How does this make you feel?

How does this make you feel?

Attached: 86FCF9F7-4D22-4EF4-BE9A-823AC7CC4B81.jpg (938x400, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0_kZoYqcpB4?t=227
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4bHqTxT68E
youtube.com/watch?v=XV6oMsI68gY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thinkpad it and you got yourself a deal

"Hey Steve, what if we made a laptop with no screen?"

Why would someone get this and not a laptop ? Why would you not have a screen ?

In before some Gibsontard

Wouldn't it be better to just use a miniPC and attach a USB keyboard

This isn't the 80's anymore where buying commodores in one piece was an actual savings worth having

Attached: macbook-air-envelope.jpg (600x481, 46K)

Where's my neural interface, chummer?

already been done

Attached: 1200px-Commodore-64-Computer-FL.jpg (1200x678, 101K)

Attached: atari.jpg (3060x2000, 2.15M)

>Spills drink

can i install trisquel on it?

I can see a modern iteration of this concept working with USB both delivering power and acting as the display out. Most older keyboard PCs suffer from requiring multiple cables for the display and power, etc.

Use a low power 4.5 watt CPU and SSD and you can have a pretty decent family PC or office machine. Though i'd say the keyboard deck portion should be easily swappable for maintenance.

Ultimately not really practical as some kind of MiniPC though.

I prefer "An Entire Computer in a Laptop".

*rips screen off of x220*
woah dude

carrying around

This
And also this

Not bad, one less component that can die

Dude what if...
We took a screen that's got the computer
And a keyboard that's a computer
And put 'em together

Frag off

Why didn’t this keyboard desktop-PC form factor carry on between then and now?

Is it a mechanical keyboard?

Asus did this a few years back, it was stupidly underpowered and overheated a bunch

Because laptops + docking stations = kill to that device.

I have a used HP book with good specs(i7 7k series, 32gb ram, m.2 512GB ssd added in a 1TB HDD, Nvida M1200M 4GB (similar to a 750Ti on benchmarks) got it used for a cheap price, bought a dock for 30 bucks and can extend to 3 monitors + laptop screen. Basically a desktop replacement for what I came from, and it's portable

fpbp. Add a trackpoint and we're dealing with some potential.

I think it's a great idea.

How original!

youtu.be/0_kZoYqcpB4?t=227

I had one.
>be me
>8 yo
>have personal laptop
>angry mom snaps screen, because I don't want to do school homework, and I "had enough warnings"
>plug CRT into VGA
>GTA:SA intensifies.
>homework still isn't done

It would be freaking epic if it came with some kind of monitor that was slim and powered by the computer itself

We can put one in you today. The bandwidth isn't great and it's not guaranteed to last.

>a laptop without a screen
revolutionary

>Not mechanical.
Into the trash it goes.

Used to be the norm in the 80's.

Keyboards break easily.
Plus every time you used it, you move the actual computer much more than necessary.
Makes no sense to continue that for anything but portability.

Nostalgic. Reminds me of the A1200 we had. Which got sold a couple years later to make way for a Playstation. The Playstation games were superior in every way. But it was a console. I missed having a complete computer.

>8 yo
>GTA:SA
When I was 8 that game was only on PS2.

I'm zoomer.

We are just going backwards.

Nano computers when.

I'm barely gen Y myself.

I thought it'd be neat to have a C64 style design with modern hardware and was pretty thrilled to find out they already exist. I've been meaning to pick up a chink one

>Be CEO of computer company
"The prebuilt PC market is oversaturated and we need a competitive edge for our product. Get some of those overpaid dickweeds in marketing and design to come up with a gimmick to make our product stand out."
>Be marketer
>Need to design new PC
>tell designers retro is kind of hot right now
>Look up legendary 80s computers
>see Commodore 64
>1. computer electronics entirely contained inside keyboard
>2. Case is sturdy made from hard plastic
>3. Keyboard is rugged and will last a decade of hard use without maintenance
>4. Computer comes with schematics and is user serviceable in almost every way
>5. Hardware specs make it possible to play current games for the time it was released
>Ignore points 2, 3, 4, 5 and expect new design to be legendary
>Still an overpaid marketing dickweed

Smartphones and other locked down devices are the next iteration of the computer.

I've been looking for something like this, if only it was 1/2 the price of real laptops of same spec. headless laptops is useless, if I need a screen, I can always plug an HDMI/DP to a real monitor for quick maintenance.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4bHqTxT68E

Get that drokk outta here.

Attached: decker rig.jpg (5312x2988, 1.85M)

cool, w2c those stickers?

not suprising, laptops have been pretty much doing this for a few decades

woah this is so revolutionary, why has no one thought of this idea before?

Attached: amiga internet.jpg (1189x833, 259K)

Is that a shitty Q series Asus Laptop keyboard from like 2013?

So, it's like a laptop but without the top part?

Nobody is claiming that it’s a new idea you absolute retard, everyone knows about the Commodore, stop being an edgy contrarian fucking sperg

this would be a good idea in a world where people walked around all day and then stopped at places that just have free HDMI ports on screens at coffee shops and libraries

vesa-mounted pcs make more sense
- can choose/replace keyboard
- no less portable
- completely out of sight

Attached: photo.php.jpg (1500x1500, 525K)

Just wear a mixed reality headset.

the way it's supposed to, garnished with the text, you scientist you.

It is worse it is an eeepc

It'd be nostalgic for me, but I'd rather have a small board that's separate from the hair and spilled drink receptacle.

