Galaxy Fold

what the fuck is this shit?

Attached: 35345.png (900x600, 170K)

Attached: 53534.png (609x455, 188K)

I assume a smartphone.

Obscenely expensive clunky first-gen device.

But the concept is great. As soon as they make the external screen full-sized bigger then I'm in. The internal screen is about as good as I could have possibly expected.

Attached: 32424.png (426x499, 392K)

Attached: 1549839105652.jpg (900x1239, 120K)

Why shit on new tech that's only gonna get better?

This, the fold is pretty much a prototype.
In few years every brand will have one at 1/4 the price of this thing and will be beter in every possible way.

I am not going to get it, but ffs you autists, at least they are trying something new.

This is clearly a device targeted at bored spoiled rich kids and saudis who will get it just to play for it for a day, but in doing so will subsidize further development into this concept.

I actually think this is great and can see it being an actual thing one day. What needs to be done, is:

a) for the forward screen to be bezel-less and as good as a note 9's

b) when folded to lie flush into a tight brick rather than have any gaps.

c) price to be at least half if not 1/4th eventually, but hey, its like you oh-so tech knowledgeable folk dont know how much early laptops or 100mb drivers used to cost.

d) (relevant to me), s-pen, s-pen, s-pen. Can't believe they didnt add the s-pen to this.

Attached: sshot507ecbe018924.jpg (650x943, 588K)

Nokia 9110 Communicator 2.0

this looks so fucking goofy I can't

Samsung _folding_ the lower and mid range to Huawei to fight for the 2k $ unicorn with Apple.

>b-b-but it's not a notch!!!

A meme.
Honestly though, this is the only actual attempt at innovation that the market has seen in years.

More like this year, you're underestimating how fast chinks are when copying something.

I really don't think a few years (I'm supposing you're talking about 3-4 years) will suffice for a 1/4 the price — not at least with every brand, I'm sure, given the fact that you need a foldable OLED panel. Apple, Samsung and Huawei, sure. Anyway, I'm guessing the third-gen Fold will be affordable, but 1,500 kind of affordable. The day it goes below the 1,200 line, it will likely kill the one-display type of phones on the high-end market. Fuck, can't wait for that moment. 5 years, I'd say. Shit, I haven't been this excited since the first iPhone. Good job, Samsung

Samsung is a liar. Apple already created a folding device.

Attached: t.webm (360x360, 213K)

In addition: just got a boner thinking about an in-display fingerprint scanner, in-display front cameras, foldable 4K AMOLED display on a fast as fuck chip, optimized Android OS for that tech, ~24 GB RAM with 8K 60fps recording capability, graphen battery, all in ~5 years. FUCK

how is this even marginally exciting? look at the difference between the first iphone and the 5th iphone - beyond speed and screen quality, there's not much different. the actual weight and feel of the phone didnt change much. how on earth do you foresee samsung (or any other tech giant) innovating with regard to this product? thinner screen? an actually functional 'phone mode' display? less clunky flip? i really don't see there being any improvements made to this device that would make it something i would pay $500 for, let alone over $1000. give me a samsung s5 over this flip shit any day of the year.

Attached: Blunder.jpg (1920x862, 93K)

Well you're fucking wrong, cunt
It's a tablet with smartphone capabilities
Get it right next time buddy, yeesh

Man, I get you, but when the iPhone launched there was NO COMPETITION at fucking all. 5 years right now is a lot of time, and I can perfectly imagine a big leap where the current aesthetics for phones lay only on the budget, mid-range phones. I might be wrong, of course, but I'd love to have a smartphone+table in my fucking pocket.

Looks like meme tech that'll likely be much better implemented by someone else in 2-3 years, and hit mainstream when Apple does it.

I do like how easy the phone seems to be navigated one-handed in the folded mode though. It looks goofy af but it's probably very nice to use.

I agree though: prices are not going below the thousand mark for a few years with the kind of tech it needs

lol

Attached: file.png (237x22, 2K)

Should have been a inch larger and have a full display when closed

whats the point of internal cameras?

So will the battery end up lasting less than an hour after a year like every other Samsung phone?

xiaomi is working on foldable phone too. i wouldnt be surprised if we have an affordable one in a year.

It has 2 batteries

No one cares about Apple.

>$1700
when my $130 phone can do dual apps, has a jack, 4k video, stereo cameras, amoled and a 3500mah battery

oh fuck thats a boner i have aquired

Galaxy Fold?
Moar like Galaxy Failed amirite?

how long until apple "innovates" this tech in the iPhold for 2x this price and everyone treats it as new and exciting?

Attached: 56dxpvnry9901.jpg (638x336, 32K)

pleb filter
step aside applel poorfags

I wonder who came up with the idea of putting the letter 'i' in small italics in front of every cap shifted word. They must have had an early retirement by now.
>In b4 dead Jobs jokes about being 'retired'

i never realized how sexy eve is...

Attached: 1512512942294.jpg (261x193, 12K)

go away samshitter

Answering my own question.

Ken Segall from Next came up with the name iMac for the next Macintosh computer.

Either that's sarcastic shitposting, or an actual iToddler crying "Simpsons did it" as usual.

That's what she said

Selfies :)

This is getting fucking absurd.
I’m almost convinced there’s some deep state bullshit going on that forces a front facing camera on everything.
The horns were ugly enough, but what the fuck is this asymmetrical monstrosity?

wow who knew a shitty but ubiquitous design from the early 2000's would be the new hip thing?

