Oberon OS

What is Jow Forums's opinion on the Oberon System?

I heard once it's like the last frontier for hackers...

Attached: RISCOberon.jpg (1561x894, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ethoberon.ethz.ch/
projectoberon.com/
ethoberon.ethz.ch/WirthPubl/ProjectOberon.pdf
youtube.com/channel/UCw6NbzmjW-wLvqVbxOXj7Ug/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd
ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/OCP/Downloads
sourceforge.net/projects/a2oberon/
inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/Oberon/Oberon07.Report.pdf
ssw.jku.at/Research/Books/Oberon2.pdf
inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/ProgInOberonWR.pdf
indico.ihep.ac.cn/event/2813/session/3/contribution/38/material/slides/2.pdf
oberon.ch/BlackBox.html
excelsior-usa.com/xds.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EXY78gPMvl0
eptacom.net/pubblicazioni/pub_eng/wirth.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump
I am monitoring this thread.

Good luck, Oberon is too much for Jow Forums

Attached: scaled_full_30cb5fb8eaed93d44256.png (640x480, 470K)

Looks like. I've only heard of it, but am interested.

What does it actually do? I only know of it because acme's interface was based on it

ethoberon.ethz.ch/
projectoberon.com/

ethoberon.ethz.ch/WirthPubl/ProjectOberon.pdf

based off Xerox cedar.
simplified.

a different way of doing an OS.
this guy goes through install etc youtube.com/channel/UCw6NbzmjW-wLvqVbxOXj7Ug/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd

I only know it had a cool font I like a lot but never managed to convert

a2 bluebottle
ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/OCP/Downloads
sourceforge.net/projects/a2oberon/

language report
inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/Oberon/Oberon07.Report.pdf

programming in oberon-2
ssw.jku.at/Research/Books/Oberon2.pdf

programming in oberon
inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/ProgInOberonWR.pdf

indico.ihep.ac.cn/event/2813/session/3/contribution/38/material/slides/2.pdf

blackbox component pascal
oberon.ch/BlackBox.html

modula-2/oberon-2 compiler and ide
excelsior-usa.com/xds.html

>video titled "how to connect a USB drive"
>30 minutes long
Yeah its gonna be a no for me senpai

Finally, something interesting on Jow Forums. THanks for sharing op. I found a video that goes into its background. youtube.com/watch?v=EXY78gPMvl0

I haven't watched it yet, but he's probably talking about drivers? Seems important.

You don't have what it takes.

why would the operating system you use affect your ability to hack? If you have an ethernet port you can throw a fuckin exploit

Somebody throw this bum out of here.

Holy fuck, why is boomer technology is so comfy?

no more drinks for you tonight

(You)
(You)

Does Oberon have a lead developer we can literally meme to death now we all done tinkering with temple ?

Attached: 1473175069072.jpg (600x394, 78K)

I haven't used the OS, but Oberon is a well-designed, if spartan, programming language. Wirthian languages are generally much better than C-derived ones. They are designed from the ground up to be simple, but also practical. Writing an Oberon-0 compiler is a good introduction to compilers. However, Oberon is not very practical to write Un*x applications in today. You're better off with language inspired by Wirth's languages, such a Free Pascal and Ada 2012.

I think Wirth is the kind of figure Jow Forums would appreciate if it knew more about him. This interview gives you an idea of his mindset.
eptacom.net/pubblicazioni/pub_eng/wirth.html
>The wealth of features of many languages is indeed a problem rather than a solution. A multitude of features is another consequence of the programmers' belief that the value of a language is proportional to the quantity of its features and facilities, bells and whistles. However, we know that it is better if each basic concept is represented by a single, designated language construct. Not only does this reduce the effort of learning, but it reduces the volume of the language's description and thereby the possibilities of inconsistency and of misunderstanding. Keeping a language as simple and as regular as possible has always been a guideline in my work; the description of Pascal took some 50 pages, that of Modula 40, and Oberon's a mere 16 pages. This I still consider to have been genuine progress.

wirth creator Pascal, turing award and write beautiful intro to programming call algortihms + data structures = programs, I found rare Jow Forums don't meme him and John McCarthy (Lisp creator).

>Oberon
why no point and click means too much?

his languages grew smaller over time and feature reduced, yet built a compiler and an OS with... 2 in fact. a modula-2 based os for his lilith workstation and then oberon system for ceres. Also built both workstations from scratch.

3 button mouse.
you can highlight shit and click in another window and copy it over.

you can also click in the window first then highlight from another window, then copy over.

>Jow Forums memeing oop cancer freaks
hello summer