Choose Your Operating System

Do people still dual-boot? Haven't seen it discussed lately. And what about triple-boot?

Attached: IMG_49.jpg (452x319, 38K)

You can, but frankly I suggest to keep the uncontrollable gaymen / adobeshit botnet separate. From your Linux or BSD main machine, NAS/other servers and such.

Alternatively, put the botnet in a VM under Linux/BSD and isolate it as much as possible.

I really wouldn't see why you wouldn't dual boot if you have the space for it / you don't have Jow Forums-tier autism regarding MS or Apple.

Best of all worlds as far as software compatibility goes. Unless you really care about 5 seconds of added boot time I actually am curious why someone wouldn't dual boot, actually.

Attached: FoucaultVsPeterson.png (1217x681, 537K)

I dual boot win 10 ltsb and arch. I do some desinger and audio shit on windows and programing on arch

I'm 'dual-booting' Gentoo and winshit10. I'm forced to because of my work. I run them in different HDDs though.

I do since 2015. Manjaro and Win10 for games. It takes 20 sec to restart so not that bad.

Windows 10 and Kali

I'm a fucking moron how do I dual boot Win 7 and Linux on my Thinkpad

Install Windows.
In windows, resize partition so you have free space.
Install Ubuntu or something and choose manual partition setup.
If you want a distro that doesn't make this easy, use Ubuntu to set the partitions up correctly and then use whatever.

I don't understand the dual booting meme. Everyone at work had problems with the internet connection going away and having to reconnect manually on linux after switching from windows. At home I have it even worse. When I use windows and go back to Linux my connection becomes super slow and keeps disconnection until I turn off the computer, plugg of my wifi to lan adapter and reset the rooter. sometimes I have to repeat the procedure multiple times.

Not worth using windows at all like that

I triple boot W10, KDE neon and Ubuntu. But only because im still configuring my minimal ubuntu install

my laptop came with win 10 preinstalled and i have some music software that runs better on windows so i installed Debian Stretch in dual boot when i finally got around to it. haven't logged in to my windows account in months though.

Fot me only the timezone fucks up when I switch. It corrects itself after a while so I don't even pay attention.

I'm currently dual-booting Ubuntu (technically Kubuntu now) and Windows 10 because I might need the W10 install for something. I haven't booted into it for almost a year now.

virtualization is superior because you dont have to reboot at all and you can also use virtualization to isolate resources i.e. run a windows guest under a linux vm so that windows cant access your mic+webcam no matter how hard it tries

Dual boot gives you full native speed without anything to configure aside partitioning your ssd.
Just don't put personal files in the windows partition. You only run windows to play games and switch back to Linux for anything else.
Doesn't really work if you game all day though.

I dual boot macOS and Windows on my 2015 MacBook Pro.

Why, you can run Kali from W10.

Dont resize partitions. It usually refuses to work. Create partitions BEFORE the install.

You can resize system partitions with WinPE based tools just fine.

>dicking around with partitions and bootloaders

do you guys not have more that 1 disk?

Attached: L3XRD.jpg (620x289, 42K)

No, my ultrabook can't really physically hold another one. Not that a NEET would know.

Dual boot is fine but virtualization is as good as native these days. It's really close so why bother.

I have three computers instead.

arch+win10
I split the SSD to hold the system files of each OS, while my personal files are shared in the HDD

I penta-boot, bunsenlabs, arch, and Gentoo, as well as hackintosh and windows.

Attached: giphy.gif (250x250, 214K)

I used to have Grub bootloader and triple booted windows 7, Debian, and Qubes

dualboot is for the weak.
> 'muh games
install gentoo, faggot

used to dual boot linux/windows on my laptop and desktop in the past. hardware is so cheap now that I have a separate dedicated linux box, and can also efficiently wine shit when I need to. don't see any real need for dual pooping. more inconvenient to boot out of something than to have two separate machines.

i dont see why someone would triple boot unless they have a hacktintosh, windows and linux on PC.

But otherwise,dual booting is the best of both world.

Dual boot?
People still do that?
I either run VM, or swap the SSD.