AMD can suck a big fat dick

>Be me, 2016.
>Decide to get a new rig, the 1060 just came out. Spend 300€ on one, another 300€ on a 6600k. Life's good.
>As the years pass, I start yearning for a bit more gpu power. The only upgrade path available is buying a 1080ti, which would imply double dipping on the same series of GPUs, decide to wait, AMD brings out Ryzen, it looks good, they start talking about Vega, its gonna be the shit, hbm2, cheaper than nvidia's offering.
>Vega comes out, mining fucks prices up, its hot, power hungry and not even close to a 1080ti.
>Decide to blame it on the miners. If it weren't for them, Vega would have been sweet. Still cranking my 1060 like it's going out of style
>RTX comes out. The prices are ridiculous. literally 800€ for the 2080, which can't even beat a 1080ti and has less memory. Now it's the time, Amd has everything lined up. They just need to improve vega, make it more efficient, more powerfull and 500 euros, they'll take over the whole damn scene. Team green won't even know what hit them.
> AdoredTV hypes up navi for january. It's going down. AMD will rape nvidia badly, 7nm by itself is enough to beat nvidia, not even taking into account the advances made in the new architecture. It's gonna be massive.
>Radeon VII.
>Radeon FUCKING VII.
>700€. 16 gb of hbm2 for gaming.
>Everything collapses. Everything was a fucking lie. Navi won't even come until 6 months from now, won't beat a fucking 2070, much less a 1080ti, which will be an almost 4 yo card by then.
>I could have spent 700 on the 1080ti 3 years ago and would have enjoyed the best experience available all that time. Instead, I trusted the underdog, waited for something that will never come.

Fuck amd, honestly. I know many of you hold a grudge against Nvidia and Intel for being greedy, but how is AMD any diferent? Their cpus and gpus are mediocre at best, and not even that much cheaper in the high end.

Conclusion: I'm getting a 9900k and a 2080 soon, screw amd, they don't deserve shit.

Attached: 8894_1024_amd-radeon-vii-review-team-red-back-enthusiast-gpus.jpg (1920x1082, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fullexposure.photography/nvidia-turing-rtx-raytracing-explained/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

did you make this thread because you love being degraded and insulted?

Proceed. I spent a few minutes writting it down. Please, do point out the flaws in my reasoning.

I somewhat agree.

AMD has fucked me over several times since the late 2000s.

Fuck-em for at least another 5 years in my book, maybe they'll be decent someday, but it aint today.

Nice blog post, Mr nVidia marketeer.

*unsubscribes*

go to reddit faggot

You can't make something cheap without compromises.

Attached: 1234121561.png (614x614, 31K)

Just what I expected.
Come on Ben, give it to me, break me with ur FACTS and LOGIC.

how can I unsubscribe from Nvidiots blog?

this is not /v/ faggot
stop playing games like a little child

I'm pretty happy with my Ryzen but yeah, I wouldn't touch an AMD GPU with a ten foot pole. Even without the hardware deficiencies nvidia just has way more support from developers.

I get that, but Radeon VII is not cheaper than it's competititon (the 2080 if we are being gracious) and it's compromised (I know Ray tracing is a meme, but so is hbm2 and its 1tb bandwith)

I forgot, this is the board where all computing proffesionals spend their highly valuable time sharing memes about Stallman eating his feet's dead skin.

gpus and cpus increase in power by 10% a year but the average user generally buys new hardware in 50% increase bursts.

i personally wait for 100% increases for CPU thou (so every 10years) and then just buy GPUs when there is a game i want looking nice and otherwise play on low for ages.

what games are out atm that you want better graphics? if you cant answer that you should prob STFU and be quite.

you sound like you dont know what youre doing so good luck with that

Any recent AC will rape a 6th gen intel CPU at 1080p.
Cemu emulation will also rape any old CPU's.
The witcher 3 can easily make a 1060 bend the knee if u are not willing to lower some detail.
All of it at 1080p, not even 1440p or 4k.
I know ubisoft's games are not efficient at all, and Cemu is basically bruteforcing a Wii U, but I think those are decent examples of tasks that will push hardware to the limit when it comes to pc gaming nowadays.

