/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: boywithcat.jpg (500x625, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

codeshare.io/5vdeKW
privacytools.io/#email
stallman.org/amazon.html#restricting
defectivebydesign.org/amazon-kindle-swindle
status.cock.li/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how many shota pics do you have OP

Attached: file.jpg (750x750, 90K)

So, is it true that the anus has some sort of primitive sense of taste?
Kinda inclined to believe it after taking a shit after yesterdays chili peppers.

never heard of that. Anuses do have feeling though, so spicy shits will have a feeling.

Does setting a higher temperature in the fridge helps preventing frost build-up in the freezer? It's almost 40º where we live, but my roommate wants to leave the temperature in the highest option possible since he's the one who cleans up the fridge, but now nothing gets cold inside the fucking fridge.

Attached: v4-728px-RemoveItems-Step-1.jpg (728x485, 39K)

My browser has started to autopause videos on youtube if I adjust the volume on the player. I swear this hasn't happened before. Is this something I can disable or am I just disabled myself and haven't noticed this before? I'm on Firefox 65.

>nothing gets cold inside the fridge
turn the temps down then.

That's the whole point of my question, mate. I'm asking if lower temperatures will cause more frost to build-up. If it really does, then we'll leave at that.

Even using the mouse? Sometimes this happens when I use the keyboard to change the volume.

Yeah, even with the mouse. It's really annoying.

Try running Firefox in safe mode and see what happens.

Not him, but I have around 700 hand-picked shota pics.

Attached: illust_66589185_20190112_195058.png (1100x810, 515K)

Post archive

Huh, that worked. Guess I'll dig around my addons and see which one's causing it. I feel kinda stupid for not doing this earlier, but yeah. Thanks!

I have two questions:
Is there any way to download entire pixiv galleries?
Is there any way to download all the images of a thread with 4chanX?

Attached: 5830703.jpg (408x286, 26K)

Have you tried Jdownloader2? It at least works on Jow Forums, but I don't visit pixiv so I don't know if it would work there.

whats a good gaming laptop for around $1000?

I'm not on my PC right now. I can upload my folder in a few hours.
By the way, is there a way to remove the .DS_store files that macOS automatically generates?

>gaming
>laptop

Think ya hafta do it from the terminal with rm.

wget

How do I compress .pdf archives without using retard websites?

Use pixivutil2.

how do I set Ungoogled-Chromium as my default browser? clicking it in the settings does nothing and I can't find it in the 'default programs' of the control panel

thanks for your input user-kun

np

How would one go about routing a media server through the regular connection while also having a VPN running on the machine? Using arch Linux.
I have an old comp and I want to use it to serve Plex and use it as a seed box as well. But I want my torrents to get routed through my VPN and I want plex to bypass it because of the performance drop. How can I do this? I think I should be doing something with iptables but I'm not sure.

is there any reason to buy >$50 routers?

you can set shit up like packet priority (so your silly fortnite packets take priority over your moms youtube packets) as well as having an adblocker running on your router. also you might want a much larger range for your shitty wifi so that your phone connects from the basement

let's find out, I can feed you my milkshake bb c:

I noticed theres old cheap refurbished server racks. can I buy a rack with a 12 thread xeon and 12gb of ram for $180 and use it as my main pc at home?

What web browser uses the least CPU?

>you can set shit up like packet priority
can't custom firmware do that?(tomato, dd-wrt)

thats not it. stuff like that requires a lot of processing power so any router can install dd wrt but most couldn't prioritize the packets of 200mb/s worth of shit. if you have slow Internet it doesn't matter though

I can't decide on what to pick.

If I learn C# and Unity is that transferable to a job very well? I started to learn Web Dev but I don't think it's really my thing I think I'd love to build games.

Thanks guys

How does one use restricted overwrite mode when burning DVD-RW via BSD's dvd+rw-tools?

Attached: hmm.jpg (193x262, 11K)

having a good grasp of object oriented problem solving would transfer to any job. are you sure you want to make games? its arguably way more boring than web dev unless you are doing the art

I just think the end result in game dev would be much more appealing to me.

