Thinking about getting a tenkeyless (80%) mechanical keyboard and have been out of the loop for a while

Thinking about getting a tenkeyless (80%) mechanical keyboard and have been out of the loop for a while.
Any new stuff or advise for someone who has used Cherry browns for ages?

Attached: keeboord.jpg (800x445, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Redragon-K552-RGB-Mechanical-Keyboard-Construction/dp/B019O9BLVY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=327IOWD6973KM&keywords=rgb+mechanical+keyboard&qid=1550721956&s=gateway&sprefix=rgb+mechan,aps,200&sr=8-3&th=1
amazon.com/RIPJAWS-KM570-Minimalistic-Cherry-Red/dp/B01LZ39IUF
archive.is/4RMuA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go 60% or kill yourself.

Switching to a kb paradise v60 was the best choice I ever made

I'm using a GMMK that I've had for a year or so. I'm pretty happy with it and the Gateron browns, which I actually think I like more than the Cherry browns I've had before them, mostly because the tactile click has held up better than it did on the Cherry boards I've had.

I tried my friends Vortex a week ago, up until then I thought about getting one but I have hand problems, and I can't get past using a function key to get numbers. That's why I want a 80% now

Mines fn for f keys. Who the fuck sets it to fn for num jesus

Attached: large_1481_V60GTRFP4.jpg (1200x495, 117K)

This was the one he had...shit now I'm reconsidering

Attached: core.jpg (2000x1500, 566K)

Some of us need a full F key row or normal layout arrow keys and ins/del/etc. section.

I'm studying programming and mainly play on PC, so yeah, I just want something familiar but more ergonomic

What the fuck is going on with this layout? Looks like a Japanese keyboard but with a fucked up US layout shoehorned onto it.

It also has no home keys indentation and since my fingers are so long they rest in the spacebar gap

>tenkeyless

Attached: 1550632631465.png (645x773, 11K)

This tbqh. Enjoy never doing real work.
t. statistician

Wasn't the Steelseries Quickfire TK good at bridging the gap tho?

arrows and printscreen and delete key you really don't need

just use mouse and snip tool and backspace instead.

TKL is kinda shit go full size or go 60% imo. loosing Function keys is a big bummer but the games that use them you can easily rebind to number keys or some thing els like battlefield.

I am a TKL owner but just because the switch and board make i like isn't smaller TKL is akward middle ground.

from a gaming perspective loosing the Function keys really just makes you loose 3 extra keys. F1/F2/F3 as that's all you can easily reach with a large hand.

the optimal gaming keyboard in the future will probably be a 60% with 2 rows of numeric sizedw macro keys to the left side . and probably removing right side control and making shift and enter and backspace as small as possible to make as most room for mouse pad on the right side.

that will be the true endgame keyboard the 60% atm are kinda shit for gaming due to the loss of 3 keys (even if they uncomfortable to reach)

I guess there is no reason to remove the function keys thou for space saving beside if you want to play on a laptop so optimal desktop gaming would probably keep them but add the left side macro keys as well.

kinda hoping Xbox does some thing based for their next console and release a official keyboard like that optimized for gaming. as we really need a well designed standard and Microsoft is probably the only people capable of doing that.

Couldn't tell you becauas I never used it tbqh. Looks like it has a numpad though...

>the fuck is going on with this layout
it's for retards

was it really that bad , thinking about getting one, maybe go for the 60% instead ?

question , someone is trying to sell me the anne pro 60% , dont know if it is v1 or v2 , can you see it physically or is it all the same just different firmware etc ?

this is the true master-race and GOAT design/layout.
Once you go this 80%, you don't go back.
the best of all tradeoffs.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1897x955, 164K)

60% is a meme.

>using numbers
Real men manipulate symbols

Are there any keyboards without F keys?

Literally every 60%
They're on the Fn layer so the don't have their own keys.

>60% meme
Go fucking back to reddít already. No one wants to hear you faggots talk about having to use the function key just to type a sentence.

i've had an hhkb for the past 4 years. where do i go from here? i like the way the two-tone leopold fc750r looks but i dont know what switches i'd get with it

Numerals are symbols lad

Redpill me on Romer-G switches Jow Forums are they good? Are they reliable? Are they loud?

Attached: 1549313027099.png (169x200, 58K)

maybe try out a keyboard with hotswappable switches so you can try different things
most people consider cherry browns to be one of the worst tactile switches

dont go for any geyming switches/keyboards
you cant swap the keycaps since most of them arent standard layout or they just dont have mx stems

I have no intentions of swapping keycaps though.
I mostly just want to know if anyone has used them, and if they have, what did they think of the tactile sensation and overall loudness.

my numpad laughs at you

Just bought myself a keycool84 with mx browns, ill tell you how it is when it arrives from chinkland

browns are delicious

literally what is the point of taking tons of keys away? i guess if you're using it as a portable keyboard small size is good but I know you NEET fags aren't doing that. Tenkeyless is understandable sure I never really use the numpad but anything less than that seems like autism

Attached: 1532892174874s.jpg (250x200, 7K)

I don't know about him, but I NEED my arrow keys. Delete is also too useful to give up having as a separate key, and I use Printscreen a fair bit as well. Agreed TKL is stupid, but 65% and 75% are far better layouts.

