KDE + Matrix

KDE + Matrix
The best DE and the best chat protocol have come together.
Why do you not use Matrix and or riot.im for communications? (I couldn't give a less of a fuck what DE you use)
Why do you sit and let the MAN read your conversations, i/g/iots?
telegram is botnet as fuck
signal is botnet as fuck
wire was almost "ok" but DOA
IRC is dead as fuck, has no features
Tox is dead as fuck
XMPP is laughable and nothing actually works, that's why everyone is ditching it
Slack is botnet
discord is for pedophiles and retards (only)

Get with the fucking times, join matrix/riot today.

Attached: 1529787650544.png (1024x355, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dot.kde.org/2019/02/20/kde-adding-matrix-its-im-framework
matrix.org/blog/2019/02/20/welcome-to-matrix-kde/
github.com/signalapp/Signal-Android
github.com/signalapp/Signal-Server
matrix.org/docs/guides/installing-synapse
github.com/matrix-org/synapse/tree/master/contrib/docker
natrius.eu/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=digital:server:matrixsynapse
github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/8300
github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/8313
github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/8229
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also for the interested reader:

dot.kde.org/2019/02/20/kde-adding-matrix-its-im-framework
matrix.org/blog/2019/02/20/welcome-to-matrix-kde/

I'll admit the kde.org read is actually worth it.

is it possible to call/VoIP with someone on discord, or do bridges only work with text?

What the fuck is with the matrix shilling recently? What Jew is behind this?

Discord is a botnet pedophile client so I haven't messed with it, as far as I know bridges are only text right now.
The reason being: discord doesn't support video bridges
It's very easy to implement for matrix though

This is my first (of many) shill threads I will do for matrix. In fact they can consider me an employee from what my future ideas look like.
Get off your fucking chat and use it.

>Skype and Slack
people actually use it
>Matrix
you can chat with both users of it

Post the privacy policy of the KDE server, faggot. I want to know if a discord tranny isn't managing my messages.

the only friend I have left wont switch so im stuck with it. thanks for the answer m8

searX it, kiddo. I'm not your personal search engine.

I'll be your friend on matrix.

I often do it (for free(dom)).
Main reason is to try to get people to use something saner than {insert proprietary chat network here}. I just got tired of all the bullshit with discord/whatsapp/…, might as well switch to something actually useful and with good future prospects as a protocol.

thanks, but I would have an heroed by now if not for him, cant ditch him for a superior protocol

>hurr use matrix stop using discord
>how?
>lmao Google it kiddo.
Fuck off with your spyware then.

google? don't use botnets, buddy

>signal
>botnet
proof?

Attached: citation_needed2652.jpg (500x500, 73K)

There is no source code, retard

this is the biggest problem matrix has right now:
>you can chat with both users of it

so its in everyone's best interest to get more people to use it

Attached: 43e1426935954dd5ac7bb7952bdaeb54875685a8f071070294f0afce200d01ee.jpg (1920x1080, 331K)

Is that so?
What is this, then?
github.com/signalapp/Signal-Android

That's the client source code, where's the server source code?

It says gplv3 on wikipedia for it you double nigger. WHY would you spread misinformation like that.

Here it is, you numbnuts
github.com/signalapp/Signal-Server

Attached: came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg (935x859, 126K)

>being this retarded

I dunno man, sucks 2bu I guess.

>centralized shit
WEEEW
NO THANKS BUDDY

Fucking retard, waste of trips. Signal is NSA botnet trash anyways.
Thanks faggot.

>willingly sharing your IP to other people in the chatroom

Attached: delicious_bait.png (500x500, 279K)

Signal is alright since they are full gpl3, but it does not have federation of any kind so its simply inferior to matrix

Attached: 28da7284e678115c616351bccd2f9bdc3c95fa963afe9e36359e21dda92daaa2.jpg (713x341, 64K)

question is, why would one need to shill for quality soft?
how it works most of the time, is that they will sell it eventually and they will be dictators of the opensource repo.
focusing only on premium features and business customers.
so there will be community fork, perhaps more of those to fragment the development even more.
there will be drama among those dictators about the future of the protocol and there's going to be further fragmentation.
i'm experiencing some dejavu now.

Attached: ec8a4b72afa670185b7fb50114d46318b53510858a243784eb348d89b2abd7cf.png (867x442, 220K)

So far, the devs have been fairly open with the community. It's not in their interest to break it like that, since it'd remove their main advantage over their competitors.

>question is, why would one need to shill for quality soft?
Shilling always beats quality when you consider normies. Just look at fucking discord

>It's still botnet anyways! :°C
Fuck off, learn to lose.

>XMPP is laughable and nothing actually works
Werks on my machines :^)

>signal is botnet as fuck

proof please

no it doesn't.
Enable end to end encryption and talk from (the ONLY PROGRAM THAT WORKS) conversations on android to ANY desktop client

signal was shilled by NSA's snowden and you retards ate it up
devs on matrix are very open. They talk about random shit all day in the chat rooms.

and why would anyone want to build a platform around normies?
is it something that will hold it together in long term?
normies will jump onto the next flashy vydia you advertise for them.
you cannot build a long term living product around normies, so why are you even building here a protocol?

they will just sell it to the highest or possibly any bidder after they attract the most. that's how it works in short term, but it won't work in long one.

it's the most common play out there in startups.
there actually isn't any other play.

