Apple is literally finished

Apple is literally finished.

Attached: 1541363386629.gif (500x281, 959K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fYPoJZk8RlE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The presentation was seriously cringe and shit.
Should've just done a straight up 60-second ad-style reveal with that in it, THEN talk about it. Instead they blow the surprise with the fucking name. Yeah, everyone knew it was coming, but it was never 100% confirmed and there were no prototype leaks.

FINISHED

> drop
> break 3 screens

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1541947334563.gif (540x540, 279K)

I don't get the point of it.

snApple on swuicid w4tch(tm)

EXACTLY!

this is unironically the future. if you can't see it, you don't belong to Jow Forums

Truth. Modular shit is the future of portable computers-phones/tech

>that tiny ass front screen

Attached: 1421992526537.png (203x321, 105K)

There are no points to get, it has all rounded corners

Honestly, if I'm going to spend $1800 just to watch netflix, text, and make phone calls, I'd rather by a flat screen for $1000, an extremely nice rig for torrenting and regular use (around $700), and a $100 dollar phone. Who tf watches netflix? and who does it on a tablet? Cringe.

The Tv is 100% uneccessary too... This just isn't worth it. Almost 2k for a phone??? Yikes.

f-finished

Attached: 01.-Galaxy-Watch-Active-Fit-Buds.jpg (4000x2250, 1.32M)

Shit aspect ratio.

ANDNOTCHES BTFO

Attached: ahahaha.gif (500x491, 376K)

cringe and bluepilled

based

Chocolate bar sized phones that unfold to 5-6 inch screens will be every phone in 3 years.

The fuck it is.
>all they had to do is create a razor form factor phone with the technology.
They made a thing that folds in half for no real reason other than to show that it can fold in half.

It was revealed a while ago nigga

Bigger screen, smaller package. For people who like all that screen, but hate not being able to not put it in their pockets.

>no reason
see

The Triptych one is better. Extended is too square.

I hope not. Too big, too thick.

BASED
UNBASED

Ouch

I literally can't wait for Apply to invent foldable phones three years from now.

>Apply
*Apple

>too thick.
Obviously their phone shape will be at least twice as thick as their tablet configuration.

This got old quick

The fold is so thick because it has 2 phone sized batteries, a smaller screen could have thinner batteries, but I'd still rather have a mars bar shaped phone sitting in my pocket I could answer calls on and text on with a 2 inch wide screen or whatever.

this would be cooler if advertised as a tablet that folds down to a phone, not a phone that folds out to a tablet

By default the tablet view is fullscreen and looks good.
By default the phone view has massive fucking black borders and looks autistic

>like a tablet
>unlike any tablet
>the samsung :tm: true phablet, lightness strikes twice

This is the most autistic meme phone yet. I can't believe they are charging fucking 1800 for this shit.

Who's going to buy this shit

Definitely no one on Jow Forums.

>Apple keeps releasing smaller and more packed devices than ever (Watch, Airpods)
>Samsung releases this monstrosity and calls it a future
lmao

Attached: 1550734482786.gif (480x270, 2.87M)

>rounded corners
>corner notch
>obsolete aspect ratio
Disguisting

Explain to me how this changes anything? How is this going to beat Apple

lmao andjeets are shilling so deseperately for this utter crap, weither its apple or samshit this device does not have future. nobody's gonna buy that crap.

based

Actually a good reason.
I always thought it was just some dumb useless gimmick.

That front screen is going to sink your product.

And Nokia Communicator finished all the smartphones, oh wait it didn't.

Honestly, the concept has potential. The phone mode needs to reach the size of a normal phone, the tablet mode that of a normal tablet, battery life needs to be good and the price has to go down.
But not having to carry around a phone and tablet (at least for people that actually use one) is a good thing.

>The fold is so thick because it has 2 phone sized batteries
They could attach two thin bezel-less phones with a hinge and make a better result.

but that's what they did

the problem is nobody uses tablets

That's what I thought too, but I see lots of students everyday that use them.

this folding meme is getting out of hand. I do not understand the appeal. I like small phones and find tablets too big and dumb to use.

Well its the functionality of your phone + more
Why wouldn't you get one if you could afford it?

>clutch purse

How long do you wager it takes before the screen shows visible damage on the fold?

>making a phone that's impossible to make a case for
It's brilliant really. I'll wait for the third generation when it's not 2 grand.

It's new tech. Just wait for the tech to advance and get cheaper. Remember when flat screens were thousands of dollars for 720p?

This unironically. Normalfags will claim apple did it better because it has brushed metal.

a dual screen doesn't solve any real world issues.
I can read a map on a 5-6" screen phone just fine, thanks.