Is C# hard to learn? How long will it take to get a good grasp

Guess I'll ask here and on csg my brother bought a mii pad 2 and broke it however the panel is completely fine I'm wondering what it'll take to turn it into a dedicated monitor. Despite it being in a non 16:9 aspect ratio it's too nice of a panel to simply yeet into the bin

C newbie here. What is the meaning of the variable prefix "&"? used in the following snippet:

int value;
fflush(stdin);
if (fscanf(stdin, “%d”, &value) == 1) {
return value;
}

it comes down to your problem solving skills and motivation/focus. you should focus a lot more on smaller goals first otherwise you will want to quit when you still dont have a basic working game 10 months from now.

>Reinstall Window 7 on new Ryzen build
>Have Soundblaster Audigy FX
>Install drivers
>No sound
>Disable drivers, sound suddenly works coming through the sound card
What could be causing this? I've never once had a problem with a Windows 7 reinstall, and now all of the sudden my sound card wont work with the supplied software, only the generic windows onboard software. Everything is disabled, digital is off, and still nothing from Audigy's software plays sound. I need the sound card, otherwise I will have no dedicated sub out.

>its arguably way more boring than web dev
are you fucking kidding mate programming games is much more fun than web dev

maybe after you've been programming for half a decade and you know how to do things, but from how he's asking it sounds like he basically has 0 experience

Are there any firefox addons that let me control about:config flags quickly? As in, I can click the addon button and change a particular flag from true to false?

I need to change my referrer header and resistFingerprinting status often because of logins and captchas and it's annoying to have to go to about:config every time

i tried to open a microsoft office file that was actually a virus with libreoffice.

this is what i saw ( was unable to enable macros). i assume i didn't get infected, does anyone know or sure? i'd rather skip formatting windows or spending 6 hours downloading anti-viruses.

1/2

Attached: temp1.png (1363x763, 88K)

2/2.

translation: this file has been created with an old version of MOW, to visualize the content click "allow changes" on the yellow bar and "allow content".

Attached: temp2.png (1366x513, 183K)

Im trying to integrate cmd2 and prompt toolkit to make a TUI that will evaluate what the user types and preform a function.

Ex:

>>>>list_item ham

>>>>add_item -f chicken

however the prompt isnt working well with the TUI layout and i was hoping i could get some help. To see the issue run it and the type quit then it should go into the TUI.

codeshare.io/5vdeKW

Attached: 1465714284592.png (652x669, 311K)

I guess this is more of an r9k thing but whatever. I was talking to this normie and had a conversation like this
>our system could be much more efficient if we did X but that can't work because of Y
>X works like Z, right? And there's also W
>yeah
>I haven't tried implementing something like that though
>(no response)

I can't tell if this is awkward or normal.

Is there video recording software that can record at 144+ fps? Shadowplay is limited to 60.

Also, what the hell are -use-the-force-luke=notray, -use-the-force-luke=tty, -use-the-force-luke=dao? BSD Manual just says:
>Rationale behind leaving these options undocumented is that those few users who would actually need to use them directly can as well consult the source code or obtain specific instructions elsewhere.
Nonetheless, these are enabled in burning tools by default, which is a bit creepy. It's impossible to find any good info about these prefixes and what exactly they do.

Is there a way to clean dust out of a laptop fan without taking it apart? I'm tech illiterate so I'll most likely mess something up if I opened it. I used canned air but I still get a message saying that there's a problem with the fan.

Is there any way to make ffmpeg take any kind of input (including images) and just make a copy of it without metadata WITHOUT reencoding the whole damn thing?

alright so i am trying to run a demo for a game called Timeshift it gives be a GSvideoinit error i have heard that i need to run a XP VM to get it to run so how do i get one running?

Are there any recommended ereaders for manga? My tablet hurts my eyes >~

Attached: 1468587621683.gif (480x360, 249K)

Two questions

How would I set up a "tv channel" using 4tb of tv shows and movies?

At the moment, I'm using a vlc playlist on shuffle, but it sucks as its not "true" shuffle, it keeps playing the same few random episodes.

Secondly, how kino is the LGV20? I like the removable battery and usb-c, but I don't feel comfortable buying something from a korean

Is there a similar program to PingPlotter Pro for Windows but portable and free?
Something that would show network jitter and graph like PingPlotter does.

A couple programs render blurry stuff, mostly text but images too sometimes, at it kind of fails to autofocus, like a camera does, but even when it does get better it's likely to fuck up again a second or two later.
Image is kind of what it looks like, but it's usually worse.
Someone mentioned before about some kind of program setting for each exe, but that setting doesn't exist so I'm not sure what else it could be?
Windows 10 if that matters.

