/spg/ - Smartphone General

Nokia 9 PureView Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: nokia-9.jpg (2800x2800, 940K)

how to get rid of the status bar on a non rooted phone?

S10 for $600, should I bite it and go?

I have a headset with mic (single 3.5 mm jack) and it works fine with my laptop. I try it on my phone (Xiaomi MI2S with custom ROM), and I only get output through the headset but no input. Any tips on what causes this? Can I make the mic work?

Where?

Looking for a phone up to ~€250.

3.5mm jack and fingerprint sensor are not negotiable.

So far Pocophone F1 looks like the best option. I like Motorola One in some aspects (like price and Android One), but so far I'm leaning towards poco because it's way more popular and has custom roms and replacement parts available.

Is there anything comparable in terms of value?

Is it a PITA to install custom roms on poco, and are they stable?

that phone triggers my trypophobia

Poco F1 is good so far, got it since 2 weeks myself
Haven't bothered to unlock bootloader and try custom ROMs yet, but it shouldn't be too difficult

Idk if I should get an S10 or S10e, coming from an S8.

I fell for the curved screen meme and it shattered a bit in the corner, not sure if I want to get dabbed on again...

Hello shills and marketing. Which phones with 5g and Vzw support will be avaliable this year and when? Thanks.

Attached: 1528437582566.jpg (917x559, 100K)

Is the jack TRS or TRRS?

Why can't Android OEMS just make a NORMAL fucking phone?
>4.7" - 5.5"
>no notch or front display cutouts
>no curved meme screen shit
>3.5mm headphone jack

Probably with a trade-in, either S8 or S9.

Nokia 8.1 for 360 Euros, 7 Plus for 250, Nokia 8 for 290 or Nokia 8 Sirocco for 450?

You can hide with Nova launcher on your home screen.

Was this the greatest Smartphone of all time?

Attached: 1545041706674.png (2000x1497, 2.86M)

Trade in. I got a pixel 2 and I want a headphone jack. Memecamera isn't enough for me.

Pocophone for 239.99€

Can't, my job only allows Nokia devices

Which version of S10 are you getting?

No, the battery was shit and the back cracked way to easily.

Not of all time but of its time, yes.

Baseline S10. Plus doesn't do anything for me and the E looks gross.

In the same boat. Any advice for us lost anons?

It's the same shit but prettier. You know what you're getting, the best in the hardware game with improving software with a sour note of the curved meme that you either hate or love. I personally love it but I can see why others don't.

>powerful CPU, shitload of ram
>but a mediocre camera to keep the cost down

Does this phone exist?

Cause I just want something with good specs but I dont care about the camera

Attached: 1_402835_ZM_BLACK.jpg (1500x2247, 224K)

OP6T mclaren version

at least it doesn't have garbage notch or punchhole
But that chin is pretty huge even on renders, gonna be rather ugly in reality

It sucks how resources are wasted on cameras for roasties.

Poco F1 is pretty much that on the 6GB RAM edition

I'm thinking of switching to a Xiaomi MI A1 from a Nexus 4. It checks all the boxes except NFC which is useless in my country and the size, it seems huge compared to my Nexus 4. I read pdfs on my phone so the size will be cool but I don't know if I will regret. Is there any similar phone with official LineageOS support and low price (

>he doesn't like to photograph nature on hiking trips
Pleb

Doesn't take long to get used to
And you can shrink the screen area with a simple gesture nowadays if you enable it in the settings, so one handed operation is still fine

Just look at it.

I want to buy an S10+. Should I bother checking out MWC for something better?
I don't want chink shit either.

>note 9 128GB/6GB RAM version

is the 256/8GB a meme or is it worth waiting for? i'm due for an upgrade and would like to cop a note 9

Razer Phone 2

I mean it's next week. So unless you literally can not wait to get the S10+ for a week just ride it out.

It's 600 eurotrash here with trade in too. Gonna sell the ear buds too for some extra scratch.

