Jow Forums approved technology

something to add?

Attached: file.png (1190x1250, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vwNi89aMwhY
hardware.slashdot.org/story/19/02/20/1416252/logitech-is-relaunching-the-mx518-gaming-mouse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd remove Galaxy S3 from the list. Compared to other phones for that time, it wasn't that great.

but its currently the greatest legend phone now that it's dethroned the HD2.
I would however add or replace it with the S5 because that phone is going to fucking live forever.

This whole list is stupid, especially the 3570K

we need to spread this list, its to old right now

>Jow Forums approved technology

oh, so you mean outdated poorfag shit?

gtfo out my board

>In-Tel Aviv
>Jow Forums approved

Attached: 701.jpg (719x720, 98K)

>3570K
Can't remember it even being mentioned one way or another.

OP here
i will do updates

Attached: gaprovedtech.jpg (1190x1250, 644K)

>f91w
>im a limp wristed faggot with the wrist girth of a literal child

>ime3.0
retarded huge and clunky

>wmo1.1 and optical 1.1a
decent and ok shapes

>the phones
>the monitors
>all the mice
all deprecated and garbage

>boomer tech
some of these were okay back in the day but it isn't 2012 any more gramps

90% of this stuff is outdated
Seriously, calculators and an MP3 player? You can do all of that on any phone. Wrist watches aren't very useful, either.
The rest has major problems, too
-Monitors from 2005? Screens get bigger than 22" these days, and have much better color accuracy
-Can we get a phone from the last year, instead of 9 years ago?
-Why is half the list dedicated to headphones? And a bluetooth model would be nice considering there is more than enough space for it
-The define R4 is good, but not the only case on the market. Not to mention the R5 and R6 exist, and the H500 being very popular among PC builders
-The model M hasn't been sold in ages, and the majestouch 2 isn't worth $130
-The WD black drives are fine, but Seagate has increased their reliability a lot, and SSDs are a must-have
-The 212 Evo isn't bad, but you can't use it for everything

Attached: 1550764909615.png (1396x1256, 1012K)

The joke is that 90% of Jow Forums are too poor to afford anything new and everyone else is capable of making purchasing decisions on their own.

Attached: Untitled.png (800x800, 68K)

>Seagate has increased their reliability a lot, and SSDs are a must-have
you outed youtself mr seagate shill

Probably true. If Jow Forums is going to act elitist about anything it better not be this stupid
Even for 2012 this list is retarded
That meme is as old as the list, and SATA HDDs are all relatively equal now that magnetic storage has hit diminishing returns

>calculators
are completely valid if you need a scientific/graphing calculator
>MP3 player
also valid when considering space/battery over phones
>Wrist watches aren't very useful, either.
b-but your phone can tell you the time

but it's the processor OP has in his computer, say something nice about it

Very few people have these issues, except for graphing calculators which are retarded in their own right
It's only slightly worse than the 2200G, so you technically could use it. But not for the $230 they were asking back in 2012 desu

T400 with Libreboot
T420 with Coreboot
That Logitech Vertical Mouse
Giant HGST drive

There is no Jow Forums approved technology, Jow Forums is filled with people who loathe technology but want to make it as not shit as possible

R5 2600/X
Dell Ultrasharp/Asus Pro Art
Cryorig H7 or H5
Korean Samsung S5 with 3GB RAM
WD Red

I still use that sony

Attached: 502ph8w50x121.jpg (750x918, 68K)

actually more accurate than OP

>Backblaze are secretly a bunch of Seagate shills
Seagate got reliable. Hard drives are in general way more reliable these days. Deal with it.

>3570k
>not 2500k

Why isn't the ATH-M50x on there? One of the most popular and best rated headphones of all time and still strong competition against everything at the $150 tier.

STAX

OP here

Attached: gaprovedtech.jpg (1190x1450, 734K)

they are absolute trash and not even aggressively priced, why do people keep recommending them?
hd600, ryzen 1200 and 2600 instead of that intel garbage, ducky/leopold for keyboards imo, t420/t450s

Attached: 527A5628-E790-46CC-9BA6-18D0C371A8B2.jpg (1920x1080, 312K)

Galaxy S5? What year is it?

What I've got so far. Not sure what else to add.

