pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
geekwhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=8t36c9d239ff5g3dccmlbqgncrm9jpog&board=70.0
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread:

Attached: Custom HHKB with Back Massager.jpg (1210x680, 143K)

delete this

More like discord tranny edition

Hi! recently got my first paycheck working my tutoring job at uni so I'm buying some much-needed perpetual. I've had a Rosewell RK-9000V for a super long time. Looking to get something smaller and more stylish. This thing also takes up 2 USB ports which is a bit annoying.

>Budget
Up to 130$
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
I've been using Blue's. I really like the feel but I sometimes think something quieter would be better. In general, I'm looking for switches that feel similar or heavier : )
>Layout
Qwerty preferred.
>Form factor
Something smaller would be wonderful. Sturdy feeling keyboards are so nice. TKL or 75% preferred. I use the function keys often. I'm willing to maybe go 60% too.
>Backlight
Must have. Any color.

Attached: 1471572346355.jpg (958x660, 31K)

Based!

why would anyone spend more than 30 bucks on a keyboard

zdarova tovarish, recent got money from bitcoin hack, want new keyboard)))

>budget
dont matter
>location
private
>preferred switch type
click
>layout
DVORAK
>form factor
100%
>backlight
none. is gay

I like the gmmk tkl. Hot swappable switches, no gay logos, and rgb. Its like 110 i think

>gmmk tkl
this one looks really really good ! !
I've only used blues. Any switches you reccomend? Heavy ones are sooo nice .

privet sem
get the nym96 off massdrop

If you're deadset on tactile switches stick with blues but I like linear switches and my favorite linear switch is black

I've used blue's for so long. I wanna try something new but I do enjoy the heavy bumpy feeling given by blues

how compareable are the gateron blue's to Cherr??

>budget
>dont matter
Get a custom metal board, box navies, and godspeed MT3 with the dvorak/colemak/etc. addon set. That or get a 104 key IBM 4704.

based

IBM model F 400

If you want heavy and lots of CLICC, try some Box navies.

>blues
>heavy
kek

Then try box whites, pale blues, navies, jades, etc.

Idk ive only tried gateron blacks and cherry blacks, i like the cherrys alot better the gaterons are kind scratchy

>and godspeed MT3 with the dvorak/colemak/etc. addon set.
that hasn't even shipped out yet tho

Sure, you're going to have to wait a while and pay more to buy it off someone on rebbit or something.

I'm not the guy you were originally talking to, I was just sharing the information.

I've got those shits on order, believe me. Alphas, apollo mods, apollo ergo addon, and colemak addon. Can't wait for June.

Should I stick these in a v80 and get a metal tkl case?

Attached: vintage-samsung-branded-chicony-kb_1_aed6d63079d0933b3346ba955f0b6481.jpg (1600x1063, 391K)

why would anyone spend more than 10 dollars on a watch?

Box Jades > Box Navies. Fight me

Attached: dog tax.png (344x351, 262K)

Nice, same here. Would be nice if it doesn't get delayed but I'm not holding my breath to be honest.

I agree desu, I only use navies on my modifiers.

>Accidently ordered the wrong color because I can't read chingchong and ended up buying this girl shit
FUCK!

Attached: fk.jpg (5563x3709, 1.29M)

Certain the cheapest way for an alps keyboard. Issue is there is no pbt keycaps for the v80. You can get some aekii for the alpha, but you are shit out of luck for the modifiers.

I'm pretty set on the layout now, ordered a copper plate and a aluminum cyan case. I don't know what colors to dye the keycaps, but I'm looking to make a sakura color scheme.
>already spent $300 for parts
>still need solder tools and dye

Attached: idk.png (835x293, 22K)

You can get any of the IBM plate spring keyboards if you want PBT keycaps

Well, you know what to do: buy some tranny socks, and get some kawaii pics with your new keycaps, gurlfriend!

Why bother with arrow keys when you can just have Fn+hjkl

oh shit that is my dog... he died on Feb 1 this month. A day b4 my bday. Got torn apart by the neighbor's huskie and some other huge dog. Now I am sad.

Attached: doge.png (644x327, 356K)

Why are you lying? That's MY dog.

because that's retarded and I use arrow keys a lot

The FN key is on the right side. Going to have some finger gymnastics to get hit the fn key and hjkl with 1 hand. Just use the bottom right modifiers in the standard vim layout.

why would you want to take your hands off the homerow if you don't have to tho

pretty sure it is mine.

Attached: thedog.png (462x477, 347K)

That keyboard has two function keys.

Anyway if you own a programmable keyboard there is literally no reason not to repurpose the capslock key to set escape when tapped, and either control or swap to a function layer when held.

why would anyone buy something more expensive than a 2001 civic?

HOW did you get pics of my dog? Fucking FREAK. Can you stop posting them and just respect the passing of my dog? I want his soul to rest.

anyone have experience with blue alps? would you recommend them if so? love their sound.

well I am this guy. To be fair they are pretty overhyped but they are smooth af. They are a bit light though and not really tactile, but the small bump is smooth as hell. I personally like jades better since I prefer that force difference.

Personally I found them underwhelming especially since I got them after I had already experienced box clickbar switches.

