What will happen to tablets?

Foldable phones seem to be the future. And they are basically just better, more convenient tablets.
They already lost some space when phones got more powerful, then when laptops allowed touchscreen and "tablet" mode.
Basically we're seeing the beginning ot the end.

Attached: ipad-pro-12-select-wifi-spacegray-201810_FMT_WHH.jpg (1945x2000, 738K)

Don't see the point of either, honestly. Phone for doing shit quickly on the go, laptop/tower for productivity. Tablets don't have the convenience of phones, nor do they have the ease of productivity of a laptop unless you're gonna pack shit like a mouse/keyboard in with it (at which point, just get a laptop).

Tabs are going to have lower processor speeds than phones and will be used for hands-free smarthome and AI assistant shenanigans for housewives to watch youtube/weather channel or order shit while in the kitchen

>housewives
>in the future
are you a sexist nazi bigot?

>Basically we're seeing the beginning ot the end.
Good.
Tablets are useless. Always have been.
They're basically "laptops without keyboards", whose only real use is that you can hold it as a flat surface in the same way you might hold a notebook or board, which offers some "comfort-oriented" usage, but means that tablets are useless outside of very tiny usecases, and two-in-one laptops have basically gobbled up what little there was of that niche, thanks to the fact that they're actually useful, and not just something you give to your kids to break.

Foldable phones?
The only "problem" they solve is that sometimes you want a bigger screen on a device you can still fit in your pocket. It has potentially huge market potential, but I doubt consumers will want to buy something that'll come out to be so much more expensive, for a gimmick-y feature like that.
Then again, the smartphone market is run on gimmicks, so can't be sure whether or not this will catch on.

But tablets are on their way out anyways.

i'm not a nazi

I think foldable phones are another good step to making most standalone computers useless. Imagine, when folded out and connected to a display, the screen could turn into a keyboard + touchpad. Not /comfy/ but manageable for most casual users IMO.

Tablets are basically already becoming fixed devices. You mount one on your wall to control devices in your house.

The correct question is what will happen to laptops?
Laptops are slowly turning into tablets.

>What will happen to tablets?
>Foldable tablets seem to be the future. And they are basically just better, more convenient tablets.

Attached: 1548327805931.jpg (1024x762, 144K)

>foldable meme phone
>android
>tablets
iPad will forever be the best tablet

I don't disagree with that, but it will be the best in a dead platform kek

Go kill yourself and go back to le woman respecting leddit you piece of shit

foldable tablets

Have they specified on how they plan to implement screen protection on their future folding devices? You can't use the glass for the folding panel and you can't put a case on it. Solving that is really important if they want them to succeed as phones.

>Tablets are useless
I can't read manga on phone

actually i hope this:

It became obsolete already

>I'm a disgusting attention whoring anime pedo scum normie
Found your real problem. You should look for a help (death)

>Foldable phones seem to be the future.

They're a shitty, stupid idea that hopefully dies.

>what will happen to devices that do the same as the but costs 10-15 times less
Gee I wonder.

cope

>normie
?

Tablets are already a niche barely anyone cares about. Just make a phone people can drop in a dock and use as their computer already.

>Foldable phones seem to be the future
How, why, when and where? Just because some overpriced gimmick devices are released, that doesn't imply that they've won people over.

low power shitpost

Tablets will probably still be for sale, they'll probably just end up migrating to full operating system with x64 processors instead of arm like the surface.

I use a tablet every single day and I don't imagine a foldable phone will ever take its place. Tablets have replaced paper and pen for me, not my laptop or my phone.

Attached: iPad-Pro.png?fit=794%2C436&ssl=1.png (794x436, 105K)

Anime website

It'll probably look like shit on the tablet, you would need good 8 inch e-ink for manga.

Nice arguments
Anime is a mainstream
It's not
NO, IT IS NOT

man has mental break down on obscure asian basket weaving forum about cutting edge lasagna phone

ye but e-ink probably can’t display colored pages

>The correct question is what will happen to laptops?
As long as humans have fingers, nothing.

it will plug into brain

tablet is good if you are on vacation and don't want to lug around a laptop with you. i don't do productivity on vacation so a tablet is more convenient.

Not to mention reading books.
>inb4 muh e-reader
E-readers can't do PDF decently, and most of these cost more than high end tablet for half the functionality.

try the amazon fire tablets for ebook/pdfs where they don't burn a hole in your pocket

Tablets have been dead for a really fucking long time. The only segment that sells them is the sub-$200 "give the little shit something to entertain itself" segment, and there's been no competition for a long time.

tablets will replace laptops

Phones will replace laptops.
Tablets already replaced laptops, and I'm not talking about iPads.

Attached: setienne_180806_2797_1331_2.1533697651.jpg (1200x675, 113K)

Not for anyone who does any kind of serious work on a laptop.

Define serious work.

Apple will revolutionize™ mobile devices by merging the iphone™ and ipad™ into one foldable mobile device™.

Attached: 1506167007172.jpg (848x1492, 341K)

Tablets are just to give your toddlers to watch the newest piepiecraft shit so they don't bother you. When foldable phones are in the sub 100$ range there will be a reason to worry, otherwise nah you'll get 5yearolds and pajeets(though the latter are more into phablets) posting from thier tablets.

It would have even less tactile feedback than chiclet boards, which would lead to a cheap experience -something users want to avoid so much they splurge on Samsung and ishit shit even though a mediatek whatever would perform 100% of their needs-. But it's a non-issue when phones can connect to Bluetooth keyboards anyway.

tablets are used in our field a lot because all our reference material is in PDF files and a folding device, such as a laptop, is way too bulky.

The alternative used to be huge as collection of 4inch binders. Fuck that shit, and I'm not reading off a screen smaller than 10"

>oblivious to an obvious joke