Attached: Capture.png (127x13, 4K)

Access to my external HDD connected to the router via USB3 is a tiny bit laggy. Not frustratingly so, but still not smooth. Is this more likely to be a function of the transfer speed (about 40mbps), or because the drive itself has little power (it's slim-fit, fed purely by USB).?

is the RPi 3 decent for 1080p IPTV streaming? My particular provider's streams are using H.264 but I'm still unsure of performance

If it's going to be a pain in the ass I'll just get a Fire Stick but I'd prefer not to buy Amazon shit

What's a good alternative to Windows Movie Maker? My new computer doesn't seem to have it. All I need is something that lets me put a picture on some music and render that into a video.

What router respects muh freedoms?
Also does anyone have a guide on how to secure a network. Thanks

are all laptop touchpad buttons shit?
I got one of those business grade dell latitudes brand new for free and the left button already takes up to 3 very hard presses sometimes when I've been using it maybe twice a week. Do I have to disassemble this shit already? I don't necessarily need them, but it's annoying not having something work.
I also had similar problems with thinkpads

lenovo legion y520 15ich

One that is supported by OpenWRT. Supported by LibreCMC if you want to go full freetard. Securing a network, depending on the size of it, is a complicated task. I recommend a textbook on Network Security, like the Security+ guide or something like that.

you can just tap on the touchpad you know
why use the buttons if you're using the touchpad, weird

The tap isn't great for clicking and dragging when selecting a section of text, for instance

I had to order another laptop to replace my old, broken down one. A couple years ago I installed W7 to the old one using a Jow Forums guide (which worked fine and which I still have), but I'm starting to wonder if it's really worth it to do again when W7 is going to be discontinued in 2020. I'm now considering Linux, but I know not all laptop brands support Linux and I purchased this without checking, so I'm considering dual booting. Is there a recommended Jow Forums guide for dual booting Linux/Windows?

I just poured 125mw into cans with a specified capacity of 100mw. Will those 1-2 seconds hurt the drivers? I'm paranoid. DT 880 and Atom btw.

Is there a way of evenly layout all windows into a full screen grid on Linux? My best search led me to Compiz but I can't really find any option for it.

Is there a way to kill excessive prints to stdout that ctrl+c can't stop well? Best options I found was either killing the terminal or ctrl+z and killing the process but that takes time too.

It's a reference operator and a similar operator *, is it's counterpart. If you're asking this question I'm going to guess you haven't covered much of addresses and pointers are so let me try to explain as best as I can.

When you declare a variable, some space the size of that variable (example 1 bytes for a char) is created in memory on the program stack. There's a value for the address of where that space is memory is and there's also a value for what resides in that particular memory address. When you call a function against that variable you may want to give the function the current value and not change the variable value after the call.
void foo(int a) {
a = 55;
}

int main() {
int a = 9;
foo(a);
// The value of a stays at 9 because the "value" of "a" (9) was passed

return 0;
}

In the case of fscan, you want to assign the scanned value to that variable. So what you have to do is pass the address of that variable, dereference it which is just a fancy way of saying I want to work with value of the address, and assign it a new value.
void foo(int *a) {
*a = 55;
}

int main() {
int a = 9;
// Pass the address of a
foo(&a);
// The value of "a" is now 55

return 0;
}

Simply put, because fscan reads a value into that variable it will need the address of "value".

I have an AMD A10-5750M APU and I want to undervolt it. I can't find recent infromation on how to do this Anyone got a resource they could chuck at me?

Any sites similar to nullbyte that explain WiFi security and penetration? I've checked out hackforums but it's just a bunch of Russians asking how to hack Facebook

Assuming you're talking about headphones, probably not. If they still sound fine, you should be good.
Whatever you do, don't install Linux first. Windows has a tendency to screw up the Linux installation with its own, so just install Windows first and then do Linux after.

How the fuck do you register an email in 2019 without giving your social security id,your phone number,a drop of your blood and your first and second born?

>order pc parts
>pay for rushed delivery
>parts flagged and seized
>currently sitting at some airport
>I'm going to get my shit a week from now
>all boxes will have been opened
>nothing will be repackaged right

does this shit happen to anyone else? Every time I order a Case, GPU, or more than 500G of storage this shit happens

Is there a way to uncuck a kindle paperwhite? I just received one from a family member and the screen's cool and shit. But fuck I hate amazon. I've researched a bit into jailbreaking but idk if that really helps.

