What is the point of a phone like this? why not just get a phone for $200 instead of $1000...

what is the point of a phone like this? why not just get a phone for $200 instead of $1000? it's not like you're gonna need 99% of its features anyway

Attached: samsung-galaxy-s10-hoyle-17.jpg (3500x2333, 489K)

why are you on a tech board if you don't care about the latest tech

no one is asking you to buy it but don't you find the improvements cool?

posted from my samsung galaxy s9

>Cool
That's your reason for buying it? Lol, braindead normie

I agree. I bought Honor 9 and I'm using it only for browsing, WhatsApp and watching my crypto folio. Could have done the same with 100 buck phone.

I'm still using a $100 dollar phone I bought in the summer of 2016. Got my dollar's worth and more.

Don't you dare question Jow Forums or me mindless consumerism ever again

If you have spare money, why not. I don't know what I would spend my money on if I had a 4000$/month salary, for example, like some programmers in USA have. Probably I would buy an expensive shit like this too.

There's literally no reason why they don't just throw in the pen and discontinue the Note.

Not being poor

They could really just get rid of all the low and midrange options. It would probably cut down on e-waste too. If people want cheap phones because they can't afford the latest and greatest then just direct them to the models of yesteryear. EZ.

This. Apple still makes the iPhone 7 and just sells it as an 'entry level iPhone' which I think is probably a better way to go about it than making five gorillion phones that nobody wants

cope peasant

but how else am I going to get the same "spending over $1k on a phone to make me feel rich" high that applefags get without falling to their level and buying an overpriced iphone?

Posting this from my moto g3 running pajeet OS.
Probably getting the S103 in 3-6 months when the price drops.

Attached: 2va204M.jpg (1080x1350, 101K)

>Oneplus One user still
>finally working albeit a dead end job cold calling people
>money for new phone
>actually I just browse websites and i have no friends, no need for fancy finger print tech, video editing on a phone, seamless instagram integration with camera etc
i just save my pay out of fear of being jobless again so i at least have something in the bank to hold me for a period of time if i end up neet again.

The samsung m20 is like $200.

because I am not a poor stinky NEET and can afford luxury goods, my quality of life will not be affected at all even if I bought 3 of these.

if i make 10 times more than you do why shouldn't i have a phone/car/house that costs up to 10 times more?

Is it worth getting an S9 for 350$? I have an LG Stylo 2 which has served me just fine but that deal seems pretty good.

Gotta earn my consulting bonus so I can buy a Fold

Sent from my Pixel 2

If you keep spending money like this on consumer shit you'll eventually go broke.

nice

What are good examples of good cheap phones?

moto Jow Forums

Attached: 1550291013183.jpg (828x943, 533K)

Mi mix 2s

$330, has camera that competes with other flagships, same SD845 chipset

What's the point of 3 different types of the same phone? Why did Samsung fall for the crApple meme?

they're targeting different price brackets and different preferences you neet

No. They are simply copying apple for no reason now. Regular s phone and s+ was working fine before this.

>some guy on 2+2chan thinking he knows better than a giant company

considering most of us around here are 150+ IQ, I think we can trust that user.

ahh i see you're a rick and morty viewer too 8)

I'm going to wait until the s10e is discounted before buying it but it's almost entirely for the oled screen and wireless charging. Two things that are the first to go when you get out of flagship territory.

I had an S7 edge that had been great to me for years. I didn't really see myself upgrading anytime soon even tho it had gotten kinda slow and problematic. It still performed the basic functions I needed. But then I bought a new car and it was abysmal at Android Auto. Lagged out a lot and lost connection a lot. Upgraded to a Pixel 3 and I've been happy with AA. Tho other than being smoother and not as laggy, I don't notice any major improvements. In fact, my S7 had a better display but whatever. As long as I can rely on Waze to get me to and from places I'm happy.

-reserved-

posted from my nexus 5 running AKP

>why are you on a tech board if you don't care about the latest tech
>he actually believes that an incremental improvement to the camera and screen constitute "new tech"
You realize Xiaomi and Huawei have done all the major things about this phone already, right?
Mi Mix 3 doesn't even have a hole.
Consumerist shills like you are the worst. You're always brand loyalty fags.

for poor people like you, there are companies out there that offer barebones phones.

they are called tin cans.

