*sipps*

*sipps*
Mid-2000s laptops?
Now THOSE were some solid machines

Attached: 20190221_210021.jpg (2268x4032, 1.85M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice

Some of them even had a service hatch directly under the fan so you could sweep the dust out. Imagine that.

I lost the screw that holds the hard drive in and now it can slide out with basically zero effort for swapping purposes and also this was a cheap laptop but the speakers are better than my modern expensive laptops!

Damn, I have an Inspiron E1705 exactly like this pic. Still runs pretty well for a 12 year old laptop.

Not really. Many of them suffered from shitty Nvidia / ATI discrete GPU's that were prone to failure. Intel iGPU's were a god send for laptops.

mmmmm

Attached: 1540406347589.png (576x442, 157K)

Intel graphics existed at this time my man
There's a few generations before the ones in my rig too
Mid 2000s was comfy as shit

Attached: file.png (681x542, 36K)

I grew up with a Dell Latitude D630. My school used D630s. Eventually my high school had a class where they taught how to repair computers and we learned on old D630s. I still have 2 of them I use sometimes to host servers. My office has a stack of them and I set up our PBX on one. These laptops are still kicking all these years later and I can't seem to escape them.

>Mid-2000s laptops?
>Now THOSE were some solid machines
They were pieces of shit to use.

just look at OP's fucking laptop
You can literally see where his hands rested as he used it. I bet that thing has seen some shit, how much does a laptop have to be used for the fucking paint to wear off like that? Holy fuck

Had one of those, upgraded it to windows 7. For whatever fucking reason couldn't get the x300 ati driver to install again

install gentoo

Attached: 2018-12-25-003637_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 1.02M)

Best thinkpad hardware design. Everything is on it for a reason, there are no retarded bezels that scream "we saved costs, fuck you"

Attached: t60p.jpg (1600x1200, 285K)

>Xamp
Use virtual machines with the services you need you stupid NIGGER CATTLE

Attached: middle.jpg (360x360, 20K)

I'm making a purposely hackable rig

>mom look I said some stupid shit just to be a contrarian
Shit's no different from a purely functional standpoint than any modern regular laptop with a dGPU, and there were plenty of Intel, S3, Neomagic or whatever other dog shit worthless IGPs choose from if you so badly wanted something useless for an extra 30 minutes of battery life.

Why would I need a dedicated GPU in a laptop?

not who you're talking to, but i have a laptop i use only for remote solidworks usage
there are things you can use a gpu for besides games

i used to like things back then

Attached: DSC06476.jpg (1920x1080, 734K)

I have an Inspiron 1501 from 2006 that runs like a champ.

I think you could run Debian stable on that one, the current version with the 4.9 kernel.

no, they were shit.
>vm on a single core celeron
laptops weren't as powerful back then
/thread

>solid machine
>missing a bunch of keys

literally posting from that exact laptop.
except the only key mine is missing is backspace

>no retarded bezels that scream "we saved costs, fuck you"
then where is the red LED to dot the "i"?

As a person who used one for years I do not cry back that time. Those laptops were horrible.
After using one for a week you were crying for something like a Macbook Air, although you didn't know such a thing was possible back then.

naw. got a cupboard load of 90s laptops / bits that look as bad. 1 machine lasted 1 month out of 12 month warranty, brand new. JUNK. what is the obsession with JUNK on /g any hardware of major obscurity / interest is interesting, anything different .. a generic PC from the mid 90s is JUNK, not interesting. ew the microsoft era GET THAT OUT OF MY SIGHT

Attached: xxx.jpg (1342x1015, 191K)

what the fuck was 'solid' about inspirons.
badly flawed. dodgy power plug socket (too small, used to wear out) .. the case hinge. too flimsy heavy useage, a few years, it would blow apart, irresolveable without major rebuild/bits. horrible shitty thin keyboard. ran these for years THROW IT AWAY. JUNK

based user.

or recycle it, of course. not that anyone is recycling anything anymore -- plastic saturation has arrived. there is nowhere to put it other than landfills (which is happening with plastic collected for 'recycling', now) (or it's being burnt now, reportedly in the US (trump idiocy/regressiion) - as the chinese have quite reasonably stopped accepting it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
had that on dell dimension

No retarded gimmicks.
>Everything is on it for a reason

install jwm