>5 lenses
This is a joke, right? I don't even know anymore.

Does anyone have some photos from the Poco F1 taken at night?

My vote is the Nexus 5.

Attached: 818M3Iyw87L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 206K)

Fuck Nexus 5 it was a good phone for its time until it ran into that bootloop issue which many people had

The bootloop was a 5X feature though.

Nah many LG phones had this issue and both 5/5X were particularly notorious for this problem

That's odd. Why?

How do any of these keep the costs down? What are you two smoking?

I want a an easily romable 5 inch or less phone with 16:9 and lead than $350 used. What should I get

i unironically think galaxy s7 was the peak of smartphones

Anyone give me a reason to stay away from xs
And stick with android.

Fuck, why is the Sony XA2 more than 200€ in my country.
I just want a cheap small phone with good lineageOS support, 1920x1080 resolution, fingerprint reader and NFC.
Fuck the big screen bullshit market pushing big screens for snapchat and instagram.

sorry, it's more like >250€ in my country.

looking for a new phone for the missus. she currently has a samsung S7. is pretty prone to dropping shit all the time and breaking it.

would be keen for something with a 5.5 inch screen as she has small hands. have been looking at the lenovo k5 pro or redmi note 5 pro (which i have) but they seem a bit larg for her.

in australia, telstra network, budget is roughly $500aud

Attached: mane.png (414x499, 226K)

Redpill me on this

Pros and cons of this, stock android, or a preinstalled rom? Never used a custom rom, wondering what I'm missing out on.

Attached: lineageos-15.1.png (854x581, 31K)

got my Mi Mix 3 earlier this week. Anybody want to hear my thoughts/impressions of it after a few days?

Attached: 1521787236438.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

I'm interested in the battery life, any first impressions on how it drains doing different tasks? I'm going to get one unless something better for that price is shown at the MWC.

Don't be a poor Indian I guess?

>big screen phones
>apps don't take advantage of the big screen by packing more info onto a screen, instead just shows the same amount of info as smaller screens

why do they do this? It's annoying to see blown up words and only 2-3 tweets max each time on a big screen phone.

Attached: 1377311037074.png (475x544, 182K)

Why is there not one stock-android-image i can install on all android-phones and get infinite updates like i can install one windows-image on all PCs?

THIS

Moto X4?

Xiaomi Mi8, Mi Mix 2s or Mi9 SE

So my lg v20 is 2 years old now. I run rr-os rom on it with third-party 4100 mah battery.
Do I really need to change it? Performance, battery life and cameras seems fine for 2019, but its kinda boring to use same phone for more than two years, especially with all these new bezelless shiny phones around.
Thinking about v40, is it good smartphone? Most of all I want good camera performance.

Ah yes the nexus 4. I still have the phone and even to this day it still impresses me. Not only did it have good drivers but it also had insane standby time. I could leave theoretically leave it for a week on by nightstand and only lose around 3 percent of battery life. I dont know if it was the drivers and/or the operating system at the time, but it was killer. Even now with lineage os installed it still has that good standby time, only lesser now. It also still runs pretty well for a phone made 6 years ago.

Lineage is gives you more freedom in your phone as well as a guarantee to safeguard your data from google. It even comes with an interesting feature called privacy guard which allows you to toggle what permissions apps have on your phone. It should also be stated that you can root your custom ROMs fairly easily and safely. In turn it will give you host ad-blocking on the system level, the app 'forcedoze' which forces your phone into deep sleep instantly, a much more precise battery info collecting app 'better battery stats', etc..

It also will allow you to evade having google play services installed, thereby saving your batteries lifespan, standby time and potential rapege from it pinging all the time.

However, not all phones are created equal. So some will experience more bugs or missing features, ex. Alternative camera drivers that have lessened quality. But otherwise there isn't that much difference.

ded OS

Don't be a consumer whore, if I was in your position I would have stocked with my phone for another 6 or so years. Then when it finally dies just buy a used phone a couple of generations old like the nexus 6p now.

