Does hacktivism even happen anymore?

Does hacktivism even happen anymore?

Attached: 198979.jpg (2560x1600, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/tech/security/hackers-take-down-thousands-dark-web-sites-post-private-data-n717556
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gamers rise up

They made it a felony to ddos people, so no.

Pretty sure it was a low.level felony before...all the people who were caught had clean records and did a couple.years at most.

No. The political impact of putting a guy fawkes mask on a website is about zero

I guess i mean more things like.the DNC email phish hack, whether it was the russians or not

No because too much of "Anonymous" is infected with libshits and "fuck drumpf" faggots. Hacking for the sake of some "morally righteous" political worldview will only see you become the monster or part of the problem. The moment you do something because its "us good guys" vs "thoe evil people", that's the moment you lost. Fuck self-righteousness, fuck moral grandstanding, fuck all of it.

If you black hat, black hat for fun and profit, anything else and you should blow your head off with a double-barrel.

gaymers grow up

Yes, it's called Cyber Attacks now

It was always a retarded normalfag meme. Get the fuck out of here with that trash.

This. I remember when this sort of stuff was for trolling, just to piss people off. Like GNAA and goatse, and lemonparty and all that dumb shock shit. Anyone dragging politics into it except to laugh at retards is a moralfag. If these queers were on life support I would unplug them to charge my ThinkPad.

Attached: 1550655946955.gif (607x609, 754K)

No, so lets eat the rich.

it never did

Actually it did, Gold age of hacktivism was again Scientology imo.

trigger the libs, own the libs
>gamergate 2.0

;U done goofed kid
nbcnews.com/tech/security/hackers-take-down-thousands-dark-web-sites-post-private-data-n717556

"Hacktivism" has always been leftist shit, now that leftism has gone too far most have quit.

now its alt-right shit like gamergate

What the fuck is gamergate?

google it and prepare to be amazed

No way that shit is real. It's got to be a prank.

i wish it was a prank

Game journalism is and was completely fucked

No. These kids evolved into either deadbeat vigilantes on the internet or anarco communists. It's sad and pathetic.

>Game journalism
don't make me laugh
"game journalism" isn't real, it's a marketing outlet
it's fucking video games not something that actually matters

Gamergate as an event was fucked all possible ways. As a movement, there was nothing established and 33 different goals. That's why it was such a dumb thing.

It did have an effect though on the pockets of many SJWs and anti-SJWs. Ones by acting like victims, others by pure non-stop mockery, a lot of cash and many fucking buffoons who know nothing about politics trying to get into politics.

Oh, and a lot of misinformation around, of course. "It's about eeethics" "it's about hurting waaahmen"

I used to browse 7chan's /i/ as well as another one, cant remember if it was 711 or 420's, well either way the point is that there were no hacktivists; we were all just skiddies with things like Gigaloader, LoIC, and got overly excited when we found exploitable mysql on some dumbfuck's forum or blog, Another element was faggots just dropping in to post dox on girls from their lives and requesting really norm level PA shit.

Looking back on it all, Jow Forums probably has done more by now.

It's a perspective thing really. There are dozens of genres just like movies or books, so some of them might be slightly influential as a medium. That said, it's overexaggerated and both games journos and gamers alike have a tendency to point their finger at stupid shit they can easily ignore and say "how could you include this in the game you ignorant evil nazi commie, my children will be mysoginists, or cock loving faggots, or drumpf supporters, or soros puppets, come on!"

I don't consider it a perspective, game journalists exist to sell games, they probably think they don't but they do, that's the only reason they get review copies
The fact that anyone cares about "game journalism" at all is beyond pathetic

Or to stop games from being sold.

>It was always a retarded normalfag meme.
Hello zoomer

the instant they're bad for your sales is the instant they stop reviewing review copies, previews and interviews
you have a childish understanding of the world if you think promotional press is journalism

You can see it for yourself, I don't need to make a point about it.

If with "hacktivism" you mean "le epic anonymoos ddos", it's dead and you should go back to r*ddit. Otherwise, see:
pastebin.com cRYvK4jb
pastebin.com 0SNSvyjJ
Fuck the spam filter.