/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Previous thread:

Attached: Kode_macht_frei.png (355x330, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackage.haskell.org/package/unix-2.7.2.2/docs/System-Posix-Signals.html
ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Commentary/Rts/Signals
hackage.haskell.org/package/base-4.5.0.0/docs/src/GHC-ConsoleHandler.html
codeshare.io/5vdeKW
quora.com/Whats-the-best-way-to-learn-C-from-being-an-experienced-C-developer-I-currently-work-on-low-level-system-designs-with-C/answer/Mario-Galindo-Queralt-Ph-D
learnxinyminutes.com/docs/c /
youtube.com/watch?v=WabqFEcMuUU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Haskell is the best

Attached: 1548911174725.jpg (401x500, 32K)

>anime girls reading SICP

Attached: sader.png (378x309, 119K)

Attached: 1548881675551.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

nth for Nim!

5th for anime was a mistake.

Attached: 1486250982514.jpg (498x341, 41K)

how do I write an IRQ handler in haskell?

Think about it for a second. For a dynamic object like an enemy, there could be 0 of them or there could be 100. Why would they each have their own unique texture? Even the use of unique textures for the static map is kind of debatable, because the maps in Rage performed well and looked great (from a distance), there isn't really any reason why you can't do the same with traditional texturing

hackage.haskell.org/package/unix-2.7.2.2/docs/System-Posix-Signals.html
ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Commentary/Rts/Signals

>makes an interesting premise
I DONT RIKA DAT CAUSE MY FREND DIED
what a baka

Jow Forums is an anime website. Keep Jow Forums in Jow Forums.

Texture rebinding isn't a 'problem'

>For a dynamic object like an enemy, there could be 0 of them or there could be 100.
It depends, then, whether enemies are spawned procedurally or whether they are placed by hand.

hackage.haskell.org/package/base-4.5.0.0/docs/src/GHC-ConsoleHandler.html
Windows version

Well why would they have a unique texture if they were placed by hand when they're copies of the same object? It makes sense for the map because you're treating the map like a painting, enemies are copies of the same object

Jow Forums is Jow Forums, newfriend

They may have the same behaviour but why do they have to look identical?

Is there really a need to make a new thread as soon as the last one hits 310?

How else are you supposed to show off your l33t photoshop skills with your newest picture of an anime girl + a god damn haskell book or sicp?

to avoid the last thread spilling over into this one, but that guy doesn't come here to start shit very often

so their animations play correctly? The whole idea behind megatexturing is it lets you treat your map like a painting, one big unique piece of art, that doesn't really work when you want alot of dynamic instanced objects everywhere, it encourages people making game worlds that are less interactive

Haskell is very comfy :3

Attached: haskell girl big breast.png (1075x1518, 1.76M)

>so their animations play correctly?
They can reuse the same rig.
>it encourages people making game worlds that are less interactive
I'm not sure it encourages anything except making game worlds with less texture repetition.

Because there were a couple of leaked Jow Forumstards shitting up the last thread talking crap of anime and cross-dressers and moralfagging.
When are mods going to address the Jow Forums leaking?

do you even know what an IRQ is?

Thoughts on Julia?

Attached: 1473542297689.jpg (306x600, 71K)

They could at least have waited until the off topic posters had tired so they don't infect this thread.

A web app to daily rate my girlfriend's butthole scent. It's going to have a graph too so I know when to feed her more aspartan

No, I'm just googling what you asked for since I'm guessing you didn't try looking
You can always use C with FFI, it's pretty easy and you can still get the benefits of Haskell (though there's a cost)

She's hot.

How do I implement flags(?) in python?
I want to pass something as true of false and for function to do different things based on this.
Currently I have the following code:
# Get the address through a proxy
def get_with_proxy(address, render = True):
"""
By default grabs the link and renders it using `requests-html`.
Option `render` may be set to `False` if JavaScript is not required.
"""
session = HTMLSession(browser_args=["--proxy-server=socks4://" + return_proxy()])
expose = session.get(address)
try:
if render:
expose.html.render(retries=1)
else:
pass
return(expose)
except:
if render:
get_with_proxy(address, render = True)
else:
get_with_proxy(address, render = False)

But it returns "expose" only sometimes, so I assume there is a fault in my implementation.

This is my favourite boot-camp.
I invite all my jewish friends, such fond memories.

They need to have the same model or very close to it to reuse rigs unless you have some very fancy animation retargetting system
Dynamic objects spawn and respawn, for the megatexturing system to work everything needs to be placed on the level beforehand so it can be baked, which means you're encouraged to make very static game worlds

m trying to integrate cmd2 and prompt toolkit to make a TUI that will evaluate what the user types and preform a function.

Ex:

>>>>list_item ham

>>>>add_item -f chicken

however the prompt isnt working well with the TUI layout and i was hoping i could get some help. To see the issue run it and the type quit then it should go into the TUI.

codeshare.io/5vdeKW

Attached: 1465714284592.png (652x669, 311K)

>Jow Forums is one board

Is there any reason not to use unique_pointer and auto for everything over raw?

Attached: 1532006313984.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Actually it was some cross-dresser, who started spamming feminist propaganda.

You should catch only specific exceptions, not all of them. Who knows what's going wrong, if you catch them all?

use lots and lots of raw pointers user

Thoughts on this boomer's take on C++ vs C#/java?

quora.com/Whats-the-best-way-to-learn-C-from-being-an-experienced-C-developer-I-currently-work-on-low-level-system-designs-with-C/answer/Mario-Galindo-Queralt-Ph-D

raw pointers are fine if there's no ownership involved

I agree, this camp really helped me to concentrate on learning to code.

