Anyone actually used a docking station before and know a good one to get? Looking to get one for multiple hard drives...

Anyone actually used a docking station before and know a good one to get? Looking to get one for multiple hard drives, copying and pasting data in a timely fashion.

Attached: 1521829244690.png (1500x1500, 873K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/ORICO-External-Drive-Enclosure-Caddy-Transparent/dp/B07H4PQ84P/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're hit and miss.

I have a thermaltake one and it registers most drives but for some reason a HGST drive doesn't want to work.

Is there one that can support 2 14TB hard drives? Most that I'm looking at only support up to 10 or 8 TB drives

>risking 2 14TB HDDs with a Chink shit docking station

Assuming all my sata ports on my motherboard is filled up. How else would I connect 2 more hard drives to the computer?

I have a probox 4 bay enclosure and it's lasted me 7 or so years of almost 24/7 power on

>all of my sata ports are full
>I have another 28 terabytes of data I need to access

Nigga what the fuck

Don't buy anything made by pic related

I did, almost identical to that one, for my poorfag RAID6 build because Microserver can only fit four drives.

HBA card + SAS2SATA cord. Or just poorfag 2-port PCIEx1 card.

none of those options I can use if my sata ports are filled up. I don't have space for another pcie card on the motherboard. USB 3.0 is the only option I have externally.

>using a 2-slicer in 2019

Use 2 USB 3.0 to SATA adapters.
Still Chink shit but it's unlikely both will fuck up.

Do good front bay hard drive docks exist? Need a couple for a full sata 3 speed drive cloning system but I've bought a couple and all of them have been garbage. Please advise. Amazon reviews are horrible.

Attached: 71ZAXTwmh9L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 216K)

Get an Orico from China, depending on the specs you need. I prefer vertical single drive ones myself.

not sure about multiple drives but the best ones I've had luck with is the Orico brand with the USB 3.0 port. Not all docks are created equally.

Do they all support 14 TB hard drives? The adapter looks exactly like a hard drive enclourse but without the case.

China has internal 3 drive bays for 5.25" slots.

Not sure why they would be bad or good, they're just bays. Your nice Linux computer clones if it goes over SATA, right?

I have the same one as OP's pic. I have no issues with it. I move around with it a lot so it gets lots of knocks and bangs but it still works fine. It was nice and cheap too.

I have a (cloning) docking station that somehow drops off line after not using it actively for 30 minutes or something. I have to turn it off and on again for it to show up. It might work if I just yanked the USB out but whatevers. I just occasionally copy shit to the disk.

I wanted to get one of these but to use as an external USB 3.0 drive for multiple drives, and I found it difficult to find one without the "duplication" button that could wipe your drive by accident.

Now if you do not just want to use your internal SATA (which is fine) but somehow want "cloning hardware", that's external.

Attached: ORICO-5-Bay-USB-3-0-HDD-Docking-Station-Tool-Free-usb-3-0-to-Sata.jpg_640x640q70.jpg (640x533, 20K)

Alright so I need 2x14TB hard drive externally using USB. Looked at the encolourses, adapters and dockers and it doesn't seem like they support that much of a high capacity. Thinking of getting a simple external NAS

Getting those sata to usb cables to work on 3.5inch drives is pretty hard, need to look for ones that have external power. I prefer to just get a full sized enclosure for each drive.
My experience with the docking stations is a miss. Often only the primary port registers anything even if the clone function works and they use non standard power cables and connectors which is a pain further down the line. These clear plastic models (from various manufacturers) have been the most reliable I've seen so far, ignore the cheap plastic, it holds up pretty well if you're not dropping it and I've used them with 6TB drives so far.
amazon.co.uk/ORICO-External-Drive-Enclosure-Caddy-Transparent/dp/B07H4PQ84P/

even the ones with external power from the plug don't seem like they support 14TB.

Do you have a e-sata port? You could use an external HDD bay and e-sata cable.
What the fuck you need that much for anyway? Any spare PC to use a NAS?

This

Realistically they probably do, but the manufacturer hasn't tested or hasn't updated the seller page, usual chink cheapery. The big nas manufacturers probably do test and can verify it working. These USB3 sata adapters don't do that much because with UAS native hard drive protocols are sent over the usb cable. Phones and mp3 players go through the same thing with mSD cards only being tested with the largest available at the time.