This is the Note edge of folding phones.

More like GalaxybyFord\

>t. /o/

Attached: 27e10e4bd86e5303d16a004e3d57788d.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1549899713895.jpg (800x432, 40K)

This. We have the technology to do without bezels if you fucks are just too autistic.
>internal phone only exists so that glow-in-the-darks can watch you beat your meat
>sacrifice your desires to comply
sȯy was a mistake

>s-pen, s-pen, s-pen.
this, my dick would fucking explode

get a hold of this cuck

How are cases and screen protectors going to work with this phone?

>$2000 for a non-limited edition phone

Attached: gallery_10_2_136950.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

Even if the fold is fully realised, what purpose does it have on phones?

to keep a tablet in your pocket

So the screen is made out of plastic then or worse something softer? Good luck if you ever get a grain of sand lodged in the fold.

Anyone have any experience using limbo x86 4.0.0 on a modern android smartphone? I tried it out in like 2017 with a moto G4 and tried to install and use windows xp. Took like 6 hours to install and lagged so bad even minimizing and maximizing windows took like 10 seconds to do.

I imagine x86 emulation on a phone as powerful as this could actually be a pretty tolerable experience even with windows 10.

Will it come the day normies realize there are already things called monitors you can use to browse the internet in a big screen or are they going to keep finding retarded ways to make screens bigger until they sell you foldable 24" screens at $6.000?

never seen a monitor that fits in your pocket before

Thats what phones are for, my point is, what is the point of bigger screens? specially if you have to go such lengths such as a fat and awkward as fuck foldable brick? to watch videos on a still tiny screen? just wait until you get home/work and watch it on a proper monitor, 5" is enough to browse instagram and facebook on the go.

>hurr durr im crying about something im not gonna get

you retards make me sick

or have a 7.8" screen in your pocket and watch it without waiting

Sperg.

>Using a laptop or desktop
Virgin freak

>$ 1 9 8 0
Seething droidfag

Attached: 1522277784703.jpg (650x366, 29K)

This is year old idea why everyone excited?

Attached: zte-axon-m-blue-background.jpg (1544x1158, 218K)

because that implementation was garbage

Probably not for most people. Snapdragon 855, 12GB of RAM, and 1TB internal storage isn't something you'll find on most phones right now. This fucker is expensive AF but at least they don't nickle and dime you like apple. I honestly wouldn't buy it even if I could afford it simply because I already have a oneplus 5t but this is cream of the crop at least for now. Oneplus will probably release something better this year.

>hurr durr im crying about people crying about something im not gonna get

Attached: [Farfie] Girls und Panzer - 01 (BD Hi10-1080p AAC)_mkv_snapshot_09_59_[2018_07_28_16_12_07].jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

>being this p o o r

The public wants front cameras for selfies. Good luck selling a phone without a selfie camera.

What "killed" the tablets wasn't their lack of portability, it was the lack of need for their portability. They are dedicated couch/coffee table surfing machines. For everyday carry, phones already go up to 7 inches big, which is plenty enough.

A gay phone for fags.

I may actually buy one, even though it'll probably be like $2.1k with taxes that only represents slightly more than 1 week of pay after taxes for me and I like how think the folded screen is. I'm holding off until it gets into reviewer hands.

>"killed" tablets
??????? tablets are great

That's why I used the quotations, they aren't going anywhere soon, but their market share gave way as phablets got progressively larger screens.

>Not unquestioningly handing over whatever growing number of dollars big daddy corp asks of you every year for a shiny new disposable pocket computer loaded with gimmicks that you don't need
LOL FUCKING LOSERS GET A JOB

Attached: 1540086162876.jpg (393x507, 78K)

How many times can it be folded and unfolded before it starts shitting the bed. When everyone had flip and slide phones, people would cause wear and tear just from having idle hands - me included.

I've got a s9, and with case on, it becomes a bit of a squeeze in some pockets, especially at work when awkward squatting or bending.

I'd love a phone that's the same size as the s9 when open, but folded into a chocolate bar size, or in half horizontally.

I actually work in the foldable display/electronics sector.
Samsung is trying to get away with using LTPS backplanes for this shit which is 1) awful performance 2)very mature 3)not very flexible 4) going to get surpassed by new tech in less than 5 years time.
Samsung are not using this as a profit product, they are creating a market and demand for when the real tech arrives.
At least it doesnt look like that dogshit royale phone.

I like the innovation but the technology isn't quite there yet.

Based black man

phone for reading manga

Why not just have it fold the other way around and shut the other half of the display off when folded?

Attached: 20fa5540f0d5d003a2217d9074a1ef5696720b68052c2113f62f06df770f1926.gif (1080x1080, 504K)

4:3 tablets are better for that

I see demand in everywhere but the smartphone industry

You're correct in that, but someone has to be the one who leads and creates the market/business opportunity for flexible and truly curved displays, and there are maybe only 6 companies in the world with the finances and knowledge to do so.
Jaguar/Boeing/IRL advertisers are all the ultimate user cases.

it's not a phone

Camera lenses on the back. You can't just notch those and it makes sense to have them still be usable when the phone is in fold mode for quick pics

That's also a rear facing camera. Don't sperg out.

Tabs2 is 4:3 and takes calls

why is the front screen so small? it looks like one of those garbage early smartphones of the late 2000s

eat shit and die apple faggot