Just ordered the base S10 (coming from an S6)
Did I fuck up?

Yes

Thanks for pro-tip, your thoughts seems reasonable.
Probably will stick with v20 for another year or so.

My main complain is that it is big (size of iphone plus) and not really comfortable in comparison to new slick phones. Should I try pop-socket? Or its scam?

Is there any way to get webm to play in samsung browser without having to open in new tab?

Trust me, you don't want to be in my position with the one plus 5t. It may have good specs and a fairly large display, but the fucking standby time is garbage and all I can find thats causing it is the network drivers on my phone even if they are disabled. Though it probably doesn't help that the OS itself also drains, thanks to android Oreo.

>pop-socket

I thought those were mostly used to keep the display at an angle for watching something.

If the phones size is really an issue then maybe consider selling it and getting a used phone. Since most phones that come with a smaller screen tend to come from more than a couple of years ago.

>people recommending the Mi Mix 2S over the Mi Mix 3

Is this board really that poor?

Attached: 1528821730745.png (1300x1300, 748K)

What did you expect from a bunch of shut in jobless NEETs who still live in their mother's basement?

Attached: 1531122871795.png (322x241, 45K)

Just got a Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, images and icons when using certain apps (Discord, Twitter, so far) come up jagged and maybe low res.

Is this a resolution problem? Wondering if this has occurred with anyone else here.

Attached: 1.jpg (240x240, 11K)

>Wait for samsung to use the new infinity display and samsung might remove features or put in new annoying ones
>don't wait and have to settle with pinholes and no 5g

Wat do?

How long does it take for Samsung phones to drop in price? I am getting a S10e but can wait a few months if the price does in fact drop.

Can you share some insight based on S9/S8 launches?

damn they stole folding tech and got a product ready this quick?

OP6T or Razer2?

And If I were to bump up my budget Pixel 3 or one of the S10s?

Any suggestions on a budget phone with a great camera? Maybe around 200 bucks?
I'd appreciate your input user

it's a chinkphone problem poorfag go save up your shekels for an iphone or samsung or some shit

What is the purpose for all the cameras?

Christmas sales.

Redmi Note 7 Pro

Is it worth getting the armoured version of the Pocophone F1?

>Nokia 9 PureView Edition
when can I buy one??!?

Fair enough

WHEN THE FUCK WILL SMARTPHONES BE GOOD AGAIN I'M SO FUCKING TIRED OF THE MEMES

Attached: 1547673955929.jpg (960x959, 52K)

redmi note 7 pro or Poco f2?

Hey, looking for a phone around the £200 price point.
I thought the Honor 8x for £230 could be a good choice, though was wondering if anyone has any better alternatives for a similar price.

FedEx are a bunch if package holding cunts just leave it on my fucking door step or better idea give an estimated delivery time window so I don't have to literally bo guard my fucking door all day

You can fix this, adjust your DPI

Anyone have experience with Cat phones? I was looking for Sprint-compatible phones and found the S48c. They seem to devalue greatly after release; SD630 + 4000mAh battery for ~$100 used.

Attached: Catphones-S48c-assets-1221x970-non-carrier-specific-jpg.jpg (1221x970, 482K)

Oh hey its too bad im retiring this tomorrow but I'm sure the oneplus will have a similar option

Forgot picture

Attached: Screenshot_20190223-002401_Settings.jpg (1440x2960, 416K)

>dat stb ratio

CAT-Phones are basically cheap chink phones in a rugged housing, sold for overprice shekelz

Does Jow Forums not recommend xiaomi mi A2 over the mi A2 lite? Its not in the pastebin.

Just got a Moto X4 for $150
>4gb ram
>64gb storage
>5.2 inches like my old Galaxy
>Android one edition
>Just got pie and it's set to get Q

Did I do good Bros?

Attached: Screenshot_20190223-011420.png (1080x1920, 3.25M)

my wife has the RedMe 5a and is totally satisfied with it.