>software engineering bachelors degree
>8 months web dev for startup
>4 months image processing/multithreading C# internationally for big hardware company
>2 years web dev for business solutions at telecommunication company
All my workplaces have nothing but good things to say about me, but I don't want to be a web dev.
I will be applying to my big dream companies this weekend. Do I stand a chance? I want to work as a software engineer I or II.
In university (graduated 2 years ago) I developed unfinished video games and partook in programming events. Nowadays I am developing an unfinished web application.

Attached: 20180618_182100.jpg (5312x2988, 2.82M)

How come new Samsung phone has 1 to 1.5 terabytes of storage memory? How can they fit it in such small format and keep it on the cheap?

Attached: 1550348603403.jpg (616x441, 51K)

Bruh, what emails are you signing up for? Granted, it's been a while since i've made one, but I don't remember them requiring more than basically a username and a password, even for Gmail. The last email address I made was with Cock.li, and that worked just fine.
Here's some nice privacy-respecting providers that are worth a look. I'd personally be skeptical of Tutanota and Protonmail because of their lack of support for email clients/your own GPG setup, but the rest are worth checking out.
privacytools.io/#email

stallman.org/amazon.html#restricting
defectivebydesign.org/amazon-kindle-swindle

gmail
yahoo
hotmail/outlook
The basics. They all want a phone number

>cock.li
Does not have advanced features such as pop/imap or forwarding. Their interface is fucking slow as shit and all of their domains will get your account blacklisted before you even start
>proton
Not safe and they self censor despite not breaking any international laws.

what technology should i learn if i want to become a billionaire?

Samsung also makes SSDs

Is there a way to re-encode bink2 .bk2 to something more normal like mkv? I've tried searching but all I can find is the RadTools shit, but it's useless.

Sure, but 1.5 terabytes in such small format? Does it mean we will see much higher capacity ssd's soon and on the cheap?

Yeah I just recommended against it and Tutanotal in the post. Did you not read what I said?
>interface slow
You should never be using the "interface" for an email account like a brainlet 'good goyim' anyway. Use a client like Thunderbird, Claws, or Mutt.

There is no other option to any cock.li webmail.
They do not offer any pop3/imap/forwarding features.

usually there is an air exchange and fan. when this freezes over the freezer only keeps the ice blocking it cold, you have to defrost that shit and then set it to the minimum temp required to freeze the ice cube tray. aim for like -3C in warm climates.

any 1060 laptops on sale will be ok

this is a constant problem with VPNs and why client VPNs on a host are a problem. Most people now aim to have dual wifi networks and VPN on the router associated with 1 of the WLANs.

however if your wifi client is just a route to a loopback or something you might be able to add a more specific route to your media server in your local routing table.

ten gigabit ports for media servers?

it's called nerve endings. They can probably feel menthol as well but I ain't testing. taste is olfactory and taste buds. not the same thing

the only problem with this is noise. like I thought this old AS400 would be awesome.. until the fans turned on and 2 weeks later I got rid of it.

also xeons rarely have iGPU so plan for GPU height and OS support.

also E3 isn't real Xeon, it's i7 without iGPU (which is actually better for compatibility most of the time).

Yeah dude I've seen the articles and RMS's page, I'm asking if there is a way to UNKEK a kindle from amazons services

1T in a big phone is feasible when you can get cheap low-bin chips from yourself. The chips themselves are getting smaller too; 64 layer flash is common now.

Can you try this in English?

>They do not offer any pop3/imap/forwarding features.
what the fuck are you on?
status.cock.li/

Attached: IMAP:POP3Operational.png (927x162, 14K)

Can someone explain to me what a decoder is ? I'm using this media player called foobar 2000 and it has this component that Adds decoding support for Sony PlayStation Sound Format files.

I'm not entirely sure what that means, any help would be appreciated.

Attached: 1532293284816.jpg (1080x950, 114K)

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure there's no alternative firmware for kindles in the same way that there's custom android roms. You're probably out of luck.

pls halp I have autism

what do those do?

Alright so then I think I'll have to trash this shithole device. What does Jow Forums use to read ebooks? Laptops just don't cut it for me.