Absolute state of Librem 5

this is embarrassing
puri.sm/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/devkit-demo.webm?_=1

laggy ugly piece of shit, and they plan to charge 650$ for this
freetards are really deluded

Attached: shell-l5-1.png (421x881, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dF_-jQc53jw
youtube.com/watch?v=KiItd6I3VHU
puri.sm/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/devkit-demo.webm?_=1
youtube.com/watch?v=6n3pFFPSlW4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bro, relax. I know you've had your sights set on the Librem 5 by Purism since the beginning of crowdfunding, but it's just not the phone for my specific use case. Hellaphone by Sandia National Labs provides rock solid sms, calls and note taking all on the proven Inferno operating system. Check it out if you get a chance, dude.
youtube.com/watch?v=dF_-jQc53jw

Attached: 1536826664330.jpg (608x473, 49K)

>what is a devkit
retard
im more put out by the fact that he can stay with his legs crossed the entire video, wtf m8

why so much latency?

is their CTO a tranny?
youtube.com/watch?v=KiItd6I3VHU

>paying 650 in this freetardphone shit

>f-fuck you proprietaryfag poo in the loo andjeet shill you'll never be this FREE back to /v/eddit sorry you're too dumb to use it enjoy your botnet

Attached: dTcAHZc.jpg (800x857, 67K)

kek
you can't make this shit up

wtf my SDL program with fucked up code performs much better than this shit

It uses GNOME3, obviously it will be laggy as hell. That shit doesn't even run well on an atom tablets.

>early preorder price: $599
>now: $649
>after release: $750

Attached: 1519871497082.jpg (5000x5000, 1.76M)

>puri.sm/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/devkit-demo.webm?_=1
>devkit demo

>devkit
>should have performance of Pentium III
freetards logic

the light phone 2 is going to be better.

I dropped them completely when they decided to use gnome instead of kde plasma

Don't they have options?

> podcasts icon is a cassette tape

that doesnt make sense

>gui animations are not interpolated (stepped)
>somehow this indicates the performance of the machine
kys retard

yes. kde or gnome.

It's probably throwing debugging output every single frame, nothing to worry about

No, GNOME needs a dedicated GPU and a 2GHz CPU to have 60fps animations. Otherwise it stutters because it's written in fucking Python.

That’s pretty bad ngl

This but unironically.

It's for gentoomen larpers
people who want security use Apple anyway. Their encryption is top tier.

Should have installed KosherDE

KDE performs even worse than gnome

speaking of larping

>he doesn't know

Attached: SamsungKnox.png (750x750, 20K)

U said?

That's because you don't remember what it was like waiting patiently for your new cassette to come in the mail every week with the latest insight and wisdom from some rando in his mom's basement with a tape recorder and a dream.

More like lagrem

It is free software, you can replace it with a better UI

Get to work then fucker

Gnome is becoming a lot better since Ubuntu seems to be throwing their former Unity devs at it, becoming far faster and lowered the overheads. Gnome 3.32 should be a fairly major release in that regard.

>affordable
>libre
>fast
You can only ever pick one

Meanwhile everyone else's UI has functioned for decades.

Honestly how is it this bad?

>my fucking note 4 is faster than this and looks better too

good lord, this is what happens when you do things for free. Capitalism is good.

Holy fuck that UI reminds me of those fake chinese phones from 2008. Fucking atrocious

Never had a smartphone, so still better than what I have now

>They upped the price
It was already out of their target audience reach before, but this is crazy. This phone needs to be made cheaper to do well. Probably will never happen with their manufacturing done in the states and not in China.

>GNOME
>laggy
Pick both

Supporting free software isn't the same as being a cheapskate, , though for a board of supposed high earning tech salaries Jow Forums sure is full of poorfags.

To be fair Firefox is just as laggy on Android

youtube.com/watch?v=6n3pFFPSlW4

You're surprised that a Linux phone would run the standard Linux desktop?

fucking hell you're retarded. please stop. you have no idea how stupid you look. Python? If you're talking about GNOME Shell it's JS you fucking idiot. Also, the JS (or Python, or any of the other languages that use glib) make calls to glib, a library written in C, you dumb cunt.

no idea about kde, but Qt/QML is silky smooth on my SailfishOS phone

I'm betting they're not running hardware rendering yet.
Fifty bucks says that's all software rendered

First time I've laughed at this video, fuck.

Why would you lie on the internet?

This is tragic. I was willing to sacrifice convenient apps for freedom. But if it's this laggy haw am I ever gonna dump my galaxy s7 for this. I had so much hope.

What phone do you have?

>Note 4
>SD805

>This thing
>A fucking quadcore 1.5Ghz A-53 from 2013

The note is actually newer and better. Yet it sells for $650.

I'm selling mine the moment I receive it. What an absolute POS.

I don't understand why this is so expensive. Didn't the (((WSJ))) do a video where they when to china and built their own custom phone for $70? why can't librem just do that and put linux on it?

I understand there needs to be markups and such but it shouldn't really be more than $300

To whom? Even retards like you who paid in advance don't want it.

The main limiting factor is that it must run all libre software, which is virtually impossible with all the cheap Chinese stuff (because then you could leave out the all the literal botnet code), and it must have various separate-from-the-CPU peripherals that can be physically powered off, which is virtually nonexistent.

It's still utter garbage and it's harder to render GNOME than a 10yo videogame. Stop shilling trash.

>Freetards are really deluded
That's like saying the sky is blue, no fucking shit