I'm sick of my phones battery only lasting 16 hours even without use. It wouldn't be so bad if it charged faster...

I'm sick of my phones battery only lasting 16 hours even without use. It wouldn't be so bad if it charged faster, but it takes over 2 hours. What if phones had multiple usb ports? could you charge it faster?

Attached: cport.png (520x512, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Still using a micro USB and not C phone in 2018
There's your problem

Apple had ultra-fast charging it since iOS8

Attached: wave.png (611x591, 323K)

Why would it need a longer charge time at a higher wattage? Seems like a flaw in the illusion.

this would be a nice feature. i think it is mostly the battery that determines how fast it can charge, but it would be nice to be able to plug in more things at once without carrying a hub around, and when one port breaks, it's not such a big deal that you can't even charge the phone.

micro USB can fast charge, the port doesn't make a difference

>own a phone with wireless charging
>the port stays sparkling new always
>only use the plug when using a powerbank on the go
Would recommend.

Attached: 1447012389955.png (362x362, 42K)

I'm a girl, I don't care if my port stays pristine.

No, to charge faster you just have to push more amps to the phone but it'll get hot, that's how fast charging works. Huawei's Super Vooc can changer a phone from 0 to 100 in 35 minutes.

Can't relate, my dash charge is stupid fast

roastie.

But won't that spy on my data and give it to the chinese? CNN said so.

Instead of a single battery the should put a bunch of small independent batteries, each one with a charging port
This way it'd be faster

Get an lg v20 and buy a large extended battery for it. Had a 10800mah one a while ago, lasts days with heavy use.

based

You either have a shitty phone or it's very old. My mi mix 2 uses about 10% battery per day idle at best. Redmi note 3 pro would last 2 full weeks without gapps.

Just get a phone with a bigger battery then, MAX versions of phones exist. Shit my Asus Zenfone 3 Max lasts 2 days with moderate/light usage, I use it as my travel phone. Sure there are newer ones available
>but da processor isn't bleeding edge
Want battery life or ultra performance
>but da screen isn't 2560x1440
Again do you want battery life or sleekness

you could charge it in the span of 30 minutes or less, but that being healthy to your device in less than a few months or stable enough to not provoke your house to go on fire wouldn't be the case

wait
that's like hentai plot
more hole more fun

Im not a fucking electrician but I believe charging speed varies by output, therefor dont charge from a computer, only straight from the wall plug

my old galaxy s3 gets about 3 days idle time, that's with stock lineage on it. changed its battery some months ago, makes a great difference. I just want a modern-ish smallphone, but s3 is still somewhat comfy.

Buy a flagship from after 2014. Problem solved.
Battery life on smartphones just isn't a problem anymore, even on iPhones.

USB-C already supports like 3 or 4 different fast-charge protocols from major phone manufacturers, and micro-b will never be able to do fast file transfers and charging at the same time. Thunderbolt 3 (which some phones support) can supply 110w of power over a single jack. That's 5-8 times faster than a normal USB port.

>What if phones had multiple usb ports? could you charge it faster?
Theoretically, with USB specification compliant standards.
Didn't you hear about the 3rd party "quick charge" standards yet?

You can quickly charge even most cheap Chinese smart phones nowadays. Not just the flagship phones, as said.

> only lasting 16 hours
And you don't want to charge from a power bank? Well, get a new phone.

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

Attached: xiaomi-mi8.jpg (1024x768, 71K)

Instead of 1 phone by dont we just have 4 phones so that when one dies we can use the other 3.

If you had multiple smaller batteries and charged each with a different usb-c, it would charge faster, but would add a lot of plugs or a big fat fucking monster plug with tentacle arms. The phone would also be fatter, because the internal wiring would be larger.

>beef curtains on the phone

>stock
>lineage
Pick both

i should have wrote "default lineage"

>dies quickly
>charges slow

Lemme guess, youve had this phone for a while? Or perhaps you use car chargers? Youre battery is shot. Just replace it.

>your phone over 10 days old
>you should buy a new phone
>why you keep that old crap?
>are you poor?

If they're gonna remove the headphone jack they should at least add some more USB ports in return.

Why don't you just buy a box of matches? They're a lot cheaper and simpler to use

Holy shit that's actually groundbreaking

What if phones had 8 AWG lugs and you just bolted it down into the charger and charged at 40 amps

which phone has thunderbolt 3 support, me negro friend?

The micro usb is not that good for charging. A battery that can charge super fast will hold less total mAh than a normal battery the same size.

That explains the microwaved iPhone I got handed to fix at tech school.

Wat. There was a trick like wirh NiCd or NiMh, but lithium chemistries can simply do this, their power isn't really closely related to the USB spec.