99% of websites are behind paywalls, captchas, and GDPR “accept cookies” pop ups

>99% of websites are behind paywalls, captchas, and GDPR “accept cookies” pop ups
>only decent site on the entire internet now will go behind user logins and possibly a paywall inevitably
Where were you when the free internet as you knew it died and (((capitalism))) won? Normies as usual, always fucking ruin everything.

Attached: 0BCCE637-D452-4838-A818-7D9F05E1443D.jpg (1536x673, 356K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/majestrate/nntpchan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Captchas aren't really an issue. GDPR popups can be hidden, they're literally useless.

>Only decent site
Fucking hell, Jow Forums is not that great.
It never was.

Learn to live with change. You're not willing to fund the site running but you still use it, and expect to use it, entirely for free.
Why the fuck should anyone else pay for your usage?

Get a fucking grip, user.

plenty of completely paranoid sites have started redirecting people based on geoip location to a page where you need to accept their cookies before you can even visit the original page you wanted, so far it's the most annoying thing about gdpr really as previously sites would just have a javascript popup that you could block

>only decent site on the entire internet
lol ok nigger

infinity Chan will just pick up the slack, that's the thing about capitolism, conpetition

>Jow Forums is not that great
it's shit actually

it was never free, it was being paid for by advertisers, and advertisers are the reason so much stuff became filled with lowest-common-denominator clickbait, to say nothing of all the spyware and tracking. Both those things were to get the most product (users) to sell to advertisers, and to give them a higher sale price.

Really what I hope happens to the internet in general is what has been going on in the newspaper world for some years: people decide they won't pay real money and websites start going out of business en masse.

Reminder.
>"no fun allowed"chan
>"disagree with Jow Forums or goobergate and get your posts deleted or shitposted into oblivion"chan
>"sunshine"chan
I'd rather stay here.

Attached: hiroshijew.png (1080x1920, 260K)

You're misunderstanding everything.
Unlike you, I don't give the slightest fuck about "muh business". wasabiman bought this website knowing full-well the implications. He knows (just as well as you do, if you look deep down past your big boy attitude) that this website costs next to nothing to run. He also knows(again, just like you) that there are way more than enough ads and pass users to cover the operating costs plus gravy. This website should not be his livelihood. It is self-sufficient. We don't need him or give a fuck about him. He should shut the fuck up and stay out of the way just like moot did. He wasn't born yesterday. He knows this is how people on an imageboard expect it to be run. He chose to be cheeky and buy it anyway, thinking he's going to call the shots and reinvent the wheel so he can pay for his chinese hookers. If you're fine with that, go ahead and cuck yourself and live by his rules. If you want to just browse your fucking website in peace (which only exists (for hiroshima to make money from) because YOU post content onto it), you should make it inconvenient for him to operate it in such a jewish way. If he doesn't want to do that, he's going to have a bad time, and if we do our best to STOP buying passes, block MORE ads, post LARGER and MORE images, it's just going to ACTUALLY make it unprofitable for him. Which means he'll sell it (because muh business isn't making me money how will I buy my egg rolls and dumplings now???), and it can be passed on to someone who's with the fucking program. Like moot was.

if you don't understand this, go ahead and turn your ad blocker off. Maybe you cat buy a pass so moot2 can get some chink to suck his japanese eggplant and he can give you a clover next to your post. The guy is a leech. Stop supporting his bullshit.

We create the traffic and the money the website generates. All he does is cash the cheques. Don't give him more credit than he deserves. Welcome to the internet, buddy.

Move to the next big chan when this one implodes, that strategy has worked out well for smaller imageboards

github.com/majestrate/nntpchan

Hiro is a fucking nigger, fuck him

I wouldn't mind paying to use Jow Forums desu. Behind a paywall it'd filter 90% of the Reddit and zoomer cancer.

What I'm weary of however is Hiroyuki's handling of user information. 2channel users got their info stolen because he stored user passwords and other data in a plaintext file and didn't set permissions to it.

You're a drop in a fucking ocean
YOU won't do anything
THE USERBASE won't do anything

Stop being a cuck and jump to any of the other hundreds of oldschool clones if it matters so much to you, because quite frankly your protests will never change shit

You mean normalfags won't do anything.
But they don't matter since most of them never make any OC.

The thing about spergs is that they make a lot of noise, but never in an effective way

If you remove the "spergs" from this board you're left with gayming underage consumers

isnt thats illegal?

Jow Forums started as a personal project.
So did Facebook.

How is that relevant now

No, in fact it is complying with the law.
Euros, you chose this fate

How isn't it?
At some point in time this shit needs to evolve into a business. Hiroshimoot didn't purchase the site for charity purposes.

