Why do you prefer anonymous Jow Forums posting over social media connected to your identity?

Why do you prefer anonymous Jow Forums posting over social media connected to your identity?

Attached: 15302173623840.jpg (650x910, 32K)

I prefer social media except I have no friends.

Attached: 1550523691854.gif (487x560, 898K)

you just killed a thread for no reason OP

I'm not comfortable that the popular infrastructure for non-anonymouse communication with frends and family and coworkers is undistilled botnet, I also live in a country where discussing Jow Forumsshit can get you thrown in jail or psychiatric hospital (seen that one play out with a political activist I know), so I'm not sure how my chat or post history may affect things one day. Cannot ask mommy to pay for Matrix homeserver expenses right now. Also the facebookskypeconversations get lengthy and mindnumbing, especially with more desperate autists myself who cannot get shit together, and having to check for chat notifications/upcummies is sort of anxious.
When I'm nearby, I occasionally call and arrange meetings with the few people I care about IRL, although currently being in borderline solitude residing in rural area and learning "coding".

People get their apartments raided for being a bit too edgy on Twitter and Faceberg. I prefer not having to deal with that shit.

Attached: einsatz.jpg (648x365, 35K)

Because I can say politically incorrect stuff without ruining my life.

Because I want to discuss problems and ideas without all the unnecessary social stuff. Normies focus on secondary aspects that influence their opinion
> I like op or I don't,
>the post is too smart I'll call op a nerd or tell op that they're too serious, >normies check post count forums reputation etc for validity.

No offense but being a social normalfag means you have 90-100iq, above that you only act your part, not actually think like a normie.

i don't think anyone should be silenced, even if they say stupid shit

see I don't WANT to have friends

When I post something on Jow Forums, only the content of my post counts and people reply to my post, not to my person.

Nigger, fag, chink, cracker

You know how in real life, people can't just scrub through decades of your speech transcripts to find dirt on you to attack you with?
You say something and it's gone in the wind.
That's what being user is like.

Because the internet told me not to post any of my irl info online!!! >:(

Because I've been funposting here since 2004 and it's where I live.

Attached: 137.jpg (433x480, 140K)

shut the fuck up you ugly shithead

>Why do you prefer to speak your mind freely rather than risk ruining your entire life over a poorly worded post?
Gee, I don't know

I actually have nothing much against multi identity "social media" like mastodon or pleroma where you also mostly hang with people you want to hang out with and do things you want to do. People can talk to you again, but no one knows where else you also talk.

Regular personally identifiable social media are a plague, it's a constant pointless self-promotion circle jerk.

Based boomer internet.

Because I like to have conversations on a particular topic and normies don't understand how to do that without injecting themselves into it and eventually turning the conversation away form a discussion on the topic and toward themselves and what Kim from the office said about their kids.

Idk it's just what im used to

Because with the uncensored sincerity that comes with the reputational protection of anonymity, people are more genuine, honest, and open with each other in discussion. (and also more stupid, boisterous, beligerent, and offensive, but those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither)

On IRL identity-linked social media (I say IRL from old-internet times when the internet wasn't reality because no one put their entire real life and information on it jesus christ what are you doing new generations why can't you see the marketers guiding you by the muzzle oh yeah it's because-) everyone is a fucking NPC, since their real identities and reputations are on the line for all the public to see, every single thing they say or do can put them at social risk (since it's like a big high school where if someone disapproves of you the entire fucking world finds out why in 10 seconds), which means that to keep themselves safe while socializing, everyone has to say, do, and think the same things for approval, or risk exile (or even worse punishments).

Despite what normies like to think, the appeal of Jow Forums isn't just about being able to drop N-bombs.

Old internet
>Don't worry, I've got your back, but only this far! Before you do any shit, keep yourself safe and keep all your info private because this is literally a big fucking playground where everyone good or bad from around the world can walk right in and make/take whatever. The internet can't be treated like real life because of all the invisible, unseen shit that can fuck with you!