Would you tell me how you came to that conclussion? No hate, honestly.

>ITT people trying to justify an entire line up of CPU's that can't reach an OC of more than 200mhz, not even a single core 5.0 ghz, and whose top cotnender (the 2700x) literally costs 40$ less than an 8700k, while being objectively worse in every shape, way or form.

>7nm by itself is enough to beat nvidia

The R VII is basically a high end workstation card rebranded, probably ones that didn't meet the standards to be workstation class.

>Their cpus and gpus are mediocre at best
No 2700x owner would agree with this, any who say so don't own one.

>Buying a 1060 when the 480 existed
>Buying a 1060 for 300€
>Buying a 6600k for 300€ when you could have it for 250€
You deserve everything you get.

Benchmark says otherwise. Even the 6700k beats it in gaming.

>Even the 6700k beats it in gaming.
You wouldn't buy a 2700x just to game in the first place.

Yeah you buy it to crash your video editing softwares.

>i made a bad call for my own needs and I blame someone else for it
the post

i personaly bought a 70gbp radeon pro wx2100 which satisfies every desire i have graphics-wise and i thank amd for it. will switch to a 8c16t ryzen when it hits $200 total for cpu, ram and mobo

>AMD CPU
Improving, hopefully they keep their routine into the 2020s
>AMD GPU
Need to fix or kill

>Be me, 2016.
nobody cares. kys

1060 is still a good card, stop being such a doormat who pays for the cutting edge development. Now that the Radeon VII was released I just got myself a Sapphire Vega 64. It may not be equally powerful but it will be powerful enough for a long time. I never had to pay for the inflated prices that mining caused, I bought one when it got cheap again. When my GPU starts showing its age I won't be getting a freshly released top end card then either. They may offer a few FPS more but they have the R&D cost bonus in the price tag.

>buys 1080ti performance 2 years later still

Attached: Blank+_63ef913a8105f0c439a87451fc2f2c08.jpg (720x757, 69K)

* ...for the same price or higher

Attached: un3gpehyxa1xvad0fhpa.jpg (674x400, 39K)

Meh, I'm still sitting on a six year old 7970 which is still about as fast as a 1060. Our choices are to wait and settle with toning down a few setting or pull out the lube and take nvidia's cock up the ass. Surprisingly a lot of people are waiting or buying used. I might buy used but I doubt I'd find a good enough deal in this market.
On a side note the 10xx series laptop cards are the same as desktop so I am quite content with my 1070 laptop I bought last year. Not like AMD has ever had decent laptop gpus

>has no idea what they are talking about

Enjoy your extra 5 frames and your 4 cores. If it's post Spectre patches, enjoy your worse performance
Adobe's shitty software bugs out but it's AMD's fault?

You're such a god damn retard I shouldnt even respond to this obvious bait.
Amd CPUs are vastly superior and reality will catch up with Intel once Zen2 / Ryzen 3000 launches.

RTG has no budget no staff no drivers so amd gpus are bad at the high end. Polaris is good. You should've bought an RX580 8gb instead of the 1060. Now you have no upgrade path aside from the 2080ti.

