twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I use the superior dwm

Not enough cores.

Its perfect

>have to set split direction before spawning a new window
>constantly change window size in all directions because OCD
>have to spend mental effort to determine where you gonna spawn the new window
>have to spend mental effort on parent child relation of windows
>have to read 2000 lines of manual to configure it to your liking and use it somewhat effectively with all hotkeys

this use dwm for a saner. less autistic. less OCD driven alternative.

i3 is literally deprecated.

>Having to compile shit everytime you want to change some setting
>less autistic

i3 is based as fuck.

Sway is better.

>HURR DURR COMPILING

Attached: dwmcompile.webm (1366x768, 782K)

For retards. Incredibly inefficient.
StumpWM shits on it so hard it's not even funny.

bspwm is better

>"no, it isn't"

>"yes, it is"

I recently started using DWM after having stuck with Ratpoison/Stump for years. I quite like not having to bother actually defining a layout, most of the time the default is fine.

I can't comment on i3 specifically since I've never used it.

Tiling WMs are and will always be a meme for autistic NEETs

How exactly is it ineffficient? Werks fine for me™
Gaps autism is retarded of course if you mean that.

>he's not an autistic NEET

Attached: 1550620052766.png (500x522, 114K)

Is that the "cat -v harmful stuff" guy?

This user gets it.

dont you have to close everything and restart dwm for the changes?

A "minimal" desktop for retards

>video has the answer to his question
>asks the question regardless
Let me spell it out for you: NO.

YES.

I've been using it for few months now.
I was expecting /comfy/ no fat interface. The truth is I'm too lazy to rice so I kept using it with minor tweaks and the default bar. Didn't even change the color theme.
I might end up using KDE or something, since beside emacs, the rest of my usage is point and click, and shitposting.
I don't even like tiling that much lmao. It's a pain to work with pop ups like matplotlib plot figures.

Babby's first tiling wm.
Literally any wm is better.

xmonad is the ultimate window manager. Everything else is for gays.

I use dwm at work and I get my shit done in half the time senior boomers do.

BSPWM master race reporting in

best wm. for single screen usage you can't beat it, anything else feels like slow dumb retard computing. If you've got two or more monitors though I don't know how useful it is, I probably wouldn't use it if I didnt have it installed on my thinkpad. But I love the fuck out of it on that thing

only thing worth using for xorg

What other window managers have you tried?

Why?

Bro. Its fucking simple

>cd dwm
>vim config.h
>make your changes
>save
>sudo make clean install
>close terminal
>ctrl+shift+q
>startx

Takes 12 seconds. I'm not a ricing faggot

This thing uses 200M mem to display 3 frames with 2 xterms. Lisp is disgusting.

it's a shitty meme
as soon as xfce supports high DPI, it will be the only choice as it can be riced beautifully

That's nice and all but it is not an alternative for someone who does not program and hence doesn't want a compiler installed in his system.

this but only because binary space partitioning is the best

why else would John Carmack use it in the greatest game engine created

Mate i don't really know any programming languages.

>doesn't want a compiler installed in his system

Mate, its just a couple of dependencies. You make it sound like its a sin to have a compiler.

no i meant he did it without restarting dwm
idk he has two X sessions each in own tty

this.

do you think it will ever happen?

I'm pretty sure GCC with the dependencies is something like 200MB~700MB I don't really remember how much though.

Maybe TCC is indeed the viable option here.

well, given the lack of impetus to migrate to wayland, i doubt it for some time still
in the mean time, you can do this to get high DPI working: forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=159064

Herbsluftwm is cute

i like it ...!

is that the window manager stoned anime girls use?

What does it offer over other wms?

Nigger you have 150gb hdd or some shit?

tcc produces terribly optimized executables when compared to gcc or clang. The only case where it's useful is when compiling a very large C program to test it on the fly.
However, unless you have severe storage limitations (extremely unlikely these days) there is absolutely no reason to use it over gcc to compile the shit you're actually going to use.

I have linux on 2 PCs, both are 15~20GB partitions with the rest being the windows install partitions that were there way before.

And as a matter of fact one is 120GB SSD and the other is a 250GB HDD.

Well, if you are installing a WM because it's not bloated, and you don't particularly compile software with the exception of software that don't use config likes, then TCC becomes the only unbloated choice, otherwise you might as well just install i3 as the overall bloat of the system will be smaller.

i3 and all intel's are trash

It's perfect because from its inception it's been held to clean coding standards and documentation. It performs well and I'll never not use a tiling window manager now

>anything else feels like slow dumb retard computing
Based

If you're taking the time to poke around in an autistic config file, chances are you do the same in source code.
And if you're on a barebones Unix like OS, you're going to have to build at least one thing from source 99% of the time, even if you never look at code. Package managers aren't going to cover anything and everything you might need.
Being absolutist with your minimalism isn't very helpful desu ne kurasai

The problem is that most of the ricer fags are brainlets and would never be able to patch and configure dwm

Not necessarily.

When I put debian minimal on my old desktop, guess what? Not a single thing compiled, and no compiler installed.
Same thing if I want to setup a minimal linux install for someone else, with config files they can change the config, especially if there is some software for it, not so much with compiling, which is why when I did that, I also used debian minimal, and guess what? No compiler either.

I use dwm and this fag is correct.
A C compiler is bloat if you're not programming.
I use it because it just werkz and it just werkz well, I don't give a shit about minimalism.

i3 is shit because it's shit from a purely functional point of view, I couldn't care less about minimalism. i3 has bad tiling modes and actually adds distraction, defying the point of a tiling wm. That's why I use dwm and compile it with gcc.

SBCL reserves a large chunk of virtual memory, it's not actually using that much.

the only correct response in this entire thread

Really useful. That's about it.

Attached: 1530173139529.png (601x469, 217K)

>iiit's perfect
ftfy

>Distracted by i3
>adhd nerd

when i'm working on something, i don't want to be distracted by setting up my i3 layout so that it doesn't get in the way of my work. stacking works better for me, and tiling puts me out of my comfort zone no matter how hard and long i try to get used to it. it's like dijkstra said about BASIC mutilating the mind for life.

Try dwm, awesome or xmonad. See if you still believe i3 isn't just adding mental overhead.

it's impossible to put windows in the correct positions, at the the correct sizes, whilst using those windowing systems

how?

I3 is the most retarded faggot nu-wm there exists. Only retarded archfags from Reddit use this retarded piece of trash wm. Literally every other wm is better than this piece of garbage.

i love i3

Attached: fetch.png (1366x768, 834K)

Why?

built on wayland, which means tearing- and flicker-free display
also more features such as integrated support for gaps and some other very neat stuff
sway is rapidly closing in on a 1.0 release (they're at rc3 now), so it's a very good time to try it out
github.com/swaywm/sway

I use i3 for some time and never had a problem with it. Why do people say it is shit compared to others wm? Never saw anything I couldn't do on i3.

How what???

1. Editor hotkey that compiles c programs with tcc (pause it at the right frame to see it compiling)
2. Desktop hotkey that kills dwm (then it auto-restarts cuz dwm is started in a while loop in xinitrc)
3. profit?

Vim is just Emacs for the mentally impaired.

>tfw I have NVIDIA GPUs in my machines
when will Wayland be usable on NVIDIA graphics cards?

When NVIDIA stops being faggots, so never.