if you buy one of the models with official LineageOS support.

>Are the G7 variants any good?
Only worth considering if you're in the US. Outside the US there's really no reason to buy Motorola phones since phones with better specs exist at cheaper price.

XZ1C has better battery life thanks to the smaller, lower res screen

pretty sure $1500 is for the top end 12GB RAM 1TB storage 5G S10+. I'd guess the regular S10+ will start at around $1000.

yeah but this is with just a 2700mah battery, obviously the battery life would be better with a bigger battery.

Yeah I guess it's nice compared to older phones. I don't really use it though since I have a real camera on me almost all the time

Can I get recommendations?

Currently have a ZTE Axon 7, having several severe drops (more like accelerated it into the ground accidentally) the power button has fallen out, and now the SD card slot looks like it has stopped working.

So looking for a replacement thats not a down grade, here is what the phone has that I dont want to go backwards on

>5.5 inch size
>2560x1440 amoled
>USB C and quick charging
>NFC
>microSD slot
>SnapDragon 820
>4K video
>Optical Image Stabilisation
>PDAF
>4GB ram
>64GB internal space
>Dolby Atmos (might not be possible)

Is there anything?

All right, after playing around with my mix3 for about a half hour I can say this a great upgrade compared to a samsung j5 and it's generally a great, but not very intuitive device. The screen feels worse, although that might be the colour correction. It's very responsive though.
The biggest positive for me right now is the package, however stupid it sounds. In the last decade or so all companies started to skimp out on their product packaging. Flagship phones and high tier gpus have a simple cardboard box the same size as the device with very few things crammed into it. This phone comes with a box that is nice to unpack. I know it's a minor detail, but right now I feel like I went 15 years back in time.

oh you're referring to the unboxing experience
yeah they're getting pretty good at this now

gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2016&nRamMin=4000&nDisplayResMin=3686400&chkCameraOIS=selected&chkNFC=selected&chkUSBC=selected&idCardslot=1&sDisplayTechs=2

>19 results
>10 are Samsung Galaxys

JUST

Just buy the OP6T and call it a day. You won't get the slot though

I don't want holes or notch shitguzzlers I got my s9+ and even though the battery is a bitch it's design is a champ grrr

Most chinkphones don't have NFC or OIS

Good camera and relatively small size plox. Still S9? They went quite cheap.

Attached: 1549843001144.jpg (800x800, 47K)

Pixel 3

My Axon 7 does ree

Tfw no good deals matching a 2016 phone

I bought the Axon 7 for $200 in Akihabara

That's like twice the price of S9 with fuckhueg notch, is the camera that much better?

>fuckhueg notch
not the Pixel 3 XL, the regular Pixel 3

>is the camera that much better?
yeah

Camera isn't better the processing is. Gcam makes the s9 neck and neck with the pixel but pixel still has a slight edge

Slight edge sounds like I'm better off getting s9 and pajeet gcam port.

is there a trend where everytime samsung or apple releases a new model people flood the market with their previous year flagship models to sell 2nd hand?
because i might grab an s9

Knowing how I generally use my phone, I would never, ever buy one second hand.

i'd like to think people buying highend phones would take care of them better by putting them in cases or just throwing them onto tables when they sit down like it's a belt or something but then i'd be lying to myself, heh

Oh it's not that. More like I generally touch my dick a lot and it doesn't stop me from using my phone a second later.

noted

s10 offers some pretty marginal upgrades. if anything the decision will PROBABLY be between the note 9 and the note 10, in which case id' recommend the note 9 depending on what he's switching from.