Anyone here own a chromebook and know, for sure, how to make it a non-useless BOTNET piece of shit...

Anyone here own a chromebook and know, for sure, how to make it a non-useless BOTNET piece of shit? I've had this thing for over two years now and I have never been able to do anything with it other than take notes in class and watch youtube videos. I enabled devopler mode on it, but do I absolutely need a flashdrive to install ubuntu on it? Other than that what else can I do? The main things I want out of my chromebook is to run code, mySQL and vidya(older games obviously, nothing new-ish)

Attached: 1541893803530.jpg (640x1280, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/diokonigsreuter
galliumos.org/
erdnaxe.github.io/chromebook-linux/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cute

>tfw no gf

Attached: 1549995464445.jpg (750x933, 517K)

imagine the smell

>need a flashdrive
they're pretty cheap dude

You don't need a flashdrive, you can use the app USB mountr. Look up how to dualboot Linux distros on youtube or something like that. On linux you can pretty much do anything, but not all software is built for it.

*SNIFFS*

How old is she? I'm asking simply because I've been arrested and I have to prove my innocence

instagram.com/diokonigsreuter

Probably like 16

she is very lithe and nubile

Policemen have found out that she's 18. Phew, I've never been so close to the prison!

>so many white girls look like trannies that anons get scared when they see one that's not

How does "look like a tranny" correlate with "look underage" ?

Open it up, take out one screw, flash that one guy's bootleg coreboot, screw back in, boom, you have a FOSS device with BOTNET CPU.
No, anything running intel is shit and unusable.

I'm downloading and installing it right now actually, I guess the first time I tried I was too drunk/tired to figure it out. But what happens if something goes wrong, or I decide I don't want ubuntu on my CB anymore? Do I have to wipe my entire CB and re-install chrome OS via flash drive?

galliumos.org/

Yeah.

Don't buy a chromebook you fucking idiot.

jesusfyckncrst, why do ppl keep insisting on attempting obtaining fine cheese from a fucking potato? Whats in the fucker, like 2Gees RAM and an 6.5GB fucking drive, or some shit? You cant DO shit with it, primarily because its a POS. A light notebook with quadruple the fuckin spec const you maybe $40 in ebay. Sweet fucking jeezus, use it solely for shitposting already, and buy a workhorse instead of a one-legged donkey if you want to do Other Shit.

First off, calm your fucking tits. And it was $200 and at the time I brought it, it made perfect sense to do so. However it's only been the last few months where the limitations have become an issue. With all that said, the vast majority of laptops for $200 or less are absolute trash. It's not like there's that much of a difference at this price.

>brazilian league of legends twitch streamer
Huh.

You can run linux apps or install GalliumOS

>Digital Influencer
to clarify that she's not taking any appointments locally

Why are your testes so small? Look, just FUCK OFF! and buy a proper laptop, alright?

Would virtual box with windows work on that thing?

Grow a pair and ask a girl out you coward

>implying any self-respecting woman would date a neet
I would not. I'm a Femanon, btw

Post pic you slut

Smash your chromebook with a hammer and light the remains on fire. When the fire dies down, pour some gasoline on top to keep it going. Congratulations, your chromebook is now a useful, botnet free heat source.

Attached: ballmer.gif (480x360, 618K)

use crouton.

The Thinkpad x131e chromebook can have its bios flashed entirely with Seabios, which to my knowledge is FSF approved, and its hardware is 100% compatible with FSF approved Linux distributions such as Trisquel. I’m not sure about any other chromebooks, though.

What race is this demon?

There doesn't appear to be a single drop of brazilian sopa de macaco blood in her.

Just get a Thinkpad or a Dell Latitude you plum

19 years old according to twitch

>Königs Reuter
There's your clue

Too many upper body shots. There's not much to see there

>women don't expect to pay for anything in a relationship EVER
>"booo i'd never date a neet"

why don't you fucking drop dead you useless leech cunt

>Women don't expect to pay for anything in a relationship EVER

Hahahahahahahahaha how fucking deluded are you

Are you at least cute in any way or have a big dick?
I used to have a sugar mommy for years, it's not hard if you try.

gestern, wir waren Koenigs n sheeeit

Yeah I found that surprising too. I've met a lot of Brazilian girls before and none of them looked anything like this, even the "white" ones.

Unironically a Nazi high command descendant. If they didn't get the noose, they set up shop in Brazil interestingly enough.

Attached: 28157517_1051824308310700_7276779033084297216_n.jpg (1080x1152, 177K)

German women look like dudes though

>German women look like dudes though
>being this gay

Attached: 1538610240862.jpg (362x314, 24K)

I'm cute and adorable and smart and hardworking :3
I have a vagina.

larp harder basement-dwelling lardass

As an actual answer to the OP, I have Ubuntu working on my Chromebook and it works very nicely indeed. Slackware -current is problematic and Devuan, well, forget it. Currently Ubuntu is the only thing that works well enough to be worth considering.

First you have to flash the BIOS with the one for Legacy firmware on Mr Chromebox's website, also follow the instructions from Fascinating Captain's site on converting Chromebooks [I used his Mint example].

Attached: 44387c287f848f1708fa64b3bdc47a53--owari-no-seraph-krul-tepes-dark-angels.jpg (474x670, 48K)

No need to be so harsh on yourself, incel.

GalliumOS is ubuntu flavor for Chromebooks

thighs

Also, I should mention audio. Audio is a big issue with converted Chromebooks and many give up because they can't get it to work. The solution that worked for me is here:

erdnaxe.github.io/chromebook-linux/

OP here, I have Ubuntu 16.04 installed with dual boot, I've been playing around with it basically all day. It's my first time using an Linux OS. I still can't figure out how to compile C++ code on this though or how to run mySQL, but I guess it's still better than dealing with the chrome OS. I'm hoping I can figure it out at some point before tomorrow.

Attached: file.png (299x168, 75K)

I would consider moving up to 18.04 since 16.04 uses kernel 4.4 and 18.04 uses kernel 4.15 which works a lot better which Chromebooks.

I don't know if that would help with your compiling issues but it may do.

Also you needn't worry about dual booting, you can just delete the ChromeOS partitions in an Ubuntu install, it makes no difference. It's what I did. I now have the full 16GB hard drive which I use just for root, with a 64GB SD card which I use for /home.

It's "MA'AM!"

Merely stating the fact, incel (;

That's what I want to do but I can't figure out how to update it. I see an update available in ubuntu update, but when I click on install nothing happens. And I'm not planning to delete chrome OS just yet, just in case I decide not to stick with it. But I do like it so far.

Me on the left

hey bb wanna buy sum fuk?

Just do a fresh install. One thing you'll learn about Linux, especially if you're starting out, is that you may be doing quite a bit of distro-hopping and fresh installing while you experiment and find out what works for you. Just download the iso for 18.04.2, backup your important files and install the new version.

No.

I'll probably end up just doing that honesty, I didn't realize there were different versions. I'm assuming when you uninstall the OS, all the files and apps are gone with it? I don't want anything taking up space.

I want to lick her thighs

Attached: 1550692309123_0.jpg (1280x720, 76K)