Is "data science" the next job to be pajeetified Jow Forums?

Is "data science" the next job to be pajeetified Jow Forums?

Attached: datascience.png (964x410, 54K)

Software engineering is one thing- you can totally shit the bed but so long as it works the boomers in charge don't care

DS is a different beast because your data and figures are either right or they're not, it's very hard to pajeet that shit.

But ultimately yes, we're approaching saturation I suspect.

t. guy in his 4th year as a Data Analyst (read: python/sql monkey) about to ride the DS meme wave for however long it lasts

It's also worth pointing out that most of the jobs in the OP link are very likely Data Analyst jobs dressed up with a better title

Tbqh if you're not doing machine learning, forecasting etc then there's zero difference in the jobs, it's just pulling shit from a db (some defensible flavour of """right answer"""" and arranging it so boomers can understand it)

I have a degree in sociology. How can I get an entry level DS position?

Did you do stats in your degree? If so, make it sound more quantitative than it probably was.

Then learn Python and SQL, Excel helps too if you have a bit.

That's the basic skillset tbqhwu f a m

Everything else they'll train you up if it's a big company. If it's a startup then good fucking luck, you learn by doing or gtfo

Considering you chose a sociology degree I doubt have a high enough IQ to do anything challenging, go work at McDonalds or something

Also fuck learning R, no one uses that shit irl, just do it in python.

Some super technical quants in banking have Matlab or KDB but don't overcomplicate that shit- learn Python and SQL, if the company has some extra meme language they want you to use then learn it on the job (Julia is extra memey for DS, KDB is a big one for banking but unknown in tech)

Don't know SQL but I'm good with python. I only took 1 stats class so maybe that's going to be a big problem.

Nah you're good man, just study up a bit and lie in the interview. Or don't, and just say you self-studied a bit, but if it's not a startup you'll have to go through a HR lady who won't understand shit, so you need something on paper saying you're a fully fledged data memer.

If it's a startup then you'll just talk directly with the head of DS or the CEO or whoever.

To be honest the level of maths required for DS is way overrated, most of what you'll do is so commoditised at this point that so long as you understand the concepts you'll manage fine.

SQL is a piece of piss friendo, you'll have the basic in an afternoon. The more SQL you know the less python/pandas you have to write, so it pays to know it well, but you kind of learn on the job, no one really studies that shit all that much.

incidentally if this DOES get pajeeted, it'll be for that reason - i.e. everything becomes 'import thing from package' with no one understanding how it works

But as I say, ultimately you need to arrive at a """right""" answer, so you can do it or you can't at the end of the day.

Most DS guys are shitty programmers anyway, my old boss wrote some of the worst Python I've ever seen

you cant

But it's already is

Is data science the next job that Jow Forums talks about like linux and doesn't know a shit about it( other than ricing and talking about it. ) ?

You can apply for the diversity officer. They need a token white guy.

What's the difference between machine learning and data science?

None

Wrong.

No

You will be replaced with AI.

Some men just like to watch the world burn.

no.
all that REDDIT spacing.

Go back there.

It already is. Data "scientists" are just database janitors, easy to pajeetize

What is the last sector in IT which requires high IQ and won't be pajeetified?

Whatever happened to the data science general?

Project manager roles for big firms. They're all white guys.

they die out pretty quickly, and are probably a better fit for /sci/.

people want to argue about smartphones, headphones, linux distros, apple, etc. on Jow Forums

i am too brainlet for a data scientist role. thoughts on data analysts? ive been looking to get into it. that really looks to be a job going to be outsourced to the third world.

Are they on /sci/? I just have questions on trying to get an entry level position

Perhaps you are right about R but I'll offer a counter example saying that i see R used a lot with DS shit regarding proteomics and sometimes genomics, i saw just as many research groups using R for that as python.

>do a udemy python course

Congrats, you are now a (((data scientist))), commonly referred to as trenchskull brainlet

Nah my father is a pajeet and he was a project manager for a big firm before switching companies and moving up

Who cares as long as you get paidM
I will never understand Jow Forums's fascination of accussing people who make as much as they do or more while doing very little work of being unintelligent

thinking data science is harder than software engineering is the dumbest shit. Data science is basic statistics with basic coding. anyone can do it. Software engineering is harder. The idea it is easy is spread by people who took one intro to coding class in high school and never took a high level CS class.

>Is "data science" the next job to be pajeetified
no, it takes real skill to be an "actual" data scientist. pajeets are only capable of copying existing code

SQL gets much harder when dealing with real enterprise datamarts. it's only piss easy when data is unrealistically clean, small, and already brought together.

I was going to say management but then I remembered that the executives in every major tech company are all poos now.

data scientists are the ones building the AIs, they're the only safe people

if you aren't in the field is seems like this and data scientist gets thrown around very loosely, but if you are there's very clear distinctions between who is the data scientist and who is just an analyst/developer. there's only a handful of real data scientists per line of business at my mega corp.

are you kidding? project managers are 90% stubborn attractive females since they're just glorified baby sitters.

DIE