Attached: 1550764909615.png (1190x1250, 667K)

some guys talking its good.. soo why not

im gonna add your stuff

Just buy dt770, that's what they try to be
>hd600
>no bass
>no treble

as someone who actually knows about headphones, that is a truly terrible selection of headphones

Attached: 55e.jpg (600x900, 60K)

Sony MDR7506

if a company releases a new phone, the old one does not instantly stop working

Doing integration on my phone is hell
Bluetooth is shit, it won't always be shit but right now it is
Reliable wrist watches will always be in demand because nobody knows what time it is and more and more people can't quickly read analog clocks (which are vastly more stylish)

G403 wireless
NH-D15 instead of D14
And are we still stuck up on wrist watches and MP3 players?

OP here

Attached: gaprovedtech.jpg (1190x1450, 821K)

whats wrong with wrist watches?

they are a fashion statement, who cares which one autists here like

how's the HP 50g compared to the 49g?

I used the 48g+ and then the 49g though college.
48 was beautiful with awesome buttons, the 49 was ugly with awful rubber buttons but the new functions on the 49 were worth the ugly aesthetics and feel.
I also used to cheat on tests passing messages with classmates using the 48g's infrared port, 49 has no IR.

I haven't used an hp calculator in more than 10 years, i also see there's an hp prime with color screen and wireless, why the 50g instead of prime?

ohh.. one more thing, the games on the 48g were awesome

>S5 in fucking 2019
Literally why?

OP here
you are doing many updates guys
should I delete the S5? replace it?

Attached: gaprovedtech.jpg (1190x1650, 873K)

S5 would be a good replacement, but in a few months all phones should be removed from the list in favour of Librem 5 and Pine64 Phone.

>anything intel
Remove this botnet and replace it with any AMD CPU. Ryzen 2400G, for example since it has iGPU.
>western digital
Remove this botnet and put Toshiba in. Add a Samsung or a chink SSD.
>half the list are headphones
Limit it to 3-5 items per category ffs. Add 1 cat ear headphones.

Organize this shit better. Also add LG G5.

It's /fa/, not Jow Forums. They're a redundant accessory unless you literally don't have a phone.

Last good android device other than LG G5.

Keep it. There isn't a better android device out there.

what is this a picture from 1998?

its from 2012 actually xd

take the m50x out, they are reddit techtuber tier

LG is shit man, bootloops, any kind of random failures. Definitively not recommended.

add thinkpad t450s
and a intel nand3d SSD instead of that chink shit

What I've got

Attached: 1550764909615.png (1190x1250, 431K)

since no one answered, i decided to do some research myself and if found this video demonstrating all the goodness of the 50g, enjoy
youtube.com/watch?v=vwNi89aMwhY

also, the prime sucks

OP here

Attached: gaprovedtech.jpg (1190x1650, 886K)

G5 didn't have this issue with LineageOS afaik.

Phones definitely can't do everything, but that's not a justification to say that calculators are worth what they ask for
Bluetooth can be good, the price tags are usually high though
Everybody knows the time. Everyone has a phone, and cars have clocks. Analog watches are the only kind worth buying, and Jow Forums should not be the authority on that.

Texas instruments are rape
But it feels good

Vertical mouse in not approved.

>Smartphones
>Jow Forums approved

Attached: 1546292126662.gif (487x560, 898K)

Remove sansa clip. It's out of production, and chinese equivalents have surpassed it(like shanling m0, xduoo x2). You could also remove older thinkpads from the list(think T420/X220 are the oldest readily available usable ones nowadays). Also good luck trying to find T221 or FW900 for decent price in year 2019

>asus ProArt
>handful of "magic" colour modes
>thunderbolt
>sparkly bottom plate
>shitty built-in speakers
>all cables connected on the left side cause tilt
who would throw 2000$ on this shit?

Add kinesis advantage II

K701 and sansa clip+ are actually decent quality hardware. Why are they on this meme list?

MDR V6 has always been a bit inferior to MDR 7506 because of the separate ground

>model m
>Doesn't specify which
>Overpriced filco shite

Cringe

>no 2700k
>no Q6600
this list is garbage

I own both pairs and they're pretty close to the same quality man. M50x for portability and dt770 at home.

