I really like the 4chanx feature to label each post from a new IP...

I really like the 4chanx feature to label each post from a new IP, but why does this count go away when you reload the page?

Attached: ip.png (298x30, 2K)

Stop refreshing the page then

Is this why I see retards quoting 10 posts and calling them samefag?

No, probably not.

Make it yourself.

because it is stored in javascript variables

How could I make it be permanent?

Jow Forums's JSON API doesn't keep track of the IP count and attach it to each post. That's saved by a variable in the extension itself. All 4chanX does is read the "IP Count" that's stored at the bottom of the page, compare it to before the update, and if it goes up, it attaches the label to the new post.

>Jow Forums

I always wondered how it did that. Thanks user.

I like that feature too. I asked the same thing on github a couple years ago, but I guess the developer didn't have time or didn't want it.
Right now I'd prefer if he focused more on getting the multisite compatibility working though. Having a thread watcher that aggregates threads from other boards is SO much better than having to lurk slow boards or keeping dozens of open tabs.

why are you reloading the whole page? just use the update button...

Attached: update.png (3840x2092, 528K)

A bad habit that I can't seem to get rid of. And it's quicker to ctrl+r than it is to move the mouse I guess.

>not autoupdating in 5 second intervals

Why? The API updates every 30 seconds because you do that

Well whenever I focus a tab I want to know all the latest replies, so I just reload it in case it was in the middle of auto updating. My had is already on ctrl because I'm doing ctrl 1/2/3 to get on the tab, R is just an inch away from it so I end up hitting it.

This used to work until a few weeks ago, now they increased the minimum delay to 15 for everyone
Even if you update every 5 seconds you won't see the new posts until that time passes

I use vanilla Jow Forums and thread updating is literally broken and only happens every 15 seconds no matter how many times you mash update

Is there any fix?

It's the same with Jow Forums X.

No, api only updates every 15-30 seconds
>literally broken
>literally
>LITERALLY

Because the way it works is by marking posts that cause the IP count to go up

Seriously? I thought there was a workaround. It's made the site and threads far worse to browse

Can they stay marked?

Blame hiro

You might be able to write an extension that stores that information statically

Buy more passes

this website needs board-wide IDs that reset every 2 weeks so I filter out retarded niggers from clogging up my Jow Forums with low-value posts. Kind of like 420chan's board-wide IDs if you've ever been there.

I already have over 50 unique comment filters and 300+ image md5 filters (mostly pepes and wojaks) but it's not enough to stop bad posters from showing up.

>this website needs board-wide IDs
some boards need it. the same fagging fucking faggots would disappear within days.

You don't you fucking retard. There is no IP attached to posts. Jow Forums-x is simply making assumptions based off IP count in a thread as new posts come in.