My G1 died last week, RIP

This is what i don't get. Xiaomi solved this a year ago and it was in like a $400 flagship. Everyone else is getting notches and holes, while the cheapest solution has a solid rectangular screen without any camera bullshit and no top bezel.

i own a xiaomi redmi note 5 and it gets the job done but its still shit. bad screen, bad camera, no nfc, list goes on although i appreciate the IR blaster.
What the point of anything? We pursue it because its better. Compared to any chinese shitter, its got a better screen, beautiful design and a lot of luxury features. Im personally very impressed with the s10

Well I like to talk about it but will never buy it :) is cool tech

Ive got about 800 aud to replace my samsung s5, and i have no idea what the fuck to do, fuck buying this expensive shit, or some spywared chinkshit. Is nokia any good?

lg v20
s5, s6
zenfone 3, 4 depending on price

obviously moto g, g pro, redmeme, etc...

honestly take a look at ZTE. i got a phone of theirs for $40 and it really impressed me for what it was / the price. even had SD and headphone jack and removable battery ;)

>why are you on a tech board if you don't buy braindead normie tech

Sometimes I think I'm lucky to be earning more money than most people, but then I read a post like OP's and realize most of populous is just retarded.

Apple and Samsung's target demo (ie. the people who spend 1.5k on a frikkin phone) can't be trusted with moving parts
If people aren't putting cases on their Note 9s or XS Max's then imagine the amount of times they'd be bringing their scuffed phones in for re-servicing per year

lmao maybe you will

Then you probably have the intelligence to avoid phones with botched displays.

>why shouldn't I keep wasting car money on a fucking phone

im just hoping the next iphone isnt as bad

>or some spywared chinkshit.
Ironically Xiaomi is one of the most developer friendly manufacturers, while Samsung almost entire midrange lineup is locked down. S8 and Note 8 don't have any developer support, but the S9 and Note 9 do, be it limited at this point.

Whatever Chang, you're just trying to keep your dad's PLA job putting chips into ready to ship Xiaomi phones a secret

What in the actual fuck are you even talking about?

The chinese government puts hardware backdoors in any manufactured in the country to aid in spying on foreign countries. people who tell you to buy xiaomi or Huawei are commie shills

Jokes on you. I use a dumbphone and for whatever reason, people just give me their old smartphones for free when they buy the newest for themselves every two years.

I love the design. No stupid notch. I will happily replace my S8 with this for sure.

I actually would buy one just for the camera. But there is no way in fuck I will buy something with a clump of dead pixels on it like that selling it as a fucking "feature" cause it got punched out for a fucking selfie camera. Gotta love a giant black spot in the middle of a video, small price to pay incase I want to start taking selfies for the very first time!

Before they had the S, S+, S edge, S edge+. They've actually cut variations, and Apple copied Samsung with the iPhone+.

And your 20 year old Thinkpad and greasy Logitech mouse are the only things that you don't associate with normie tech, I presume?

The mi mix 3's frame is thicker than the case on my S9.

If you have a $4k/month salary as a programmer in the US, you live in an area where an apartment is $2k/month

> No stupid notch
How is the hole punch not worse in every single way? literal only reason I wont buy one.

That's not necessarily true.

In the same boat here, feels pretty good mane.

hide phone threads
ban phone posters
do not reply to phone posts

diminishing returns, but you probably cant grasp that concept.

>If you don't use Apple products, you must be unclean
Imagine being this much of a brand cuck.

I'm a big Huawei fanfag and have been using their stuff for nearly 8-9 years now, but Samsung is starting to tick a lot of boxes lately. I'm still going to wait and see what they're going to do with this year's P and mate series but if I'm not impressed I'll probably switch.

They've really stuck it up the asses of last gen s9 users, with the doubled RAM and whatnot, when even mid tier phones in 2018 were running on 6gb. Never trust gooks to give you your money's worth user, only now they dominate the smartphone industry

>different price brackets
>all within $250 of each other
>cheapest one is $750
Nice meme, they really are copying Apple

Means it doesn't shatter the moment it hits the ground. My mix 2 has hit the pavement dozens of times no breaky, in a thin case

Yeah that's fine, but it's not exactly bezeless.

>The chinese government puts hardware backdoors in any manufactured in the country to aid in spying on foreign countries.
I'm sure you'll have a source for this.
>people who tell you to buy xiaomi or Huawei are commie shills
Oh, alright, you don't need a source, since this is your brain on Jow Forums. Just stay there next time.

Lel just look up the dimensions for both. They are the same thickness. You don't know what your talking about.

Good choice my boi. Also works in burgerland

Why is the SD card slot dieing. It makes me really sad. I like to have my entire music library with me because I despise streaming shit.

I make 10k a month and pay no taxes and my rent is $700. I just keep investing it. It's hard to figure out how to spend it.

At least it's not dying in Samsung's flagships.

>tfw slav
>most of the population is either using mid range samsung or huawei phones

they're for poorfags like us

poco (unless burger)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)