Is the HP LaserJet 1012, dare I say, /ourprinter/?

Is the HP LaserJet 1012, dare I say, /ourprinter/?

Attached: LaserJet1012.jpg (2820x2256, 704K)

nice ad

>(((HP)))

Chad printer coming through

Attached: B00006AMS4_01_LZZZZZZZ.jpg (500x424, 23K)

>ad
>printer hasn't been sold for over 15 years
Elaborate.

My HP LaserJet 1020 has served me for a VERY long time, because I only print every now and then. I think I've only changed the toner once.
However, I recently went for a HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28w, because I sometimes need a scanner. Carrying documents to work just to scan them sucks ass. However, the toner cartridge for is smaller (1000 pages worth vs 2500 for the old 1020). Fucking shameless.
So now I have two printers. I'll use the 1020 until it breaks down.

>ad
>for ancient printer

> not a brother printer
> not hl1110

never gonna make it

BROTHER is your brother, brother

You could've also just bought an external flatbed scanner you know...

i read in a nerd thread on re***t once that brother is the best printer brand. ever since then, it's only been brother for me

>ink
>chad

>they never refuse to print
>cheap cartridges and refills
>no forensics marking
>fast

I think youre looking for a Laserjet 6P

Attached: 6P_and_MP[1].jpg (480x310, 102K)

Fucking this for any new printer.
I once had to call brother tech support on a portable printer because it would break the Bluetooth connection if the power was unplugged. After talking to the receptionist, I was immediately transferred to their highest tier tech and the guy was at first like wtf why wasn't this already fixed. then said basically turn it off and on after pairing and then you can power it off by pulling the cord from there.
10/10 experience, seriously. I expected pain and suffering.

We had 4 1010s and 1020s in my office

Lasted literally years of being dusted off and banged when paper got stuck, we printed on avarage 250 pages per day (insurance policies)

We now have a M402n that prints about 700 pages daily. The 26x chink catridge last 2 months.

I like the modern version better

Attached: m102w.jpg (3024x4032, 747K)

Does anybody make a stick shaped mono laserjet? like just something i manually feed pages in one at a time even.

i print maybe 10-20 pages a year and usually have to do it at work, wish someone sold a printer i could store in a pencil drawer

Brother HL-1202 (or similar)
I found one in trash, shit still works.

move over bitch, perfect printer coming through

Attached: resize.jpg (706x706, 36K)

>(((HP)))
Literally the worst printer I've ever owned and I'm including an old dot matrix and a shitty Dell ink jet that was thrown in free with a PC.

Best printer your can buy is one of these Brother lasers that look like this that they've been selling for the last decade. Never had any issues with them and toner replacements are cheap (even cheaper if you get 3rd party).

Attached: iu.jpg (1000x887, 48K)

This. Modern HP lasers are trash.

MFC-9340CDW is the best option.

It's compact size is great for the amount of features it has if you do any serious at home printing.

Attached: MFC-9340CDW.jpg (2000x2000, 232K)

actually use this at home hooked up with a parallel port Ethernet adapter.

solid and reliable printer with great print quality

>all these brother shills
>ctrl-f epson
>no results found
Jow Forums sucks nowadays

>Mom buys some HP Envy printer from Costco
>Has touch screen and botnet crap
>Firmware update causes random kernel panic on the printer
>Drivers don't work for Windows but works well for Linux
Printers are bizarre creatures.

What's Jow Forums recommended printer?
>inb4 using paper
I'm looking for something small, compatible with GNU/Linux, preferably wireless.

Attached: __dorothy_princess_principal_game_of_mission_and_etc__sample-61473ff7ebea44187661b127968ec259.jpg (850x1308, 141K)

Seconding this.
Perferably something that can be done over BT as well.
I work in small clinic, and I need to print the prescriptions.

Best printer

>epson
Shoo, poorfag

I just got the cheapest printer Walmart had that uses toner. I think it was a Brother.

This. Along with the 5, they were the last great laser printers. Pirate toner costs nothing, maintenance kit on ebay costs nothing. All user-serviceable.

I think I have one of those that was working when I stopped using it
I tried turning it on not to while ago and it started making some awful mechanical noise inside and I haven't dared to plug it in after that.
I think I need to open it but holy shit it looks like a bitch to clean.
Definitely good tho, it's at least 11 years old

Brother HL-L2365DW. No drivers necessary with any reasonably modern CUPS version. Has WiFi and ethernet. Literally just plug this shit into your network and CUPS will automatically find it via multicast DNS. No configuration needed.

what a good printer I can get on amazon?

Seconding this request

Yes. I’ve had mine for over 15 years. It performs flawlessly to this day. A cartridge lasts a couple years around here.

>hp anything

Connected with a parallel-to-USB adapter to a Raspberry Pi Zero W running a CUPS and Samba server. Runs better than any fucking modern printer.

THIS is the best printer.

Mine is starting to squeak, what do you fellow chads use to lube it? Where would you put it, bearings of the rollers? Or is the squeaking from wearing belts?

>running a CUPS and Samba server
Never got those working on my HP F300 connected to my RPi0W.
How did you do it?

Are you having trouble with the CUPS part or the Samba part? I just followed some tutorials online. CUPS went fine, Samba required some messing with Windows to get the printer working with it. You have to install the drivers on Windows manually. Right now the Samba implementation is kind of a bodge job. I'd like to set it up so Windows can just detect it on the network and the Samba share is serving the driver.

Samsung used to make good printers (Xerox), but cheaper. Now they sold this to (((HP)))

What windows?
Anyway the issue is the CUPS part, Other computers don't detect the printer.
I can print from the RPi0, but not from other devices on the same network.
Also I'm using hplip if it makes a difference.

I think you mispelled the Laserjet P1005.

Daily reminder that if you daily print things that you could normally read on computer you're killing the trees and you should feel bad.