Attached: 3ff89ddf06dbe00da1636cbf302823782bf4055a22a16c50ea58366a430f791b.jpg (468x375, 27K)

>signal was shilled by NSA's snowden and you retards ate it up

proof please

I actually do this. I use it with pix-art and conversions on phone, and gajim on desktop, both windows and GNU/Linux. My contacts also use pix-art and gajim. Everything is always end-to-end encrypted with state of the art OMEMO.
Feels good.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that matrix is a good standard and is probably the future of communications. But presently it doesn't have a single good implementation, so I'll keep using XMPP for now.

>they will just sell it to the highest or possibly any bidder
The sources are open, its federated and you host your own server. Why would it even matter if they sell it?
If they do it will get forked and it has to stay gpl3 becouse Stallman is God.

>and why would anyone want to build a platform around normies?
You don't build a platform around normies, but you don't get enough userbase you are back at square one:
>you can chat with both users of it

I've had horrible problems with actually running a Matrix homeserver.

no you don't, it doesn't work lol

How so? In my experience, the Docker version is trivial to run and even the standard install is relatively simple to set up.

To be honest i have installed synapse from arch repo and its been working without issues ever since.

sounds like a case of pebkac

>Why would it even matter if they sell it?
why don't you see it boy?
once you are in the money game, you want more, or you get out.

Attached: butterfly_effect_by_nataliadrepina-d9kjlgd.jpg (400x600, 31K)

it eats resources, we're working on synapse 1.0 which should be released in march. It will be nicer but still since federation and all it is decently heavy of a chat server to run.

if you do not federate with other servers it barely takes any resources. Or if you stick to small channels.

I fail to see how that's relevant. Its not like you are forced to use services hosted on their server. They cannot suddenly roll back commits from git and make them proprietary either.

you are worried about commits?
that's the most shallow thing that holds project together.

is this out yet?

>the best interest
It definitely isn't the best interest for my old sparc box running a XMPP server. synapse is so shitty it doesn't run on anything that isn't a brand new i9 with 1TB of RAM and 1PB of disk space

As one of the matrix shills, I do it because I'm tired of discord destroying Jow Forums threads with its attention whores trying to be leaders of a social network cult. We need a chat program that's just a chat program with the useful features, not a cult, and won't sell my logs, and I'll shill for whatever looks like the most viable alternative.

>IRC is dead as fuck
IRC is much bigger than Matrix, and will continue on long after Matrix is forgotten

>and why would anyone want to build a platform around normies?
The network effect. A chat program needs everyone on it or else people will use something else.

nope.
featureless chat will die in the next 10 years. Now that something fully open, and federated exists.

synapse 1.0 in a few weeks.

Might sound strange but all my free software pals are on XMPP. Only one I know is exclusively on Matrix.

>yfw Matrix got picked up by the entire French government for internal use

IIRC there's a chance that they might even federate with the public network.

yea, garbage that barely works and needs 300 hacks and addons to almost work 100%
XMPP will die soon regardless.
and the entire KDE team, which is massive.

Mine all quit XMPP when Google Talk died. All on WhatsApp and Skype now.

>muh decentralised
>one implementation will inevitably be far ahead of the others
>which will make nearly everyone use the same client and server anyway
>can still easily have bad actors anyway which you can only avoid by blocking people making use of them
Literally pointless.

>matrix
>not delta.chat with your own mail server

((THEIR)) SERVERS,((SIGNALS)) SERVERS ARE MIDDLE MEN WORKING FOR THE HIGHEST BIDDER.

I'm using it since months, I like it so much. I would like to have more clients available for android though.

It's end to end encrypted. I guess everyone in the room still has a copy of your messages but at least some CIA furry isn't searching it for keywords

you have any guides? I tried the digital ocean ubuntu one and wasn't able to get it running. didn't try all that hard though.

matrix.org/docs/guides/installing-synapse

Specifically:
- docker (without ansible): github.com/matrix-org/synapse/tree/master/contrib/docker
- plain install: natrius.eu/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=digital:server:matrixsynapse

thanks friend definitely going to give it another shot

Because riot.im is fucking retarded and has a bug preventing people from logging in outside of the default home server. Devs not giving a shit either. Just bin this worthless piece of shit protocol already.

>has a bug preventing people from logging in outside of the default home server
Uh, no? I can log on to other homeservers just fine.
If your server is misconfigured (doesn't have .well-known/matrix/client entry), just enter the address manually instead of attempting to automatically fill it from your MXID.

OK kid
github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/8300
github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/8313
github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/8229

So, we have people with unreproducible "bugs", their homeservers timing out and issues with proxies. Nice.

First for emacs is the most comfy matrix client
Even works with evil mode for vi hotkeys
Since emacs can be started in either pure CLI or GUI you get the best of both worlds without having to install multiple clients
Has a very IRC feel, which is a huge win in my book compared to other clients which look like web2.0 shit

Attached: emacs-matrix.png (832x823, 579K)