H7 is garbage (literally lit mine on fire). Replace it with like the Arctic Freezer 33.

add a T430 too is good enough as a laptop with mods

I would forever grateful to the faggot that edits this to say GNU
>inb4 why don't you do it
trying to keep that package count down, so I don't want to install Green Peppers

“Shucked” WD external easystore 8/10TB hard drives from those Best Buy loss-leader sales are the pro strat for big magnetic storage hoarding these days.

just felt like readding to my post, anyone who suggests the h7 is from fucking reddit

-everything except X61T, T400. IBM T221, Dell Ultrasharp and Noctua

+tp t42
+tp w700ds
+Nokia N series
+AMD Opteron
+mice are for faggots so nah
+your veteran grandpa's simple watch
+Intel's pre 2003 stock cooler
+STAX SR Nova and 404 Signature
+Sony MDR-v6
+New Kailh mechanical switches
+IBM model F
+Hitachi hard drives
+Crucial MX500
+Seasonic anything

This is fucking trash.
The t420 and x220 are beloved by Jow Forums
If you're going to have a phone make sure its something with a replaceable battery and expandable storage.
Get rid of all the monitors, since there's no real consensus on which screens are good.
Do the same with keyboards, but throw up some good brands like ducky, hhkb, etc.

A gun, to shoot the person who made this stupid clique shit

>mfw I'm running Gentoo on an x61

Attached: 2cool.gif (500x376, 1.03M)

hardware.slashdot.org/story/19/02/20/1416252/logitech-is-relaunching-the-mx518-gaming-mouse

Attached: 1514828909183.png (647x740, 14K)

>Gentoo Linux
>electronics

Attached: some value.png (610x605, 494K)

What's the Jow Forums approved wireless router?

3570 still serves me in pair with 2060 and it feels pretty decent

the only game that chewed and crushed this configuration was Armada 2, but i guess it's because of weird britbong shit

Thinkpad X200 and maybe X220
Logitech Performance MX

Good thing no one shit-talked Nokia N900. That's highly sought and you can run mainline linux on it and even support text messaging or wifi. A botnet free pocket device.

S3 can use replicant.

Librem is far from finished and you're better of with literally any phone + lineageOS because your radio will still use proprietary baseband blobs and the Librem team can't do code at all.
Necunos is the future.

>Intel meme
Intel graphics support on xfree86 is great that it can support most screen resolutions as long as the CPU permits even tear-free H265 without the need for buggy or open sores graphics drivers and the mess of setting the configs. Radeon or Nvidia still have tearing though you can force vsync at the cost of noticeable dropped frames or higher CPU though if you're using modern Nvidia or Radeon chipsets you won't have any problems including those cores that don't even actively run and run on low multiplier on open sores drivers.

>Toshiba
I agree with that but why Samsung? It's seagate rebrand and WD is bought by Toshiba+HGST and has better performance.

>LG G5
Nexus 5/5X

>replicant.
Outdated and irrelevant. LineageOS is good enough.
>proprietary baseband blobs
Nobody who gives a fuck about privacy uses a SIM card. Use the SIM killswitch.

>hardware.slashdot.org/story/19/02/20/1416252/logitech-is-relaunching-the-mx518-gaming-mouse

Old news, its already available on AliExpress

Attached: iu.jpg (640x480, 59K)

Attached: WDisfuckingshit.jpg (720x820, 82K)

>intel at all

Replace S5 with a de-bloated S7

>Wrist Watches is /fa/
>Pulling out 160 gram phone out of your pocket, every time you need to check time must be a great idea.

What a fucking shitshow of a thread, kys immediately. Only newfags care about """g approved""" stuff bcs they want to fit in.

>no T440p
sad

based

no one in my computer science classes uses think pads besides me. not saying im a special snowflake but i feel weird and embarrassed to use one when everyone else is using dells and macbooks

and i don't have a dinosaur one either, just a t450s

are thinkpads even used for coding? they're business laptops righT?

82MS-A

Thinkpads are definitely more business oriented, and are typically sold in bulk to companies rather than individually

Based and redpilled

>shitting on the casio f91 and sansa clip
gtfo nigger

get rid of all the shitphones immediately.

Phone is good.
Remove the 681 superlux.

Add logitech g102 and logitech g305 mice.

Add ducky one 2 mini, anne pro 2, vortex rgb, magicforce 68 to the keyboards, also add brown (gatheron, kaihl, cherry switches in there, maybe the mx silvers, rest is utter bullshit.

Use the white HHKB Pro 2 not the black one, people make fun of the black one.

bump