>from a gaming perspective loosing the Function keys really just makes you loose 3 extra keys. F1/F2/F3 as that's all you can easily reach with a large hand.
I'm thinking more games that don't let you remap quicksave/quickload off of the function row

Felt like mushy fucking bullshit to me. I like a strong, sharp tactility in my keys though. Box Royals and Zealio V2 levels.

60% are for fucking neets that don't do actual work

But I need backlit keys and there are no good backlit keycaps for 60% which also have the alt key legends.

Ducky One 2

Why would I care if something retarded laughs at me?

*laughs in management*

You're joking right?

tenkeyless kb is 83.65384615384615% not 80%
lrn to math

30 dollar chinese outemo blues reporting in

Thoughts?

Attached: 2002476442.jpg (736x400, 106K)

CK530, uses gatheron (browns).
Any good? I ordered an anne pro 2, but apperently my order got returned so i'm looking for something i can buy in the eu.

Never mind, the cable is non-removable. They had one simple job! The fuckers.

what kind of neet neckbeard teenager fucks don't need a numberpad? do you fucking faggots seriously not ever use excel or any programs asides from loli simulator 2019?

I do all my work in Word and Power Point m8

Attached: old man shrug.jpg (384x313, 83K)

>work
>ms word and powerpoint
confirmed fat neet teenager

any non-cooler master brand keyboards with this layout?

>tenkeyless
literally why
what poses any person to get a little fucking midget keyboard.

amazon.com/Redragon-K552-RGB-Mechanical-Keyboard-Construction/dp/B019O9BLVY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=327IOWD6973KM&keywords=rgb+mechanical+keyboard&qid=1550721956&s=gateway&sprefix=rgb+mechan,aps,200&sr=8-3&th=1
get this instead

>Fn key
>anything but a laptop

Separate numpad is objectively more comfy though.

>statistician
>real work

Attached: hhhehehe.jpg (500x333, 27K)

brushed aluminium looks cheap now

its not impressive sand or glass blasted is even starting to look cheap these days

plastic looks higher budget than metal now imo unless they start using a patinaed copper or brass.

How is this thing?
Is it cheap because it is poorly made or is it cheap because people are finally realizing that mechanical keyboards have absolutely no reason to cost $100+?

Attached: Gigabyte Force K83.jpg (640x480, 30K)

It allows me to have the QWERTY part of my keyboard close to centered in front of me while still having the mouse in a comfortable position as well. With a full-size keyboard I either have to twist my upper body to type, which leads to shoulder and back fatigue, or have my mouse in a non-optimal position. I type for a living so it's pretty critical for me. I don't use one of those tiny boards though, mine is a standard layout minus the numpad.

What about 84 key, which is a more compact form of tenkeyless? I take mine to uni for CS and enjoy the extra mousepad space when I play CS

g.skill ripjaw km570 with mx blues

msrp is $100 but you can find it for about $50 if you browse around

like here amazon.com/RIPJAWS-KM570-Minimalistic-Cherry-Red/dp/B01LZ39IUF

You get used to using the number row super fast, I even prefer it since it means less movement away from the other keys during typing.

Mechanical keyboards are a meme in general, but the reason that is cheap is absolutely because of build quality. But build quality itself is a meme, and really the only thing you need to look for is doubleshot PBT keycaps. Beyond that, it's just a matter of design/function among what you pick.

This is completely legitimate and is actually true, though I probably never would have understood how this plays out in the real world until I started using a TKL keyboard.

80% is the gold standard for peak performance, 60% and smaller is just for faggot retards that have some kind of mental disorder. These people should be put down as the subhumans they are.

Are you manlet?

isnt it a linear switch?
also the problem with most of the gaming keyboards not being able to switch the keycaps is that most of the time their keycaps are made out of cheap plastic like abs which wears down after some time

>Go 60% or kill yourself.
t. neet or mousetoddler
>no F2 for rename
>no F5 for refresh
>no PgUp/PgDn keys
>no insert key
You got memed. Either you use mouse for everything or never get out of Vim.

Some of us have real jobs that actually include physical labor and don't work in front of a computer from 8 to 5

The Varmilo VA68M is the GOAT layout

Attached: varmilo_magnesium_alloy_va68mg_white_and_grey_us_keyboard_large.jpg (1000x750, 73K)

Honestly this and the Ducky One 2 almost made me cum. For sure gonna get one of these two when the time comes to upgrade

First off, shut the fuck up, /v/
Secondly, you're a moron, see pic related.
archive.is/4RMuA

Attached: Bazinga.jpg (447x500, 35K)

absolute shit, and i say this as a huge logitech fan

Agree.
Gor the chink sibling and couldn't be happier.

Attached: chinkfore68.png (2312x766, 3.84M)

Got a link? Looks good.

Anyone here own this thing?
I've never owned anything Hyperx but they are made by Kingston right? I'm guessing build quality is good.

Attached: hx-features-keyboard-alloyfpspro-litup.jpg (416x416, 64K)

I've heard good things about this keyboard. But the logo on the front is so annoying! :(

Any other recommendations?

>I need backlit keys
why? you cant touch type? are you seriously retarded you need a little lamp under your keys so you can see where to place your index finger while you hunt and peck like a chicken? you are pathetic