What is this "day in the life of a programmer" meme?

What is this "day in the life of a programmer" meme?
Every such video looks exactly the same

>same music
>young millenial
>wake up at 5am
>work/study
>breakfast
>work/study
>gym/run
>work/study
>sleep

youtube.com/watch?v=DFW8MwstRwY
youtube.com/watch?v=VxRX2u0Bk2g
youtube.com/watch?v=WWggmC8kYZc

Attached: main-qimg-c02622d8623804ea2766cd92c295df60-c.jpg (602x688, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UK2000bGHio
youtube.com/watch?v=VxRX2u0Bk2g
instagram.com/anakarolineves
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>wake up at 5am
>>work/study
>>breakfast
>>work/study
>>gym/run
>>work/study
>>sleep

sounds like every human being

Yeah

Attached: 0537F902-1383-407E-A51B-0760B3195958.jpg (916x1145, 67K)

you have discovered another normie degenerate meme
congratulations

It's hard to believe people making those videos do something worthwhile

>work
More like go in the office, eat a second breakfast, check emails, go talk around the Kurerig for an hour, to lunch, got to a code review meeting, go to a diversity/inclusion presentation, grab a snack, check emails again, and then maybe start actual work at 4pm. Then leave.

This here. youtu.be/UK2000bGHio

She gets fucked by a nigger every week

Wtf according to that video she did real work for maybe 3 hours at best, how do these companies get anything done?

>wake up at 5am
>sounds like every human being
No.

>how do these companies get anything done?
They don't.

Because that's not how it actually is, these videos just show people hanging around and eating fancy food. In reality there's way more work but that's boring to watch.

also this

That's how literally every big company works like
20% of the people generate for 80% of the profits

I mean this makes sense.
You don't hire a pretty woman for her work skills.
You hire her because she is good for morale and will make the codemonkeys work even harder.

god i wish i had a job like that and not grinding from 9 to 6

>youtube.com/watch?v=VxRX2u0Bk2g
>Winblows on every computer
That's gonna be a yikes for me dude

This is insane

>wake up at 5am
>work/study
>breakfast
>work/study
>gym/run
>work/study
>go to a party
>have sex
>work/study
>drink
>have sex again
>sleep

Is this what all CS students should strive for?

This is propoganda to get more people into CS and drive down the average wages.

I fucking hate these shittastic meme videos. Fucking bunch of narcissistic fucks.

One of these days I'll make a video called "a REAL day in the life of a programmer" where the soundtrack will be grindcore and it will involve screaming at coworkers and shit.

Imagine this being your life for the next 45 years - eating processed food, hanging around Jow Forums-tier incels, fueling your ego with mundane "activities" and working in a kindergarten environment.
Makes me not want to pursue a software engineer career.

>work before breakfast
>breakfast the only meal of the day
>work, fuck, run/lift, and party on one meal a day
Good god wtf

Imagine having such little self-respect that you don't wear a suit to work

Attached: 1537128457054.png (300x577, 133K)

>One of these days I'll make a video called "a REAL day in the life of a programmer" where the soundtrack will be grindcore and it will involve screaming at coworkers and shit.
I'm with programmer and that's legitimately how it is.

Welcome to the west, where doing what's easy > doing it right.

I just picture which part of this neck my cock would reach

>get up at 8:45am
>inhale toast and coffee
>fang it through traffic on motorcycle
>at my desk by 9:30, the latest you come in without getting in trouble, supposed to be for parents who for whatever retarded reason put their kids in a school on the other side of the city
>login
>resume web surfing from the day before and talking shit with my friends on slack
>do a small job or 2
>go for a coffee, talk shit with work colleagues
>repeat above till lunch
>go to gym or do shopping, whatever
>start clock watching until i can go home
>go home
>fap
>vidya
>etc

I was balancing between software engineer and career officer when I had to choose what I want to do when I grow up. I chose tech and after a decade of working in tech I've been questioning if I made the right call. I still like my job and I'm sure I would be having the same doubts if I had chose differently but sometimes you end up wondering what life would be like if you had chosen differently.