New internet:
>Don't worry, I've got your back, just give me all your real, verified personal information. I'll automatically barge right in once you open the door and get access to all your personal conversations, messages, documents, financial and medical records, and share it with all my friends so that we can track you wherever you go and manipulate your consumption and decisions to benefit us. But only in good ways! You can trust me because the internet is an extension of real-life, and it's illegal to do bad things in real life. Besides, do you see anything bad going on? Didn't think so!

i am newfag in Jow Forums(nel) and i actually like anonymity in here and i agree with this user .

also i like many boards like /o/ , /ck/ , /out/ and Jow Forums . i learn a lot from lurking in each board.

(main reason is stealing memes and shit cuz why not)

At this point, the idea of posting ANYTHING with my actual name next to it seems jarring and horrifying to me.
Psyudonyms aren't nearly as bad, but the longer I post with it, the more I have to watch what I write, because now I have a post history and people can just scrutinize it and make fun of me for what I wrote 5 years ago, it's why I stopped tripfagging.

freedom of speech faggot, and not being judged by someone searching your post history unless you got (You's)

>people are more genuine, honest, and open with each other in discussion
only in some ways
in other ways they're alot less geniune, because you can roleplay to b whoever you want and hide your flaws

you're criticized on what you say instead of who you are, your skin color etc.
more freedom of speech
some nigger faggot can't just use what I write out of context to fuck my shit up
not looking to have 6 gorillion friends on faceberg or a shit ton followers on instagram
why would you even put your name together with any data on the internet for anyone to see?

Jow Forums: get judged by that only post
non anonemoose sites: get judged by your "career profile" (I head certain reddo subs ban your from posting there if you have a high karma or whatever in other subs their mods don't like) or get called a fucking pussy if you hide your profile

>you're not free to be yourself on social media
going on social media is like interacting with people irl. you have to behave and act a certain way to follow the social protocol. i don't need an digital extension of my irl life.

i go online because i can say what i want be free to say or express anything i want, no matter how insensitive, racist & fucking stupid it is, without worrying that a rabid bunch of blubbering vaginas is gonna get offended and start a lynchmob.

Yea and that's the reason i hate tripfags so much. No one cares who you are.

I have had many negative experiences with posting on other social media sites either from personal character, downright to not being in touch with whats considered normal. I feel I can express myself freely on this site without worrying too much about my own personal identity. I just feel like a social outcast whenever I browse/post on my normie facebook account.

faggot

Social media has the following problem. You have to post in a way that is acceptable to your employer, potential future employers, coworkers, your friends, your family, the general public, and randos from highscool. This is not natural. The way I talk to my friends is not the same way I talk to my family, is not the same way I talk to my boss, is not the same way I talk in a job interview, is not the same way I talk on Jow Forums. That is not being twofaced that is just human nature, and Social media goes against this nature and that is why it is such a shitshow. I don't want consequences for every little thing I say, even when discussing the mundane, like a sports game or hardware launch or anime/vidya.

because im an autistic Jow Forumsentoo fuck

google plus had the nice idea of keeping different people in your life in separate circles, you could make posts visible only to those circles you choose, eg. regular friends, nerd friends, coworkers, family, etc.

but i'm sure you just shat on it, now it's gone

whatsapp also has this feature, but surprsingly for facebook, is not google tier spying on me.

we can discuss things and be corrected without fear of being looked as stupid

A few reasons
>actually okay moderation
4chans mods follow the rules pretty strictly most of the time, on top of that the rules are pretty relaxed which allow people to interact freely without limiting what they say
>Anonymity
It ties into the first point since people are anonymous they won't self censor, the anonymity also stops people from having a sense of personal identity and do things for attention etc. Hard to explain but its the way tripfags behave
>Having a persona/profile on social media
This ties into the tripfag behaviour, since people have a persona on social media for everyone to view they very often turn to group think and virtue signalling since the whole thing becomes and echo chamber. The like system also makes people become attention whores

Ontop of that the flow of image boards is just comfy

Attached: 1548058958971468.jpg (1746x2328, 1.77M)

Hol up
Do I have an identity?

