Japanese capacitors

>Japanese capacitors
What is this meme desu?

Attached: _20190221_173535.jpg (1079x1008, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I assume it's related to this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
But that was caused by filthy fucking nipmonkeys so it doesn't make sense.

Attached: nip invasion.png (659x475, 107K)

Because chinese capacitors are known to be shit.
But that doesn't make the whole "japanese capacitors" thing not a fucking dumb meme.

Attached: chinese_capacitors.jpg (800x514, 92K)

As opposed to chinese capacitors.

Protip: they're usually just chinese capacitors, specs are not legally binding

folded 10,000 times

Japanese made capacitors like from Nichicon and Nippon Chemi-Con are generally using a better chemical mix and can handle heat much better.

Chinese made caps by companies like Ltec, Teapo, OST or Capxon are garbage, their efficiency is bad due to shit chemicals and they have heat issues, most rarely surviving sustained temperatures above 30C (Capxon is amazingly bad.

>nichicon
>capxon
Which one will you pick?

Caps made by the chinamen are fucking horrible. Anyone who actually works with them knows this.

this

Ideally you'd want to have soviet or north korean caps. Those last forever because there is no planned obsolescense in those countries.

One of my monitors is an LG that stopped turning on after it was five years old because the Chinese capacitors on the power supply board crapped out. I replaced them with Japanese ones and now "Japanese capacitors" is a selling point that I look for.

It's still important to pay attention to the actual specs of the capacitors in certain applications, like motherboards, and PSUs, japanese caps are good and all, but if you're using under-specced japanese caps, they're still going to shit out earlier than properly specced caps.

so yes, look for nip caps, but that's only part of it.

The shell is for safety reasons.

Funny thing is that Panasonic makes some of the nicest caps on the market, and they use them in all of their consumer products, so in many circumstances their consumer electronics are the best to buy if you are worried about longevity.

Superior Nipponese capacitors charged over 10,000 times by the masters of the Toshiba style.

Obviously you've got to pick the right ones for your application. All else equal, though, Chinese caps make a product far more likely to fail within the first decade. A manufacturer advertising Japanese caps is advertising that their product is built to last in ways that may not be obvious to laymen. That may or may not be true, but even the fact that they recognize that as a virtue earns them points in my book.

because japanese means reliability.

Attached: tl.jpg (500x415, 137K)

The shell has a different rating printed on it buddy

Same meme as Japanese wood keyboards.

Japan used to be known as a manufacturer of high end electronics, just like the USA was 10 years earlier. That being said they probably actually care about the quality of the products they put out. China gives no fucks, they make children's toys out of lead and baby formula out of plastic. It's hard to imagine they give a shit about the quality of the electronic components they manufacturer.

The Chinese stole information on a new generation electrolytes from Japan and started churning out capacitors ... that later blew up due to formation of hydrogen. The Japanese had some more secrets that ensured their capacitors did not explode.

Thus Japanese capacitors are better unless you are looking for things that go KA-BOOM in the night.

God smd shit is made in japan and shipped globally.
Chinks will recycle anything and you won't know the brand.
Daily reminder Japan was the chink shit of back then, so that how bad things have gotten. Luckily Japanese society cares about reputation, and quality over maximizing profits and reduce quality, as well as helping their country men with jobs. Before trump and MAGA, a Japanese company was more likely to have something made in the USA, over american companies especially those 30+ ones

As to opposite of low quality 100% Chinese capacitors.
What did you think?

Attached: 1550742956093.jpg (231x218, 5K)

japanese capacitors complain less, have higher capacity and even retain their energy in post-working hours
however, usually after five years japanese capacitors burn out and turn to a hikikomori lifestyle and start to rely on their mother board for electricity, so be aware of that. chinese capacitors on the other hand usually blow themselves out or jump off a motherboard, so if you are doing a tower build, you should think about installing suicide nets.

Japan used to be ahead and higher quality in the 70's and 80's, but that's pretty much it, well I guess the Japanese (over US) transistor revolution did start in the 60's already though. This changed in the 90's and has till now. QC used to be also highly regarded.
Capacitors on the other hand are okay, far better than the chink alternative.

I put a chink PSU in some Stacy's PC at work and it exploded and she nearly pissed herself