I'm learning how to code in legalese by writing a draft retainer to a client and a legal cost disclosure.
I don't like my career.
Funny thing is, I learned some script doing shit for a legal position. Honestly could get good at coding a bit if I didn't have stupid legal shit to deal with.

Attached: 1532145515933.png (792x540, 398K)

>P.D.: I forget to recomend you, do not take into account that C# was invented by Microsoft with the only purpose of keeping you on their system and make more money. Try to imagine that it was done with an altruistic point of view in an intent to make a better world. Belive me, if you try hard, it is possible to imagine this pathetic situation. If you can't, think in using hypnosis as a last recourse.
How can one man be so based?

Cute penis.

Do your legal formatting with latex then.
At least you learn how to code in latex.

Attached: 1512158078497.png (1066x558, 63K)

>Julia

Attached: 1550348941440.png (1628x1440, 1.52M)

Well good thing this is 4channel

I sure love writing delete everywhere, especially before breaks and throws

that's an owning pointer, retard

What's the best book to understanding C++ with the least bloat?

No 1000+ page monstrosities please

Attached: 1526789123869.jpg (1280x720, 233K)

A Tour of C++ by Starsoup

I tried doing some small things with notepad, but I might try that.
Law really isn't easy to program due to it's abstractive and figurative language.

When you do break down the law though, you really do begin to see parallels with computer programming and law.

>coding
pushing through another webdev subhuman course chapter a day to become webdev subhuman
because algorithms, data structures, math and all that gay shit is too hard

Attached: 2019-02-20-210619_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 313K)

learnxinyminutes.com/docs/c /

k Jade

whomst?

just snoop around cppreference for a while

I dont get it: there is a jdk for java 11 but only a jre for java 8? what do I have to install?

Effective C++ by Scott Meyers is good

Not to be mistaken with Effective Modern C++

is it such a big difference? is modern c++ not based upon c++ or have there been major (groundbreaking) changes in the meantime?

Are there any reasons to use LISP over Python?

>this boomer's take on C++ vs C#/java?
>C++ vs C#/java
That wasn't the question though? Boomer is a hardcore sepples fanatic and probably angry he stagnated.

C++11 is basically an entirely new language
Later C++ standards have added more features but they're pretty easy to grok if you know C++11

>fixed*

Attached: JuliaMaid.png (306x600, 80K)

neither

Learn C from "the c programming language" to understand C++ from lower level perspective (pointer arithmetics, memory ownership, strings, files etc). Then read about basics of C++ classes from a website such as tutorialspoint. You'll pick up most of standard classes naturally when they become useful for you. Rest of the language is bloat in my opinion.

>she

Arrays are pointers. Debate me.

The first book talks about basic C++98 tricks, the modern one is about advanced C++11 and 14 features. It fully expects you to know what lvalue and rvalue is, concurrency and how moving is different from copying for instance

The first book is wholly understandable with very base C++ knowledge

Why is RPC such shit

Arrays are maps in JS :^)

['foo', 'bar']

is really just
{
0: 'foo',
1: 'bar',
}

struct ArrayInt4 { int A1, A2, A3, A4 }
}

The modern cpp book only talks about the new things
The first contains a lot of useful tipps for the base language

Also, the size of arrays should be known at compile time

sizeof(int[10]) == sizeof(int*)

I already know C, please don't assume my knowledge-gender like that.

>fixed*

Attached: JuliaMaid.png (306x600, 70K)

everyone is retarded unless proven otherwise, you can't just be a transbigbrain

kill yourself immediately.
thank you.

PYGAME has no Vsynch NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I was tryna learn some q learning by python but now I can't do shit. Fuck me. Can't do it in js either.

Attached: kill_self.jpg (712x528, 179K)

>
>why does twitter delete posts/ban users who tweet "learn to code"?

Do they really?

try it

So yeah anyone know any python game libraries that have vsych for q learning projects?

I don't have an account, and I'm too lazy to make one.

youtube.com/watch?v=WabqFEcMuUU

guess you'll never find out

>Actually it was some cross-dresser, who started spamming feminist propaganda.
It wasn't propaganda. And it was not about gender bending neither. Even tho I like that she fucks my ass sometimes, buy I don't think that is gender bending.
It's all about cross dressing and having fun with my gf
>Pic related, me, cross-dressing

Attached: IMG-20190204-WA0022.jpg (1200x1600, 165K)

Just use PySDL2

OpenGL has Python bindings.

It's because the phrase has been linked to hate speech/ elitism. The learn to code code thing was marketer toward blue collar workers as can blue collar people learn to code? This came off as elitist speech and has been adopted by a very few trolls. Thus twitter just bans fags from using it.

No, Python has OpenGL bindings

Attached: autism (1).jpg (604x243, 13K)

Attached: she.jpg (1600x842, 872K)

why u posting the small version u subversive jew

Attached: learn2kkkode.jpg (960x858, 75K)

Attached: 1538854730118.webm (1280x532, 1.14M)

my nonexistent brain thought the tracks were weird lines of people until I saw this then I remembered

>No manual entry for g++
>g++: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-help’; did you mean ‘-h’?
>g++: error: missing argument to ‘-h’

If I had to code before the internet I'd have probably killed myself

>Programming sets you free
Programming is a trap, don't listen
Get out while you can

Attached: SICP.jpg (1200x675, 100K)

SIngle character flags are typically "-x", multicharacter ones have "--xxx". Also, g++ is just a part of gcc, and you definitely should have man pages for that.

Why not kill yourself anyways?

Attached: 1547449592988.jpg (768x480, 101K)