Youtube Shooting its own foot, again

Is youtube lead by retards or what?
Are they so desperate do please ads that they will fuck their entire system?
Does those idiots don't think how their mechanics can be exploited?

Attached: what.png (991x641, 506K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5google.com/2019/02/21/youtube-ads-pulled-child-videos/
vidlii.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube is gay and needs to die

good
i was using youtube before the entitled generation came along and said "pay me for making videos!"
hopefully they'll all leave youtube for another platform and youtube can go back to being a site for people who enjoy making videos, instead of a site for e-beggars

>demonetizing videos based on comments.
great.
another tool for us to demonetize videos.
>I'm gonna post the N-word

>>Are they so desperate do please ads that they will fuck their entire system?
Yes. They literally do not give half a shit about anything except raking in eyeballs and selling them to advertisers. This is why any ad-funded platform eventually gets shittier and shittier, because it evolves to suit what advertisers want, which is generally the opposite of what users want.

>nb4 mass censorship of comments for muh advertisement money

Wait, how does that work ? Do they mean the comments of the channel's author or the comments below the video ? The latter would be only to give youtube an excuse to demonetize any video they want.
This is an unprecedented level of greed, seriously fuck capitalism.

Makes sense economically.

You know, if someone really wanted to, they would have a pretty easy time fucking with people and abusing the system until it became too inefficient to function, simply by posting "illegal comments" under random videos. Just an idea haha.

lol fuck monetizing.

>This is an unprecedented level of greed, seriously fuck capitalism.
what makes you think this would be different under any other system? If Youtube was some kind of employee-run co-op they'd have the exact same financial incentives. If it was government-run or otherwise under some kind of public ownership it'd still face a lot of pressure to censor content - just slightly different kinds of content (stuff that displeases politicians instead of stuff that displeases advertisers)

Why does YouTube make video uploaders moderate YouTube comments

based
let's spam leftists youtubers' comment sections into bankrupsy

If I told you what system we should use this thread would get demonetised for containing illegal opinions.

Look at this retard lol

They want channel owners to censor to Youtube's liking, rather than do it themselves.

You are retarded, but I do agree that old YouTube was much better

>>I'm gonna post the N-word
user

Attached: LCHj0sR.jpg (900x900, 52K)

I'm just gonna go ahead and comment this...

Attached: 1525694268395.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Don't worry I've got YouTube Premium Family Plan
I can say the N-word twice per month except during Black History Month

YouTube was the best when it was random people uploading random stuff. I agree on this one as well.

>inappropriate comments could result in your video receiving limited or no ads

You know what to do about videos you don't like, Jow Forums.

Attached: smug boy.png (894x894, 473K)

It was The Algorithm that did it
Upload too often? Deranked
Upload too rarely? Deranked
Videos too short? Deranked
Videos too long? Overranked
Creators who didn't follow the YouTube recommended schedule would get punished and lose exposure
Ever since The Algorithm took over, it's gone to shit.

Same with Facebook
Facebook was actually kind of cool 10 years ago when it was just new posts all the time, instead of The Algorithm deciding which posts you deserved to see

You're thinking too small. Let's spam content on all ""youtube creator"" videos. The entire site & surrounding culture is cancer.

>giving all of the power to all of the "i'm gonna say the n-word" faggots
Youtube needs new leadership badly

no, it was creators that did it. Youtube was kind of cool ~15 years ago when it was random videos, instead of "celebrities" trying to make a living via ads.

>Ever since The Algorithm took over, it's gone to shit.
there was always an algorithm though

I think the main thought is that (at least for ultra-big corps) money shouldn't be the ultimate goal, but contributing to society should.
Ensuring this without creating a totalitarian shitfest along the way however could be impossible.

>Ensuring this without creating a totalitarian shitfest along the way however could be impossible.
this is what brainlets fail to realize
you can't force humans to act for the better of society
no economic can fix the fact that people are greedy immoral fuckheads

>pedos turn youtube's algorithms into a pedo and norms go berzerk
this is the most internet thing

>I'M GONNA SAY IT!

Attached: 1550826513941.jpg (634x870, 70K)

BTW, what's Jow Forums's opinion on dtube?
And steem in general.