Am I the only one that wants phones thicker if it means I can get week long charge times again? I'm tired of the tiny form factor at the expense of battery life.

the video is obvious CGI, the red line should show the mechanical bearing that connects the two mini-screens. Are samsung a fucking geniuses that invented super-flexible screens? or just put CGI in the non-functional prototype

Attached: samsung_fold.jpg (1366x768, 120K)

They already make a curved screen. It's likely just two detached screens that sort of fold into one another with a joint hidden behind that fold. When joined they make a smooth seem.

what's the fucking point of that fucking giant corner notch
just place one good set of cameras above the tiny outer screen and
>phone folded - selfie
>phone unfolded - normal pic
and that's it

Attached: whutllama.gif (135x120, 357K)

USB-C was the future, it´s the definition of "Jack of all trades, master of none": you can charge devices and show video/audio (HDMI style) but nobody uses USB-C. Now foldable devices are "the future" but again dont solve any issues.

>nobody uses USB-C.
Weak bait, but here's a (you).

>camera

Attached: be72e24f0ecab9cd41978e51ed70e9725b78700f26dbefdf46f21a64489aaa5e.gif (2000x1700, 766K)

>mfw I'm black

Attached: 1538092328130.jpg (558x640, 118K)

delete this you fucking nigger

This meme phone will surely be the end of apple

based and foldpilled

This
You can see the screen having a dividing line when folding it open then the CG kicks in when the screen comes on
In reality people are going to be opening it and it's going to be a dual screen
You will also have that one guy with a dirty screen that closes it with sand or something on it and scratches the shit out of the screen

>make a flexible case out of rubber
nothing personnel kiddo

based

>front screen is super small with enormous bezels
>in tablet mode they were so afraid of single bezel that they went for ugly notch in the corner
holy fuck who was in charge of this design

nigger

If you're going to sit down and play a game or something why would you care about the front screen?
Its there so you can pick the phone with one hand and answer a call or like drive a car while holding it up on 1 hand watching a map.

Attached: 1480286984294.png (500x560, 16K)

apple was waiting for this because now they can end the mac and make everything ios

Until you realise that no app or OS is designed for three folding screens. Tablets had been around for fucking years before the surface and yet M$ still has a shitty, unusable GUI. It's a fad user, it'll die.

>teeny front screen
>folds out into some weird out of spec ratio that appears to be a bitch to hold

oh yeah sure this shit isn't entirely impractical at all, roll up screens are the future not this garbage, just pull a second screen out from the top or side to expand the length not this unwieldy mess.

Give it back Tyrone

based

if you want something bigger, then just flip it open dumbass.

>the amount fo fucking effort that goes into unfolding that shit
baka

$10k for a 40" Plasma.

cringe

based

That's the stuff.

Attached: B0B63D260B8F47F08931EB286EABD8DB.png (1136x640, 563K)

word

Attached: slide.jpg (920x516, 89K)

If only it didn't cost twice as much as an iPhone X

You'd need some kind of complicated mechanical hinge or have one of the screens slide towards the other. Shit isn't exactly easy to do in a phone form factor.

cringe

For what purpose

Have you never picked up a glass screen protector? it bends to a radius with no damage. Not sure if you're bait, probably are, but the thing to understand is all that is needed is bend to a radius and "fold" is really misuse of the word. In other words the screen doesn't fold but it is flexible enough the device can.

>Flexing components
>3x more surface scratch areas
>Hinge guaranteed to snap easily
>Third party repairs will be near impossible as the average Pajeet cannot fix it

Attached: 00.jpg (1002x857, 67K)

>phones getting thinner and thinner
>remove external storage
>remove headphone jacks
>muh courage
>suddenly, phones are thick again
>able to fit everything that got pulled
>literally no excuse to exclude them
>no external storage
>no headphone jack
What the fuck Samsung

Its absolutely a game changer that will have resounding effects on the industry. Other companies are going to be rushing to clone the tech, just wait.
Suddenly having the physical space to mount tablet-sized screens and levels of internals is such a fundamental departure from traditional mobile expectations that I'd even say its probably going to be considered a milestone in phone tech in the same way the original iphone changed the industry.

The price is ridiculous naturally, since they are exploiting early adopters--but that doesn't change how big this is. Isn't it only like Xiaomi or some shit that are also working on flexible displays? Samsung is going to be dominant in these for a while and get at least a generation or two without major competition outside of China at least. Prices won't be falling any time soon.

Attached: 1529359447141.jpg (396x417, 16K)

Well it is new tech and the #1 product of its kind

>6 hour battery

1 gen until China steals it

cringe

You just have small hands.

China numba wan
youtube.com/watch?v=fYPoJZk8RlE