/spg/ - Smartphone General

Galaxy Fold Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: galaxyfold.gif (600x323, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sammobile.com/2019/02/20/psa-galaxy-s10-doesnt-have-notification-led/
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2017&sFreeText=stylus
androidauthority.com/xiaomi-miui-ads-906902/
ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9-128GB-SM-N960U-AT-T-GSM-Unlocked-single-sim-blue-purple/123625977658?epid=17028500325&hash=item1cc8aeb73a:m:mnvoBHQzPqbxJ7MtWz23J8w:rk:3:pf:0
youtu.be/AF2O4l1JprI
xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s10-new-software-features/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sammobile.com/2019/02/20/psa-galaxy-s10-doesnt-have-notification-led/

So, which SD855 phone this year will have a headphone jack and a notification LED?

So how about like no notch, but you get like a smartband with your phone which has like unfoldable little legs so you can set it on a table when you want to take selfies or videochat and when you're done with it you strap it back on your wrist

Apple will find a way, damnit.

Samsung has a patent for putting a camera in the S Pen stylus. If they did that they could remove the selfie camera from the phone.

Attached: s_pen_camera.jpg (1198x799, 76K)

How about just no notch at all? And a smaller second screen on the back for selfies? Or just no selfie mode at all.

The S10 camera placement is just a meme. Notches werent even that bad. That said, I'm not sure whether I want S10+ or Mi Max 4 with SD675.

There was a point where I hated the notch.

That point has passed.

DROPPED

Attached: xiaomi mi9.jpg (566x313, 25K)

hol up xz4 doesn't have a jack after all?

WHY THE FUCK

>Yes, as the title revealed, the Galaxy S10 doesn’t have a notification LED. The reason is simple: lesser space because of the Infinity-O display

They definitely could implement a notification animation around the front lens and there is always on display

Isn't a notification led kind of redundant anyway when you have an Amoled display?

Are there any modern 4.7" Smartphones after the Galaxy A3 and the ToddlerPhone 8?

I'm kinda desperate

That don't look like toys or are chinkshit nonames.

that bezel can't be real

>lesser
The curry state of journalism
You fucking serious now?

XZ1 Compact

No curved screen but it does have a 3.5 audio jack.

I've a s6 edge+.

I'm thinking about getting an s9 or a mi mix 3. What do you lads think? One of the most jmportant things for me are the cameras, both front and back and in any condition.

Then get the Mix. Slightly better rear cameras than the S9+ and a much better selfie arrangement.

Dumb question but /sqg/ doesn't seem to be up
How the hell do you unzip an archive (7z) on android?

I see. I like the smaller size and eight if the s9, but i think ill go for the mi mix 3, or wait for the mi 9, not sure

dumb nigger search for "7z" in the app store and it'll bring you several apps to do it

the front cam is a self fulfilling prophecy where people dreamed about having devices where you talk to people on the go on a slate/tablet thing since back in the 70s
people like us don't need it but people who were kids back then watching like the Jetsons or Star Trek **have** to have it

you know the IP system is fucked, when someone can monopolize this trivial shit

I was hoping for something on fdroid/github but okay thanks

Maybe I'm paranoid but I got my new chinkphone yesterday and when I use the wireless charger with quick charge the phone hearts up considerably. It doesn't when I charge it via cable. Is it a property of wireless charging or it can kill the battery/internal circuits over time? Can I set the qi rated charger to NOT use the quick charge mode?

Attached: Cross_Ange_ep_04_Salia_looking_hilda.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

I wouldn't wait on the Mi 9, the camera isn't optically stabilised like on the S9 and Mix 3, meaning the video will be shaky and using the night mode will require a really steady hand.

Recommend me a good stylus smart phone.
All tiers for comparison if possible.

low end : LG stylus phones
high end: Samsung Galaxy Note 8/9, Huawei Mate 20X
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2017&sFreeText=stylus

Wireless charging always heats up the phone more (and thus degrades the battery faster) than using a cable /, but it's more pronounced on some phones

What is the best phone for a mom?

a dumbphone such as an iPhone

I just upgraded to a Oneplus 6T
What am I in for

So is there data on how bad it is? Should I just completely avoid wireless charging or it can be used like 30% of the times?

>Can I set the qi rated charger to NOT use the quick charge mode?
use a non-quick charging wall adapter

Reminder to anybody claiming Xiamoi did it first, here's a reminder:
androidauthority.com/xiaomi-miui-ads-906902/
Supposedly their TVs have ads built into them too. No thanks

I'm excited for the s10 but I kinda want to wait to see if one plus releases a new phone this year with the same under the screen finger print scanner. Thoughts?

Oh so that's how it works! Thanks.

Kill yourself

Nokia 7 plus

Would yall trust this seller? I am really thinking about picking one up.

ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9-128GB-SM-N960U-AT-T-GSM-Unlocked-single-sim-blue-purple/123625977658?epid=17028500325&hash=item1cc8aeb73a:m:mnvoBHQzPqbxJ7MtWz23J8w:rk:3:pf:0

What did they do first and what does that have to do with their ads?
>No thanks
And you don't have to take it, as Xiaomi is one of the most developer friendly manufacturers and their devices have great custom ROM support. Ads aren't difficult to disable even if you're not rooted.