Well, think about it, other than looking different, what advantage does a keyboard AIO actually have especially in the modern world against desktops, laptops or traditional built-in monitor AIOs?

Harder to build, harder to repair, harder to cool, harder to expand, harder to move, bulkier, I/O layout leads to excessive cable spaghetti, far more vulnerable to damage from spills and similar mishaps, the list goes on.

The only people that form factor truly appealed to were first-time buyers and hobbyists that either couldn't afford a monitor or just didn't take home computing seriously enough to justify buying one. It's a fine idea if you're mostly just wanting a programmable gaming console to attach to your TV and play with twice a week, another thing entirely if you're looking to actually get real work done in an effective manner, there's a reason anything actually good back then was still in a traditional desktop/deskside or larger monitor AIO form factor.

Attached: r85r5612.jpg (5296x4334, 1.16M)

We already have entire computer in a screen.

why is the amiga internet defense force so obsessed with crediting their favorite childhood console for every little thing that ever happened in the 80s, they didn't even invent this form factor you obnoxious faggot hipsters

Are those little glasses monitor handmade? If not, where can I buy a pair?

it was the cheapest way to make a computer, have it all in one box which hooks up to a TV
once people started really buying computers, and more mass production lead to cheaper hardware, dedicated computer monitors started making more sense, computers started getting their own permanent desk space

I'd use this because all I need is a word processor and an internet browser, but then again I'm not your average Jow Forums user.

Yep, exactly. You got it.

I don't know what those are or if they're handmade, but I do know that some models of drone FPV goggles can be connected to a PC as a monitor with some fuckery.
Here's some guy mumbling about how he did it.
youtube.com/watch?v=XV6oMsI68gY

Makes me wish I could have my front USB's and audio be on the keyboard

So, a fucking laptop?

Computer design returns to the 1970s at last

Old concept, but it does have potential in certain markets.
I guess it would be cheaper when upgrading since you'd be re-using the monitor, assuming the thing doesn't allow upgrading.
I've seen something similar with a RPi3, but less polished and less I/O.
IMO it would be lighter and cheaper alternative than laptops/desktops in workplace.

Attached: raspcherry-pi_inside-625x352.jpg (625x352, 58K)

Like this?

Attached: FXQ0ZVZIRAW0L4W.LARGE.jpg (1024x576, 56K)

This would make an excellent minimalist Amiga emulation platform, but only if it comes in white/beige and a big enough space for a Commodore/Amiga sticker
That would be the tits

Wouldn't have worked with mechanical storage

fuck, those original RPi part displays are so fucking bad and they're not improving at all. like, early 2000s bad.

I'd just get a phone display and hook an ebay display driver to it.

Neato

Except it did.

this

>An entire computer in a chip!

Attached: interdasting_.jpg (589x486, 82K)

I had this idea before, although I realised keyboards are shit and over time become nasty, or have issues double clicking or getting stuck or whatever.

So, it's pretty shit. What would be better is a case for a caddy where you could slide the computer into the keyboard, and they sold like slide-in parts separate from the keyboard, so if the keyboard had a problem or got old you could replace it.

As one unit, it's dumb. Just get a laptop if you are going to make it a non-modular piece of shit.

Reminds me of the Amiga 2013 version with an Intel i5.

Nostalgic.

Attached: amiga epic.jpg (1920x840, 428K)

Saying this should be grounds for a ban since you have to be over 18 to visit the site.

dont they already do those computer in a thumbstick thing

The display is when there's no monitor.
You can hook up a CRT TV through analog or Digital through HDMI.
Thanks, My next project is making it more aesthetic using pic related, but I need 3D printer for it, and honstely it would cost a lot than I really want to spend, also I was thinking of using RPi0 but it's weak, and I've yet to find decent slim hub that I can use.

Attached: 48074-742x501.jpg (742x501, 69K)

my friend, I hate to tell you but it's already 2019 and damn zoomers are over 18 by now

Attached: kurt_russell.jpg (634x1024, 59K)

I doubt constant vibrations from tapping on a keyboard will do well for the lifespan of a mechanical drive

want to guess what laptops used for storage before ssd's?

And then you add a mouse that's a computer and you have a computer that can be a whole lan-party by itself

Attached: 2019-02-22-121046_789x438_scrot.png (789x438, 316K)

Core rope memory

This is the most retarded post I have ever seen. A SCREEN FUCKING FOLDS.

Come home, white man

Attached: commodore-amiga-500.jpg (640x416, 135K)

Just buy a NUC and add a screen and a keyboard if you need it.

Attached: 0044018_0.jpg (1000x750, 91K)

>Tiny display on mouse
This bothers me so goddamn much.

If you wanted to connect it to a different screen it would have to be open the whole time which means you would need to type with and angled screen you're not using getting in your way.

>buy a laptop
>only use it in a location where a desktop could be used

does that make sense to you?

Zoomers (gen z) is commonly accepted to be people born between ~1995 to ~2006.
This means that about half of the zoomers today are above 18 years old.

>3d printed mouse
>could have been any shape at all
>still looks like it was carved out of a piece of wood using an axe

Maybe I can talk my boss to get these, instead of replacing every desktop we have, or getting iMacs.

Amiga 600 and 1200, Atari Falcon and a lot of other computers say you are wrong.

Those are the millenials, all raised to be special snowflakes

aka a laptop without a screen
aka a commodore 64

millenials reach adulthood at 1999-2001 ish era
my mither is a millenial