He's getting already a shitload of money with user data. Fuck off Hiro shill

>At some point in time this shit needs to evolve into a business.
Why? It should be enough that the site pays for itself.
>Hiroshimoot didn't purchase the site for charity purposes.
It was given to him for free

Hiro is evil

Attached: dont_trust_hiro.png (1402x3000, 1.43M)

What sort of fucking insult is consumer you retard.
What sort of goods do you produce?
I sure hope you made the computer you posted this on entirely on your own.
>gayming
Nothng wrong with videogames.
>underage
I'd rather have an 8 year old that discusses rationally and makes OC than a 30 year old frogspamming retard.

>I'd rather have an 8 year old that discusses rationally and makes OC than a 30 year old frogspamming retard.
Ideally you'd want neither.
>I sure hope you made the computer you posted this on entirely on your own.
The point is that discussion on this board should not be about what we'll buy to do [some other thing, like gaming]. It should be about technology in general, not a very limited set of common consumer devices.

There's already a place like that. It's called Reddit.

Based as fuck

If this place goes down or behind a paywall, I'll probably just move to 420. I'm not a stoner, but their userbase is active enough to still have some conversations.

Youre pathetic and probably have never even contributed meaningfully to any threads in your time posting on this website.

If he does put Jow Forums behind a paywall well just move to that other one.

Probably.
What difference does it make?

Some sites changes their whole html output depending on your useragent. If you visit youtube with a normal firefox, the site will be about 2mb. If you visit it as "curl" it will be less than 200kb. This way my crawler works super fast. Some sites even start to work better or show their contents completely without javascript and "curl" as UA.
Also the sites you seem to mean (I know some that do this) do not kick you out if you are "googlebot". Keep that in mind.

>(((capitalism))) won
The internet has always been a capitalist environment. It's not like all your favorite sites used to be funded by public tax money and have all of a sudden become private ventures. As traffic increases, bandwidth costs increase, and the people running websites have to come up with some way (either ads or a paywall) of financing the continued operation of their site. I don't understand why so many people find this so shocking and hard to accept. Would you rather everyone have to pay an internet tax to support all websites hosted in your country?

As for captcha and cookie notices, these have absolutely nothing to do with capitalism. Please learn the definitions of words before you use them.

Attached: 1541355302217.jpg (1890x1630, 144K)

>Decent

hearty chuckle

Attached: 1549949953074.png (240x192, 59K)

semi-used copypasta

>>>/reddit/

responding to copy pasta

Attached: 1550221260702.png (600x940, 733K)

>an increase of 1's and 0's somehow costs more
>actually falling for the digital jewish trick

retardation with a dash of autism.

I'm not your buddy, guy.

>everything i disagree with is reddit

Former 2chan users are probably not so surprised.
Curent 2chan users are probably shiting themself in anticipation.

thanks Reddit. your shekels are coming soon

That’s what I hope. I know a lot of blogs made by people just for fun, without ads. They pay those 10$ a month by themselves.
Either this, or websites switch to paid content. I wonder how many websites go bankrupt then, I hope a lot.
Finally we killed the ad industry then.

>it's da joooooooooooooooz

@NPC69904329
I wonder just (((WHO))) could be behind this pro-semitic post

No they're just telling you that you'd be better served by the reddit community

The GDPR is not the problem. In principle it's a great idea, but its implementation is fucking awful.
Worst part about it is, that if you regularly delete cookies (like any sane person should), those popups appear every fucking time, if you don't manually block them. But you can do that after all.

>It never was.
You are simply too new.
If moot was still running this "hellhole", I'd have already donated.
With shit like logins being tested by hiroyuki, I don't think I will.
There are still more than enough interesting people here, but it's not like donating will do anything to keep you here.

Yep, without any cookies set you’ll always be redirected to the cookie info page to accept it. If you do, it sets a cookie to skip that page.
That’s the 100% legal “I don’t want any risk” way to go, and for me it’s fine.
If you visit a page like Google, it sets a lot of cookies without asking you. You can click “no” later, but there are a lot of cookies set already.

>Why the fuck should anyone else pay for your usage?
users are paying for it via advertising, you stupid fucking faggot.

ive done that with sites i run. i whitelisted trusted ip addresses and started blocking european and russian users, redirecting them to donald trump's twitter page.

Jow Forums would pretty cheap to run if it was lighter as a platform.

Doesn't privacy.firstparty.isolate cover most of the problems associated with that?
Even if a site sets a cookie, it can only be read from the site that set it.

Jow Forums has no issues paying their internet bills as it is. they're trying to milk more money out of users. the site was left by moot in great financial shape.

>
>i whitelisted trusted ip addresses and started blocking european and russian users, redirecting them to donald trump's twitter page.

Attached: 8971011.jpg (801x534, 34K)

So where to now? Cripple wasteland? Obscure trannychans?

Really ? I thought He left it because it was a struggle to keep it afloat and pay the bills every months.

He left for other reasons. By his words the site was financially stable when he did.
Then the gook came and suddenly issues, data mining, and now logins.

>i whitelisted trusted ip addresses
that's a lot of ips to check.

Has anyone attempted to just effectively mirror Jow Forums? Same boards, same layout, same features.