Don't buy phones off of eBay

Why not man? He has good feedback and the price is right.

apple just can't compete anymore, they should retire in complacency to their cornering of the moron market

Can't you literally just make a few pixels on your display blink very brightly and that would serve as a perfect substitute?

Trying to leave the Apple botnet, help me out bros

Burger
Sprint
Headphone Jack
6-8” max
$500

I was looking at chink phones because they seem like a really good deal but I have a hard time figuring out compatibility with my carrier and how to switch, I would really prefer a phone I can just swap my current SIM card into and go as opposed to havingto go through Sprint, they’re a bunch of fuckers

Attached: B670E369-A784-412E-8590-2D1EDF75B568.gif (520x270, 1.57M)

On the TV itself?? Regardless, a big part of it is the principal. I'm not too trustworthy of a company that would do that out the box

can someone recommend an android video player which supports two things: popout playback (picture in picture, whatever you call it) and HLS streams? preferably libre software
VLC ticks both boxes but the way it handles live HLS streams is a bit retarded
for those who don't know, live HLS streams are implemented as a playlist of a number of segment files, for example 10 seconds each, and the video player basically has to download the playlist from the server in order to acquire a list of URLs to each of the segments and then start playing the segments one after another
VLC handles this alright-ish, but it starts from the very first segment it finds in the playlist file, so if the server keeps 5 segments at all time, each segment being 10 seconds long, VLC will start playing from the oldest segment which means the playback will lag 50 seconds behind live edge

>leaves apple botnet to go into a even bigger one with chinkshit
Oof

Does anyone have guidance on buying a smartphone off eBay? Good idea or bad?

Should i wait for the samsung m20 to come to the uk or buy the a7?

Attached: 1550739192361.png (643x436, 190K)

you shouldn't buy samsung budget phones

upgrading from note 5, but do i go with note 8 or 9

why?

forget chinkphones on Sprint, they're not compatible. Get your ass on another carrier

Linus Tech Tips did a video on it, I think it's this one youtu.be/AF2O4l1JprI

they're trash

OnePlus 6 if you manage to find one

Also get another carrier

It would look actually decent if it had a full screen on the outside and a smaller notch on the inside.

>On the TV itself??
Most likely they can be disabled, but I don't really care about TV.
>I'm not too trustworthy of a company that would do that out the box
Other manufacturers aren't any better really. But at least you don't have to only use MIUI if you buy a Xiaomi phone.

I just bought a used Samsung Note 9 from Swappa listed as Mint for $600. How bad did I fuck up?

I've been seeing the LG V30 on sale alot on newegg so I wanna know if I should grab it or buy another alternative that's similar to the V30

xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s10-new-software-features/
>Camera Ring Notification LED
>Samsung made the bezels so thin and so small, they had to remove some hardware features, which unfortunately includes the notification LED. According to a member of the SamCentral Discord server who already has the Samsung Galaxy S10+, the notification LED is replaced by a ring of light around the camera cutout. This ring of light will change colors and light depending on the notifications.

the notification led is replaced by the camera cutout lighting up, the feature still exists but in a different form retard

There is no headphone jack on the fold

Can't decide which one
>Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 32GB for €129 vs 64GB for €182
>Pocophone 64 GB for €292

What would you choose?

poorfag

POCOOOO

yeah but I got trips

OnePlus is the only chinkphone I would ever touch. Stay the fuck away from Huawei unless you wanna be spied on by the Chinese government

Just skip ahead 50 seconds

Obviously the A2 Lite for 129€, that's a steal

That I'm okay with I thought you were referring to the entire display being in that bullshit "always-on display" state

Just bought a used Note 9 from swappa. Did I fuck up? Was listed as mint?

I'm torn between these 2 as well

Guys help. S9 or G7 thinq

Just sold my Note 9 on swappa to this fat autist. Listed it as mint even though it's all scratched to hell lmaooo

banggood has Poco for 240€

not seeing it, lad

How do I get a gf/laid with an android phone?

gotta use a coupon, 2F1BG469

>2F1BG469
where did you get that?

kimovil.com

Note 7 or Poco, boys?

Attached: 1507984405498.png (457x469, 434K)

Poco

Wait for poco2

wait for Redmi SD855 phone

Lol fuck you man.

I have a redmi note 3 pro but the wifi on it sucks anyone here have a samsung? hows the wifi on that?

it doesn't let you seek while playing these streams, also the playback speed functionality is disabled and stuck at 1.0x
it's funny because for audio-only HLS, i can speed up to 4.0x and wait until it catches up, then just go back to 1.0x, but the same doesn't work with video streams

What's the least expensive but not awful phone you can buy in the US that is supported by Lineage? Those new Nokias look ok but the bootloader is still locked on those, right?

>What's the least expensive but not awful phone
Moto X4 for $150

>Those new Nokias look ok but the bootloader is still locked on those, right?
yes

is the pixel 3 still worth buying?

No

depends on how cheap you can get it

My one month old iphone xr suddenly started crackling when playing music both on headphones and on speakers. I didn't do anything to it, nothing happened to it. What could cause this?

Do you think apple will replace it? I use my phone for music as it's main purpose. I re started it, reset all setting and turned off blue tooth and made sure do not disturb wasn't on...