>Navi, a gpu architecture, was delayed
>This makes the 9900K, a cpu sku, a good buy

Attached: 1330281108638.png (469x386, 13K)

>trusted the underdog
it's rare that the underdog surpasses the topdog, otherwise they wouldn't be the underdog.

what they are worse in literally every single way except
>but they're cheaper!!
aka poorfag cope

>tfw you bought a 1050 ti instead of the 480 even though they were the same price because people memed so much about drivers that you lost all your senses
>a year and a half later and the 1050 ti can barely manage 60 fps in new games on medium settings

Attached: 1547123451344.jpg (580x548, 34K)

>I'm still sitting on a six year old 7970 which is still about as fast as a 1060
uhhh what lol

a 1060 is roughly 65% more powerful

>buy amd cpu
>get input lag from having 2 cpus in one
I got scammed as well

Specter fix doesn't have any impact on gaming loads

Sorry. Didn't know this was /v/

I just saw in the news that Intel released a dual core Gold chip. Do AMD cpus have Gold!? thought so

>a 1060 is roughly 65% more powerful
It shouuld be according to the specs, but reality on the other hand...

>buying into the amd hype and wait train
you have only yourself to blame, Intel had great CPUS for a decent price before the shortage hit.
Nvidia had great GPUs for a decent price before the mining shit hit.
But no you needed to wait on AMD who literally targets datacenters and everything but gamers with their cpus and gpus.

I am sorry user, you missed the golden time to get the best pc parts and then sit on them comfortably for 5-10 years.

>I know Ray tracing is a meme

Ray tracing is far from a meme, try understanding what you are talking about ffs.

fullexposure.photography/nvidia-turing-rtx-raytracing-explained/

I didnt know someone could cope this hard

You know what else AMD doesn't have? A driver that lowers my FPS conveniently right after new models are released. I was at a solid 75 and now it requires several alt-tabs before leaving 55 for some reason.

>RTX comes out. The prices are ridiculous. literally 800€ for the 2080, which can't even beat a 1080ti and has less memory.

>Everything collapses. Everything was a fucking lie

These two stood out

Explain in detail.

>Nvidia puts out barely-faster GPUs at outrageous prices, which pisses you off
>some Youtuber gets your hopes up about AMD
>AMD's products are shaping up to probably be really good, but they're not out right this instant, and in the meantime we get a stopgap GPU that doesn't cost any more than its direct competitor and doesn't perform any worse
>so therefore fuck Radeon because you're impatient and can't control your own expectations, and you're going to be loyal to Nvidia and reward their greed because AMD didn't annihilate them with a product that isn't ready to launch yet
>also for some insane reason you're going to reward Intel for failing horribly and having nothing to do with this by buying one of their exploit-ridden overpriced housefires, instead of waiting for the 7nm CPU line that AMD has already demonstrated as being vastly superior to the competition, or buying one of the almost-as-good-but-MUCH-cheaper CPUs they already have on the market along with a motherboard that will actually allow you to upgrade to one of these new 7nm products somewhere down the road, unlike Intel
>you're also too impatient to keep using your still-very-good current components and waiting for Matisse and Navi to launch and then upgrading when Intel and Nvidia drop their prices in response to AMD, thus saving yourself some money (or using the difference on further upgrades) and not rewarding Intel and Nvidia as much while they maintain their astronomical prices
How relentlessly stupid of you.

My 660Ti doesn't have this problem

with less vram

why do you people act like buying from the last gen top end is worse than the new gen mid range, a 1070 would've been an upgrade from a 1060

maybe don't update your drivers if you're a paranoid idiot then, nerd

I'll be here enjoying my gaming GPU that never hits 70 degrees in silent mode while yours ramps up to 95 degrees to cope with poorer silicon and a 350w tdp

you know you could just install the non bugged videos, this is fear mongering created by AMDrones, its not your card, it's the game devs not optimizing the games for 6-7xx series cards because they either think you should upgrade or they are lazy if you plan to have the same GPU for like 10 years you should go AMD because FINE WINE

*video drivers

there's so much wrong with this post it hurts my brain

I have a 1060, you complete retard. That was my whole point.

>ids da game devs
Weird how the games all ran steady before the driver update.

>games don't get bad updates

what masterpiece game are you talking about that Nvidia had to break it to sell RTX to you.