>wake up whenever it happens
>stay in bed for a few hours until im ready to exist
>think about what i need to do to be happy
>work
>eat
>work
>fap
>hurt
>work
>talk to friends for a few minutes
>work
>sleep

>Day in a life of average wagecuck codeslave.
Fuck im not regretting going into the offshore engineering.

People in these videos have such small responsibilities. They don't do anything significant. You don't see the leads or seniors who do the majority of architecture and coding behind the scenes.

Not even the mouth, you incel!

those videos are fake news, here's what a real day looks like for a programmer
>wake up 11am
>smoke weed
>walk to work
>morning standup
>waste time until 1pm
>get brunch
>get 2-3 hours of work in
>procrastinate the rest
>go home
>eat dinner
>play vidya
>go to sleep 4am

What is this "let's talk about youtube" meme?
If you have nothing relevant to discuss, don't use the board to link your youtube trash, you stupid fuck. This isn't a chatroom where you come to socialize. You have no business being here, fuck off and use the youtube comments section for this shit.

Most people get like 3 hours of work done a day. The 8 hour day is a complete meme that needs to die.

Oh absolutely

Attached: 1548291096239.png (800x821, 682K)

I am a zombie before breakfast. Which makes sense. This bitch be a robot bru.

Implying he's not coding for some shitty startup

Someone make a day in the life of a Jow Forums neet
>wake up at 3pm
>turn on PC
>update Arch
>something broke
>spend the next 40 minutes in the Arch Wiki copying and pasting commands to fix it
>it's finally fixed
>take 50 screenshots of the "desktop" to post them on Jow Forums
>followed by a montage of him typing frenetically while "x is finished and bankrupt", "y on suicide watch", "feminine penis", "(((parentheses)))" and "SJW cuck dindu" fly across the screen
>it's night time
>fap to transvestites and pre-op transsexuals
>wipe the cum on his shirt and goes to sleep

day of a roastie coder:
>leave bar at 2am. all the chads wanted those asian girls again. don't they notice my blue hair? those girls are way too skinny.
>go home and lay in bed on instagram until 3:30
>wake up at 12pm. oh no i'm late for work we normally meet up at 11:30 before going into the office for a lunch at the local organic vegan farm fresh daily dose trendy brunch $18 for a salad bistro
>show up at work at 1pm just while others are arriving. phew, i'll just tell them that i decided to stay home and try a new recipe for a paleo vegan kale salad with environmentally-friendly tofu and daiya cheese
>sit down at iMac and wait for auto-updates to install.
>call that creepy tech guy over to fix my iMac after it updates. he always mansplains about update scheduling and dependencies.
>iMac works again, file HR complaint against that creep for sexism
>call the creep over again because the update made my iMac forget all my passwords again and i can't log into instagram
>finally ready to go. log into twitter to post my daily "start of another day of coding! #kodewithkloss #girlswhocode #italiano." timestamp: 2:12 pm
>assignment for the day, input the client's product names into the name field of a javascript code that some other creep wrote
>can't remember the syntax, good thing i have crazy_strings.rb (which i wrote myself) to guide me.
>copy code, paste into js, cmd+f "hello, world" and replace with product names (yes i know keyboard shortcuts! girls who CODE!)
>all finished, send code to creep #2 for review (waiting for an opportunity to submit a HR complaint against him, too. i just email them directly to la'queefuh, she knows what's up.)
>leave office, meeting everyone at 3:30 for our after-work reward. today we're meeting at a place which serves free-range tibetian monk moustache shavings. so sustainable!)
>go home to get ready for another night out with the girls!

Attached: codegirl.png (1364x1788, 2.06M)

> Wake up at 6:00
> GOTO the church and thanks God for given me Divine Intellect
> Back home at 8:00 start coding in Assembly
> 10:00 fapping on /b/
>12:30 GOTO take food from the fridge, mom puts it there
> Thank God for the food
> 12:35 Eat while programming
> 16:00 fapping on /e/
> 18:00 fapping on Jow Forums
> 18:30 Have a snack
> 19:00 Dinner time
> 19:01 Bless the Food
> 20:00 Sniffing cocaine for the final rush and back to programming in asm (SPARC)
> 21:00 Compulsive fapping warching my code
> 02:29 Create new github repo
> 02:30 Git commit, git push
> 02:31 Git pull to a usb stick
> 02:32 Delete repo
> 02:45 Praying
> 03:25 last fap before sleep thinking about myself
> 03:27 sleep

4channers aren't human beings.