*types nigger in ur comment section*
*demonetizes ur video*

This only started because some youtube channels started calling youtube a pedophile supporter. This is the action that was done to try to stop this.

This.
Will it?
No.

Yes an algorithm
But I'm talking about The Algorithm
Different things

Subscribe to pewdiepie

this

>illegal comments
wtf, how is speech illegal?

Leftist and Orwellian ideology. Speech is not a human right, it's a privilege.

They're doing this shit on purpose because they don't want to give smaller channels ad revenue anymore, for years now they've been trying to mainstreamify youtube by bringing on the big news corps. They promote the shit out of fake NPC creator's channels who align with what they want and suffocate the actual independent ones. This will just be another small step in the big plan.

It only shows you shit that you've already seen.
My feed is full of shit that I already know and I'm sick of it.
Make a new account.
Wait 2 days.
Feed is basically the my history of the last 2 days. Fuck.
And then there are the "content creators" and "influencer".
>Don't forget to follow and
>Smash dat like button
>Also follow me on:
>*enumeration of 100 different cancer sites*

Ninnymuggins

Attached: file.png (400x410, 45K)

Proven out by Rewind getting worse every year
YouTube's leader (who also led and subsequently sabotaged Google Video back in the day) is desperate for it to become mainstream television but on the internet

What else?

>don't want to give smaller channels ad revenue
That means Google doesn't get any revenue either. Unless they literally push ads on non-monetized videos.

Doubt the policy is universal, notice the word "could".
Pretty sure they'll take on moderation of right channels, because killing comments everywhere is just plain dumb, people would use other social media to comment, and that takes attention away.

Oh those are a treat really
>Make sure to smash the like button hit follow don't forget to subscribe
Bitch I haven't even watched the video yet, how can I already like it?

I'd still suck Marina Joyce's asshole until she couldn't shit straight for a month.

who?

And all this becuase some autismo pedo in denial went on a revenge-streaner-rage about r
the very thing he probably did on an everyday basis.

Attached: 1550155842130.jpg (1735x1159, 414K)

yep, we need a new old youtube...

Twitter does the same shit but egregiously worse
>Don't log into Twitter for two weeks
>Go on, my feed is a bunch of tweets in a seemingly random order from the last two weeks
>Celebrities at the top
>I have 50 notifications
>Every single fucking one of them is reminding me of a post that I didn't see in my feed because I wasn't logged in
>You cannot turn off these notifications, only select "show me less of these"
>Decide to do that for all 50 notifications
>Come back two weeks later
>Same shit happens exactly as before
>Delete Twitter and never, ever go back
Twitter is fucking trash and garbage and the worst of everything that mankind has to offer

You can't force people, sure, but we might be able to figure out how to incrementally improve the incentive system. That would be a start

>go on eceleb's videos
>post nigger in the comments
>laugh as they lose all their revenue

well good job, now they don't support anyone.

Based boomer

Remember to. Kill all vevo, Disney/trailers crap.

That's what bitchute is for retard

I'm kinda glad. I can see a discord-like disruption of YouTube in the future. YouTube has stagnated for a long time now and there is still so much innovation left in video streaming.

She tried to warn us

Attached: youtube-hq-shooting-2018-pics-4.jpg (800x622, 247K)

Who? Or is "what" more appropriate?

i hope youtube dies, all of these fags are scared they wont be able to make monmey anymore

Attached: fatass5687.jpg (300x168, 7K)

>seriously fuck capitalism.
Why are you blaming capitalism? This is purely political.

Awesome, now make a bot that spams non-advetiser friendly comments in every video.
Simple and great way to ruin youtube for everyone :^)

Attached: h.png (834x712, 35K)

Damn. I thought there was another dhooting at youtube HQ

15 years ago you were 12 and couldn't tell shit from quality if it smacked you over the head. Content became immensely better, but it came at a price of draconian regulations.

>YouTube sucking corporate cock for ad money is political

Attached: 5d6.jpg (600x600, 30K)

youtube leadership is hilariously incompetent

>Disney
9to5google.com/2019/02/21/youtube-ads-pulled-child-videos/
kek.