Not even gonna mention how destroying the longevity of their products hurts potential sales in the future

>ordered an rx580 on Monday
>read this thread
>comes tomorrow
I am concerned I made a horrible mistake. How fucked am I?

rx580 will be fine as long as 1080p is good enough for you, it's a better buy over 1060 since they are about the same in power and has 8gb of vram and that's more "future proof' since devs have gotten greedy with their textures

>gaymers aren't retarde-

>linux fag

wrong

this is after 3 bios and windows updates. at best a 3% drop

Attached: 3BD930E7-2B39-459B-A2A7-18EF8C0F2940.png (1920x1080, 596K)

So worse performance? The 2700x is a better buy than the 6700k and better performer. Thanks for proving it for me retard. Always the guys with the worst waifu that also has the least amount of brain cells

when the h*ck did that happen? a 3% drop in ssd performance. the fps loss is literally 2-3 fps which by what you said is still better.

also

>he’s proud his 10 month old cpu can barely match a 3 year old cpu
r/ayymd at its finest

wow a processor from 2018 beats a CPU from 2015? wow AMD sure is amazing
the 8700k is like 60 more bucks usually on newegg and if that's not worth it to hit 5.0ghz you just shouldn't be building a high end computer, if you even consider something with an I7 high end (I don't)

You're acting like Intel made significant leaps in speeds. They just slapped on more cores, left flaws unlatched, cranked the heat output up, and left the price the same. JIDF needs better shills. The goyims know too much. Gotta spread more fud before Ryzen 3 drops

Attached: 1532658700601.jpg (500x500, 37K)

please delete this post. This does not confirm to my worldview as an AMD fan.

Thank you.

It's Zen 2 you chimp and I don't give a fuck if Intel doesn't make strides because without making any improvements a 4790k is still superior to a Ryzen 7 in everything except core counts and that means fuck all when the cores score 150cb single core

Video games are so expensive these days. They're not even FUN. They're boring, overpriced, lazy, and focused around microtransactions.

Games require so many resources because the developers are just lazy. Or they have a secret deal with the hardware companies to sell more products. Wouldn't be a surprise, honestly. Don't need new hardware if the software is optimized to begin with.

Grand Theft Auto V was programmed well. If you look at the minimum requirements it's unreal. Games that are newer and look worse require so much more and still lag. Assassin's Creed Unity was one example...

I agree fuck video games can't wait for the crash and good games will rise up, I have a 1080ti just to play games from 1992-2013, I think the only games newer than that I own are because of Humble

Wow, I thought Nvidia wasn't scared of the R7, but this is some serious damage control. Is it to ward off people from 570 and 590? Can't imagine what the marketing team is thinking.

Attached: 1543279653609.png (424x449, 461K)

>having money
i went from 8800 >integrated > integrated > 660 > 1060

waiting for next bang for buck. My 1060 6gb was 200 doll hairs, probably a month after release

>>Be me, 2016.
>>Decide to get a new rig, the 1060 just came out. Spend 300€ on one, another 300€ on a 6600k. Life's good.
What a FUCKING retard

The 1060 will still hang with new games too. Maybe not AAA games on heavy servers at 4k, but it'll run most games in mid-high settings no issue.

>10xx series laptop cards are the same as desktop so I am quite content with my 1070 laptop I bought last year.
...they're limited to like 60w and 99% of laptops have shit thermals and power delivery so it will perform significantly worse than even a desktop 1050ti.

I actually agree im still rocking my 970gtx.

fucking novideo
my 1060 3gb gets worse every update i had to install drivers from 2 years ago

absolutely fantastic reply
based amd redpilled

Most people who buy an 8700k don't even overclock it
Also the cost is more than $60. Even if the chips were only $60, you have to factor in cooler, ram, board, etc.

The irony is VII isn't cheap but it's still massively compromised.

