Android 9.0 (Pie)

How's your experience so far?
>Huawei Mate 10
Surprisingly the device is faster and more responsive, and it was already fast to begin with.
Battery life and WiFi is improved.
What I don't like is the new icons , and the white UI.
Also bunch of new """BLOAT""" like google lens, etc.
And bunch of Huawei featured apps, like HiVision.
I hate the default gallery app, it aggregates all the photos in your device into one folder, bad idea if you have a lot of lewds.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9TL1kvNzkwMzA2L29yaWdpbmFsL2xlZGUtYW5kcm9pZC1waWUuanBn.jpg (755x472, 67K)

Samsung upgraded my s9+ yesterday, and I cannot stand the new update. They removed so many features, and needlessly changed so many others.
The phone has been a piece of shit in every possible way, so this will likely be what stops me from buying Samsung ever again.

What's samsung fault?
Updating to latest stable?

I like it

Battery life seems to have improved on my Moto G6+

Mine has been good. Using a custom rom based on pie with no bloatware. Everything is responsive. Had to fuck with my APN settings to get data service working though.
To be fair anything would feel better than my last phone with an android version from 2012, bloated to hell. But I miss the physical keyboard already. (Samsung Galaxy Relay S)

>Android 9
>TFW Samsung

Ask me again in 9 months.

I haven't seen a single device supported by LineageOS 9.x yet. Is it just too new or is the project lagging behind the AOSP releases?

Still on Android 5.0

similar experience, pre update my battery would steadily drain consistently with usage, if i was playing a game the battery would drain faster, otherwise i would consider going from 100% to 70% a regular days use.

now post update i might find that my phone has somehow dropped from 80% to 55% but i haven't actually done anything, the battery also drains faster for regular use and i have never seen regular battery drainage with use because of these random huge drops in charge

seems to me that samsung deliberately pushed a poorly optimized update to their s9 range just because they want consumers to switch to the ridiculously priced s10 lineup, as always consumers get the short end of the smartphone market stick and i am glad that i got this phone for the extremely low price i did because i would never recommend somebody pay full retail price given the industry practices

Should I?

Attached: 🥧.jpg (1080x1920, 191K)

>tfw 4000mah battery

Attached: Screenshot_20190222-194622.png (459x969, 80K)

>They removed so many features,
like what? I'm holding off on upgrading right now

literally nothing
everything works better
on my s9 battery last longer
new gui looks great

Is there really any difference? My Nokia 6 also updated today.

I'm using a non rooted s9 and the only new feature I use is factory dark mode. The second I started downloading the update I uninstalled the shitty substratum skins I used for such. It's ok, nothing special. I prefer the quick settings how they were before, battery saver for example has another screen instead of a single click. However the quick settings look nicer I guess.

Not saying battery life was bad before, but now my Note 9 can get anywhere between 8 and 14 hours SoT with dark mode enabled depending on what I do
Shits cash

Same story here
I swear to God every update Samsung makes their phones UI more and more Nickelodeon

m8

Lineage OS 16.0 is okay, but the battery life/ram usage/cpu usage are a lot worse than on M stock

Nice meme

Attached: Screenshot_20190222-173305_Lawnchair.png (720x1280, 69K)

>Mi A2 Lite
I really love the new navigation. It isn't enabled by default, but it's so fucking good. Stock Android on a non-google device is so nice. Also the battery life on this thing is nuts. It lasts 3 days all the time.

im getting a full day every day on my pixel 2 xl with heavy normie use.

i like the swiping gestures, with the exception of going back more than one app in the multitask panel.

phone is still blazingly fast and I have it dark themed as much as possible. i dont go into settings often enough to care, my messages, dialer, quick settings tray and such is all black.

My s9 has pie.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but this is closely related. When a new version of Android is released, is it necessary for the OEM to update the firmware in order to get custom ROM support?

For example, say you are on Android Oreo, and you want to install a custom ROM using Android Pie after the OEM ended support for the phone. Are you shit out of luck without the OEM updating the drivers for the latest Android version?

Swear I'm still on 4.4 or 6 or some shit and haven't a clue what's actually even new in all the Android updates since then

Nothing really stands out except some floating apps and split screen

man, kitkat and marshmallow were probably the best.

Its great on my 2016 Pixel. My only complaint is the DPI settings are less fine grained than LineageOS 15.1's were on my Galaxy S5.

S8 here, you're a faggot

Samsung version removed features that were in 7.0 and 8.0. I'm pissed off.

>use call recorder app for business to keep records of conversations
>Google has decided I'm not allowed to do that anymore in Android 9

Attached: 1525770123547.jpg (424x565, 48K)

Xperia XZ1C, it's fine other than them moving the fucking clock from the top right to the top left, fuck your notchphone bullshit Google

Such as?

They made split screen require twice as much actions to initialize in Pie.
Main reason why I'll be hiding the update notification.