>6:45 wake up
>shower and get ready
>7:15 leave to work
>7:20 arrive at work
>grab my water and relax for a little on my phone
>7:45 go to my desk
>browse Jow Forums and reddit, plan PC build, bread recipes and read on other hobbies
>11:45 go to get my lunch before the rush
>1:10 return to my desk
>continue browsing but with emphasis on learning and reading (science/health, environment, politics, economics)
>3:45 pack up and hand in keys at security
>relax in the security office and phonepost
>4:00 leave work
>4:05 get home
I'm just going to enjoy this for as long as it lasts. 2 years so far and I'm half way in my savings towards the actual career development I want

Attached: 1473478935.jpg (640x497, 41K)

kek

I think this shit is far more prevalent in 'hip' silicon-valley type places. Go work for a bank and you'll have a cubicle and bring your own lunch.

Notice how despite all the faffing about, she eats in front of her computer. The pretense of work is more important than shorter, focused work sessions in many places.

>wake up somewhere between 6am and 1pm
>do whatever until hungry
>eat food
>do whatever(might program) until 9-12
>sleep
>never leave apartment until out of food
living the life

im a neet im shit is everyone on this site so succesful in life dammit im out

Attached: Shit.jpg (802x1000, 111K)

you have all the time in the world
do something with it faggot

You definitely shouldn't.

What sub-field/type of company grants you this lifestyle

Who???

I know how you feel.

only the successful ones post describing their life

Way too long and didn't finish reading it. Wasn't funny at all. Also Chads always go for white girls. Incels go for Asians
Why are you replying to obvious bullshit?

Attached: 1550398057601.png (514x496, 229K)

People like to pretend they're happy and successful, remember this.

Get up at 9am. Hydrate. Shit. Eat. Watch TV. Read. Walk around outside. Watch TV. Hydrate. Eat. Piss. Watch TV. Walk around outside. Shit. Hydrate. Lay around. Take a nap. Watch TV. Copy, paste. post. Eat, sleep.and then watch TV. Sleep.

rich, "successful" people are miserable all the time. achievements don't guarantee you happiness. people who say otherwise are liars or misled. learn to be content with what little you have or make. if you're unhappy because you feel unproductive, its within your power to change that. but its ultimately pointless to compare yourself to others.

Attached: 358gspat7q921.jpg (1000x4908, 509K)

This is the life we chose don't be surprised. Programming itself is a repetitive trade.

You realize that 90% of white-collar jobs are that without the ego fueling and somewhat lax environment, right? If you don't like it, start gorging on the tendies.

Please kill me then

Ive noticed this same thing hahahhaha
I fucking hate programmers now

This girl has a subhuman head

i wake up and basically learn shit all day

I feel like you are every single one of my piece of shit coworkers.
Add in a couple bullet points about bitching about your spouse.

Must be nice to have a office or at least cubicle. I work in an open office hellhole and if you dont have code on your screen and at least pretending to work, a "productivity engineer" (basically just two chicks that walk around making sure people arent slacking off) will come over and ask you to explain what you are working on at the moment. Its fucking awful.

>wake at 5am
>5:30 Brazilian Jiu-jitsu practice
>Come home at 7
>Work at 8
>Usually check some emails and review my planner till about 8:15
>Start shitposting on Jow Forums
>around 10 start working
>work hard without breaks till 12
>1 hour lunch
>Return at 1 and browse Jow Forums until about 4:00
>Talk with coworkers till 5
>Leave

To be fair, my company knows I'm shit. I always get "average" performance evaluations, which is apparently really hard to get. Almost everyone who tries a little is "above average". Still, they dont seem to hate me enough to fire me, and make $65k in Fort Wayne, Indiana, which is solid money for the region.

