Whats this

just found this in a computer i bought. what is it ?

Attached: IMG_20190222_000818_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 3.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

h1.csssr.ru/#v1:0:18:4::::::
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibre_Channel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that's gentoo, you need to reinstall it

Sfp

ths other port is ethernet i think it be a physical wire tapping thingy but i cant open it

Attached: IMG_20190222_000903_HHT - Copy.jpg (4000x3000, 3.1M)

it's what the chinese use to spy on you, my man

Fiber interconnect

you wanna buy it ? i got a spare router i could use to do test but im not that much of an expert in the field

h1.csssr.ru/#v1:0:18:4::::::

i think it might be the russians

Dildo

lel fucking tech illiterates
it's fibre not fiber
different things

0/10, work at it.

It's a transceiver

its a tpm module

>tpm module
no thats in another box

SFP

Attached: 14302a_11.jpg (1200x1200, 77K)

Its the fast AF part of a switch.I had one but my black friend stole it.

Attached: 1543062572822.jpg (352x240, 22K)

its an SFP. its not for wiretapping. what is the part number on top of it?

some of these are capable of 10GB ethernet.

It's an >SFP to cat6 adapter

user is right though. It's Fibre Channel.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibre_Channel

Attached: 1280px-SFP-DD_SMT_17c.png (1280x772, 289K)

It's an Ethernet sfp. Generally use for Enterprise networking equipment. Weird that it would be in a consumer machine.

Attached: 61KyoIXHOkL._SX425_.jpg (425x411, 20K)

>every cable in muh computer is CIA wurrtap

Quivering autist

Normal RJ45 over Cat5 is even capable of 10GbE.
Cat5 isn't guaranteed to work though, specially over distances, but I've had it work with 10GbE.
There are 50 USD PCIe network cards with RJ45 connectors that do 10GbE.

>DP

lewd

its PHY adapter its like a penis you can change

> american

It's Intel ME user. Congrats on being the first to fully remove it

Yeah we used to use these in the CIA all the time back when I was a secret agent in the old days. Back then we would put them in old computers and listen to and watch gay men fisting each other while they were posting in Jow Forums desktop threads. These things have a secret camera in them

'er' is the americsn way of doing things, though...

An SFP port. Give it back Aaron.

You don't have a networking department that has a fucking million of these things until one is actually needed?

I swear our network idiots throw them at eachother in some retard version of tag.

>bought a server but doesn't know anything about servers

> You don't have a networking department that has a fucking million of these things until one is actually needed?
...No.
The last time our company needed them, the admin responsible for that project had to buy some SFPs off Craigslist, they were probably stolen, but who cares.

3MB jpegs.
KYS.

Oh my god OP, a bomb!

דיי לגעת הפרטנר פייבר רון

oh noes, the poneposter is mad!!!

Attached: zoomer not happy.png (434x327, 37K)

this is actually not true, cat5 usually goes only up to 100mb, cat5e on the other hand goes above a gig. the thing op posted is called a gbic, i used to work for holland's biggest fibre company Kpn, and i had to replacce them on a daily basis. internet connection in ur home goes from ur modem > into an NT > glass fibre cable through the streets that end up in a pop, that building has a bunch of things with Dslam cards on em. the dslam cards hold those things, u pop one of those suckers in the card and u can hook up 1 or sometimes 2 connections to different houses by rx and tx sides together with a lil glass fibre cable.

But u usually dont find the gbics in home computers, it is possible though, but highly unlikely. to satisfy ur curiosity, they are not really worth anything to you, or on the web desu. i gota few of em lying around the house still, cables too.

Oh wait, did i just write all that, i mean its a wire tap

Handgun magazine

kek

*clip

10 gbase-T gbics are worth a lot actually, i would be curious to see if it's gbe or 10gbe gbic

How can you care about that in CURRENT_YEAR?