>why would anyone spend more than 10 dollars on a watch?
Good question!

post 'em

Attached: 2019-02-22-162708_821x290_scrot.png (821x290, 16K)

you ever use topre? how do they compare?

topres are not good unless you bke mod them. Even then they are pretty loud, but they are probably the most satisfying tactile keyboard known to man after you bke mod them. No mechanical switch can compare them in tactility.

Attached: black rod.jpg (2000x1333, 340K)

I knew that filco gun poster was a homosexual.

Can you link the ones you wanted?

>Can you link the ones you wanted?
Anything but that one.

Nice, now to wait for all the other parts to come in the mail.

Attached: IMG_20190222_163616.jpg (2193x1779, 1.45M)

That Filco is still the best looking keyboard in these threads.

you are quite new then.

Attached: cKpPNsm.jpg (4032x3024, 2.85M)

>dropping a right-hand super key to add a pointless nav cluster
I hate this

your tastes are terrible...

I'd say they feel like slightly more tactile browns

why the fuck would you need 2 win keys

>Revolting mold colored keys
>No F-keys
>well it's got layers *smug grin*

Attached: 1547346835483.jpg (700x600, 84K)

So you can input key combations with either hand? The same reason you would need two control keys, two alt keys, or two function keys.

Whenever someone posts a 60 % board in these threads its always some gay shit. Really makes you think...

Attached: 152314421.png (268x271, 51K)

Then have some vintage IBM 60% keyboards

Attached: IBM M60.jpg (800x600, 77K)

>why the fuck would you need 2 win keys
Left "Windows key" = Super
Right "Windows key" = Compose

Attached: 1548033049233.jpg (1600x900, 93K)

>fucking whiners
there is a 87 version too u cunts

Attached: W10r4dp6SOK25fw9QBFl_PC page.jpg (955x637, 60K)

>here's even more mold colored key caps

Attached: 1526094362179.jpg (757x508, 38K)

>mold
>what is lighting.

Besides that filco is actually brown so it is something india would like.

That mold is a nice color t b h, I'd buy keycaps that color.

reddit seems to love 60%s.
I made an account just to downvote every sub-TKL posted

Attached: Kishsaver Black.jpg (5184x3456, 1.87M)

>me when having a model F AT and Blue Alps keyboard

Attached: ooz0ynnq7wh21.jpg (720x666, 37K)

based.
fuck discord trannies, redditors and fuck 60% boards

Beautiful. Pure function.

Why is there a skull on this keyboard? For what purpose?

hey he paid fucking 50 dollars for that skull

>HHKB
>pure function
>literally has an empty space with no key in it because lol

Probably because it looks cool faggot

Ruined by the artisan keycap to be honest.

"artisans" that can be replicated by nothing more than a SLA printer don't deserve to be called artisans, but anyone putting a 60% board with visibly shiny keycaps inside a case that large can't be expected to understand things like taste or value

topre is my switch of choice, i haven't done any mods to my keyboard yet but i'll take your word on the bke bit. reason i ask for comparison is that if/when i buy another keyboard, i want it to be similar to topre. just don't know how alps switches compare to topre.

this

My understanding the closest things to topre are box royals.

awesome, will look into those. what about zealios? how do they compare?

Never had a mechanical keyboard before, wanting to pull the trigger on Ducky Shine 7 Blackout but not sure of which switch to get. It'll be mainly for gaming. Which would be comfortable for all types of genres of vidyas? Need switch that isn't too loud either, i'm thinking MX silent reds? Definetly not blues because of how loud they are. Inb4 hotswapping are better, need a foundation of opinion first before i jump into that.

The bump on box royals is too sharp to be all that similar to topre. The closest to topre feel from an MX style switch you'll get is probably meme pandas or V2 zeals.

Attached: Untitled-1.png (3442x1221, 172K)

>gayming
why do we attract gaymers so much... Ducky one 2. Get linears or tactiles if you want something quiet.

Recommend blacks, reds, silvers. Never get browns.

I got a keyboard with reds as my first, traded it up after about 2 weeks for a Ducky One2 with blues and added o rings. I like the tactile feedback and the sound. With the o rings you get the actuation client but not the bottom out sound. With reds you only get the bottom out sound.

it is close enough. If you want something smoother and quieter, zilents are pretty close. But none of these are tactiles as bke mods.

>it is close enough.
They're completely different m8.

What's this for now

In what world? They're 25 bucks user
Any piece of art can be replicated by computers, so that argument in invalid. The keycaps aren't shiny it's actually discoloration from unicomps shit tooling. Also what's wrong with big cases?

To use for future dactyl-manuforms I build.

Attached: [email protected] (2048x1536, 424K)

Stop buying browns

Attached: 1480320251816[3].jpg (440x460, 22K)

How many more times are you going to download that image?

Are you making a GB or something?

Not really a group buy, but I do plan on making complete boards for people.

except they are not. Only difference is that box royals are more of a step rather than a smooth bump. Force wise they are similar.

sorry user idk where to ask. im considering black switches. need more images like pic related if anyone has any

Attached: 1542024467155.gif (1600x2220, 638K)

idk man, I've never used topre, I'm just repeating what I've heard from other people. Royals are comfy tho.