Open offices are such a fucking meme.
I bailed out of an internship after 8 weeks without doing any work because I couldn't concentrate with all the phone calls going on around me.
I want to know more about these productivity engineers though.

I told you all there is to know about them. 2 women 30lbs overweight and with fake tans. They walk around and spy on people. If you spend too long taking a shit, or they notice you shopping on Amazon, they come and ask what you are working on with the faketst smile they can force. They then ask you questions like you are Kindergartener, like "Do you feel you are being as productive as you could be today?" or "have you considered making a daily task list to help your productivity". Then they go tattle on you to supervisor who will fire off some copy/paste email to you that is a veiled threat about not working hard enough.

look at her skull shape

This is cringeful

A day in the life of this programer
>Wake up (3AM)
>Eat something
>Work
>Eat again (6PM)
>Work
>Sleep (8PM)

This fucking retard doesn't even know the difference between 12am and 12pm, how the fuck can she be a """programmer""".

>Incel now can have girlfriend
Sweet, Now Asian women begin more smart,successful and get chads, poor white girl

instagram.com/anakarolineves

Your anime waifu isn't real nor Asian. I'm not surprised that an amerimutt wants to create more mongrels in his dreams. All the attractive Asians go for Chads also but get dismissed and settle for Changs. But I guess you can settle for 2/10 butt ugly Asians bugwomen

You can read a lot white women butthurt about asian whores in Canada or Australia

They are called adverts.

Type 1)
>look how much of a HARD WORKER I am!
>I woke up at 5am!! I try so hard all day!
>I also involve my team!!!
>Please hire me!

Type 2)
>Wow, our company is so awesome, they give us free breakfasts :P
>Our company is so cool, we're inclusive of gay and black people, look this video is even made by a black person!
>Look at our cool games room!!! :)
>Please work for us

Learn English before (You)ing me

White girls have a much higher ceiling for attractiveness. If a chink, pajeet, nip, or gook gets a white girl, his social status rises. White men who settle for Asian women are seen as betas. Even those other countries try to look like white people with ungodly amounts of chemicals and plastic surgery

>John Lennon
>Beta
hahaha

>using the term "incel" unironically
You should leave and return where you came from, redditnigger

He got controlled by an Asian bugwoman (who wasn't even hot) so yes. A beta

please do. please. please...

Pay attetion to the timestamps. She is doing 90~120 min work blocks (coding/designing/meetings) and then taking a break for no more than 20 minutes, which is close to optimal productivity cycles. The video doesn't exactly show coding because (1) It is really boring and (2) not allowed to show any snippet of code since it is proprietary. Reality is, most people are just jealous of her work environment since they probably work their asses off on their bad jobs, on bad companies under the watch of bad bosses. So go ahead calling people "lazy spoiled millenials" if it makes you feel less miserable by your shitty over-saturated-with-work life. People who call others "Millenials" are not far from dying anyways :)))

Attached: 4channelRules.png (600x535, 32K)

>using Jow Forums terms on Jow Forums
return to reddit redditnigger

>>it's night time
Nah, more like
>sun is coming up,6AM
>one last fap
>sleep

>rich, "successful" people are miserable all the time.
Keep telling yourself that, NEET

NPCs dont divert from their programming user

How does telling people you assume come from Jow Forums to go to reddit make any sense?

Jow Forums is reddit and you should return there normienigger

Behold, the psychotic lunacy of the left.

>someone calls you a mean name
>immediately assume they're left wing
so this is the power of Jow Forums intellectuals.......

I had a nice laff, thanx user

These

> wake up at 8am
> eat breakfast and drink coffee
> Don't smoke weed
> work hard all day
> lift weights
> eat
> read programming books
> no gf
> sleep

Imagine not using aderall to program for 6 hours straight and keep getting pay raises. I don't reccomend it though. I don't know what to do with the money

it's not really. companies just want to lure normalfags so they can pay them less. in like 5 or so years webdevs will be literally mcdonalds tier.

>normie
looks like you're from Reddit

no, you are the normienigger from reddit

now return where you came from, redditor