1660ti is not as good as they hoped it would be
barely beats a 590.

b-but they, like can't make it cheaper, they are selling it at a loss! They are literally throwing FREE hardware at you! How can you be so ungreatful goy! Do you really prefer nvidia the name which stands for envy as in GREEEEEEEED that you would not buy amd?
I am literally shaking right now!

why the fuck do you Amds always talk about waiting for products i remember y'all saying to wait for Bulldozer, then Polaris then Vega now Navi, some of us have work to do or games to play now, who the fuck can just not have a computer for 8 months besides the kind of people who don't watch hardware releases

>8700k
>200$ 970gtx
I have no fucking idea what video card to buy right now so my 970 is going to have to do, That being said how are those 2070Rtx cards?

Attached: 1ad5931345f936f6339d03ac15d9f724.png (1920x1080, 580K)

don't forget, they at the same time point and laugh at intel for delaying their 10nm nonstop
Mean while they call every fucking failure as a "stop gap" and the true amd experience is just around the corner, just wait!

buy a used 1080ti

Bought and a8 7600 almost three years ago. Wanted to add a dedicated GPU year later. Amd cards did not supported Deux ex mankind divided on Linux. Bought gtx 1050.

Attached: 1550549578686.gif (192x160, 43K)

oh wow thanks not a bad idea

Attached: 9sg54hncvg3y.jpg (577x595, 43K)

The Israel Defence Force never sleeps, user.

>tfw used 1080 Tis are still being listed and sold around $650
I was considering just giving up on waiting (still have a 770). Alas, I hate my country.

8700K has a lower TDP and if you buy an I7 8700K and a Z370 board and not overclock it that's your problem, same if you wouldn't OC a 2700x on a X370 or X470 or even B350
board, aio, ram all costs pretty much the same
the motherboards cost the like same and with Intel you don't have to buy the best ram

>tfw bought a 290 Vapor-X 3.5 years ago
>still relevant
Paid €320 for it back then, and I'd have to pay significantly more than that if I want a significant performance upgrade right now. The current market is bullshit.

>I could have spent 700 on the 1080ti 3 years ago and would have enjoyed the best experience available all that time. Instead, I trusted the underdog, waited for something that will never come.

I feel the same. Now I'm sitting here with my 6 year old gpu and I have nothing. NVidia's RTX is gimmicky shit that I don't need and generational leap over the 10 series. AMD's VII is just a rebranded version of their WX 9100. There's nothing I can buy without feeling like I'm wasting my money

does eBay work in your country?

Attached: 1080TI ].png (2129x1829, 1.41M)

>bids

bottom one is byn but more importanly have you never used Ebay snipping a bid is nice way to get a deal. This is my current 1080ti it works just fine I just tore the fans off and slapped 2 cheapo newegg 120mm fans and a pwm slitter, temps are fine and near silent

Attached: my 1080ti.png (2821x1426, 2.56M)

>some of us have work to do or games to play now
You mean like the OP I was responding to who has a perfectly functional 6600k and 1060

>who the fuck can just not have a computer for 8 months
I don't know who those people are, but I know they are not the person with a working 6600k and 1060 who made this thread that I was responding to.

>don't forget, they at the same time point and laugh at intel for delaying their 10nm nonstop
Which is a perfectly valid thing to do for a process that has had volume production delayed about four years now, almost certain to roll on five, vs a specific product line that is still expected to arrive this year and has been delayed about 3 months compared to what the anticipated release might have been.

>Mean while they call every fucking failure as a "stop gap"
Every AMD failure I see either gets the Finewine or value defense, or else is Bulldozer that all but the blindest AMDrones readily concede was shit. Radeon VII on the other hand, we know fully well for a fact is a stopgap. Great Britain got like 100 units and total supply is estimated to top out at 5000 worldwide. They only launched it because they had to delay Navi, had some chips laying around, and decided they needed something GPU related to announce to earn a few extra shekels while gamers sit on their thumbs waiting for something good. It's a stopgap.