Yes, ofcourse Anonymous.

I like imageboard culture and anonymous posting is great because it hides egos. I don't give a fuck what billions of strangers think about me, at least here there's some commonality.

I never used anything else, Jow Forums was my first then came IRC, I never used fakebook and have no idea how it's like.

Because I remember when posting anonymous or using a handle was the norm and social media barely existed.

shit here is way more interesting, seems like the ideal environment for ADHD spergs like me

I can't stand normalfags.

No karma whoring.

>why do you prefer anonymous posting

Because I like having a job

Less repercussions for saying something that might not be seen as favorable 10 years later.

How times change. I wish that was still how people worked, now everyone actively tries to expose as much of their information as they can.

I don't want to have all I post connected to an "identity", it's the only way I can post stuff without feeling socially anxious and I don't have to go around deleting my old posts or pestering forum mods to delete my posts because I don't like what I posted.
Of course mods can track my "identity" because of my IP but regular users can't unless I tripfag or post photos of stuff that can be connected to other times I've posted photos of that stuff.

Also this

Because I get drunk and don't want those ramblings to be attached to my real name.

too bad they were all visible to g((()))gle

>content matters
>less trackability
>more privacy
>freedom of speech
>less attention whores
Despite the internet becoming a place where everything is behind multiple layers of irony, here people are still more honest than the average.

>I don't want to have all I post connected to an "identity"
>Of course mods can track my "identity" because of my IP but regular users can't unless I tripfag
so would you be okay with using a traditional style forum that requires an account, but does not have a profile page and where all users posts follow the same format as Jow Forums, labeled anonymous, unless otherwise specified when posting?

Bad experiences with social media. Withdrawed from all the bullshit, deleted all of it, and ended up with Jow Forums.

I guess I'd be okay with that, don't know if I'd use it since I rarely use forums these days but it does eliminate one of the biggest things that bugs me about accounts.

Jow Forums isn't anonymous. Your identity is just not revealed to the users.

I realized I don't really give a shit about someones personal identity/life, just like people probably dont care about mine

I'd rather not hear about the useless ego boosting personal stuff and just get straight to discussing the topic, sadly even trips infringe on that stuff sometimes. I've just begun forcing everyone anonymous in 4chanx

Attached: giko2.gif (32x32, 269)

"anonymous"

I don't want to get bullied by the mob.

nobody gives a shit what you got to say unless you say you'll rape a baby or something.
you can be silenced on an imageboard.
/thread

Good post

Because when you have identity, people judge you by your identity, not your posts, and that's a bad thing by both ways.
When people love you, you can do all sorts of crappy posts and they will be great posts, when people hate you, all your posts are bad.
Your growth gets stunted.
Jow Forums is not perfect either, as there are those virtual characters people use to judge you on, but it's not as strict.

>nobody gives a shit what you got to say unless you say you'll rape a baby or something.
Are you retarded? People's apartments being raided and people being arrested for hatespeech after a social media post happens pretty regularly where I live.

Are you a brit?

lol where do you live in?

Besides the given China and Russia, this regularly happens Britain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, and I believe Australia has had a few instances of raiding and arresting people for saying mean things on social media.

In fact if I remember right, British police arrested more people for "hate speech" than they did actual violent crimes in the last year or two.

Do not misunderstand - the US is headed there too. It's just behind the curve. And of course, never forget... who is doing this.

Attached: 1533609723500.jpg (710x532, 52K)

No, my country lost a war and now we have a constitutions that was implemented by the allied forces and completely rapes our free speech.

is it harder to fill captcha when youre drunk?

Based German user

More focus on the content of the message rather than who is saying the message

>identity
>social media
Choose only one

Japan, Germany or Italy?

Attached: 1494352584383.jpg (678x708, 90K)

Fick die Polizei.

Proposition 187

Goy media is cancer.