Only literal pedophiles disapprove with YouTube on this

Holy fuck. I love masturbating to lolis and even toddlercon on exhentai. But getting off on real girls is sick.

Hmm... Let's use this to our advantage and post inappropriate comments on videos we hate!

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x567, 25K)

Don't reply to me or my family ever again

When will they make toes illegal?

You mean right-wing retard breeding den? No thanks, fucker.

I agree, people shouldn't be paid for content regardless. Eventually these people's worlds will come crashing down on them when YouTube kicks the bucket and they need to apply to jobs with a resume being YouTube blogging. They'll be like these journalists getting fired from niche jobs, nobody else wants to hire them because they have no skills.

A checker at a small store or phone rep for some small startup that fails after 5 years still has customer service experience. Skills employers need.

>bad goyim use youtube so I can profit off your work and force hollyjew and marvel bullshit down your throat

>everything I don't like is right wing

uh yeah.

Unscrupulous assholes will hire mechanical turks to shitpost on Youtube to demonetize their enemies.

You don't think there's going to be a whitelist of popular/"correct" channels that they'll turn that off for? Look at This is America, that shit would require a login if it was on a smaller channel, and they promoted it

That's a fat bune

>combat horrible people
Which are NOT commiting any crimes
How is this not considered discrimination?

15 years ago I was 23. If you think youtube has gotten better in that time you must've been dropped on your head as a child, child.

>comments demonitize your channel
Guys, I think we should start watching CNN videos

Attached: 12911803322952.jpg (342x401, 19K)

Content used to be better, but paying youtubers is not inherently a bad thing. Think about the amount of content that is possible because there's funding for it. There would be a million people that you would never have seen because of financial constraints, not even for money for production but the simple fact that it takes a lot of time to make content and people have jobs and need money.

>corporatism is capitalism
Corporatism is closer to decentralized communism

This is a good point. I really don't understand how Google, which claims to be full of "brilliant minds", decided to demonetize videos instead of just ghosting user accounts which make "inappropriate" comments. It's like they're completely retarded..
>we don't like these pedo comments
>let's demonetize the video, lose money by removing ads, stop the youtubers from making money and possibly stop them from placing ads in future videos
>instead of just flagging pedo accounts and hide all comments their accounts make

France, then EU is preparing a law to tax Youtube when they don't delete hate speech in comments.
Since Youtube's business model is not to hire people to do the wordings police, they found the easiest way to do so:
You will cleanse your own toilets.

Attached: Ff8puffin.jpg (182x300, 29K)

The moment you start paying people for something their motives shift from "I like this and want to do it" to "what will make me the most money". In other words, paying youtubers directly led to the content becoming shittier, because it replaced passion and interest with money as the incentive to upload videos.

>There would be a million people that you would never have seen
There wouldn't, because I stopped watching youtube about 5 years ago. The only time I watch a vid now is when someone links someone to ridicule them.

>t-series for life
That nigger no longer has to work in his life even if google bans him from youtube.

vidlii.com/

Attached: scrot.png (1050x650, 392K)

Oh just another vid.me

>illegal comments

Attached: 679.jpg (400x300, 55K)

>a scandal gets formed over a non-issue which can't be solved without retarded solutions
>YouTube applies a retarded solution
>everyone is back to screaming
I see.

Does it mean i can get jewtubers demonetised just by posting illegal memes in the comments?

Attached: WOOD.jpg (206x250, 6K)

Youtube is an ad-funded platform that only survive of the few dollars of advertisers expecting his shtty ads reach some audience. The tweet show YT delete any video providing value to the users because clickbait are more suitable for ads.

Ad-funded internet and internet are incompatible. The whole tech industry is under the spell of utopian dogma where put Coca-Cola ads in pedo videos is permissible. They believe the ends (ads=$$$$) justify the means. Jow Forums was absolutely right when we warned you about this. You should have listened.

Attached: untitled.jpg (855x661, 80K)

This wont happen because as good a tool as it is for metadata mining, google seems unlikely to support a service that hemmorhages money like a demonitized youtube would

Whiny american larping sjws are not leftists, just fyi

>Corporatism is closer to decentralized communism

n-n-n-not real capitalism guys.