Pros and cons of rooting phone?

Thinking about rooting my S9.
The pros: Deleting bloatware.
Installing cool ROMs and AdBlock that not only blocks net ads but the apps that contain ads, most apps simply charge you to remove the ads, plus this Viper4Android that is supposed to be some kick ass eq and beyond and various other things.

Cons: You violate your warranty. Is that it?

Attached: root-android-phone.png (600x385, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twrp.me/faq/backupexclusions.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You also risk bricking your phone with poojeet software.

V4A is useless, when you have a proper player Neutron

If I brick it, can I not leave it in water overnight and fry everything and then take it back after it dries out and say it malfunctioned? Had one phone that was caught in a boot loop and the women at AT@t gave me a new one, no questions ask.

Downloading it now.... It's free, what's the catch?

Nearly impossible to brick a phone to such degree you can't fix it by flashing stock ROM

Do it anyway, report back.

TWRP will back everything up, yes? So if you fuck something up you can just restore it as long as you do a backup before you start messing around with ROMs etc?

>installing cool rom
Dude you don't need to root a system to install an other one.

I dont see any con. Maybe the warranty but since it does not cover anything Who care

If you have the snapdragon version you're in for a cool surprise :)

the only real positive I can see for rooting phones for the average normie consumer is that they can use it to remove the bloatware that's preinstalled by the phone carrier that wastes storage space and RAM+CPU usage thereby making the phone slower.

Yeah, freaking Google + came pre-installed, I disabled it in app settings and it has wake locks that re-enable it. A lot of apps that I don't use. I'm guessing by deleting the crap, you could ad hours to your battery..

Do tell.

Just use Xiaomi with chinese dev rom.
No warranty lost and the root manager is integrated with the system.

No bootloader unlocking, no rooting, nothing.

Get out curry shit

Isn't that backwards? The SD models are usually the ones with root and custom ROMs, due to sources being available.

I threw one through a wall

Boxed it up and took it back to Walmart the next day.

Shit was cash.

Literally.

Some of the MOtorolas you need a special usb cable for if you fuck it up too much. But it's not hard to make so...

Only the international models can be tampered with, Samsung doesn't like people installing custom roms on their phones to begin with

You lose Knox forever

Pro: Host file access.

Not him but after I rooted my P20 lite I did a full backup with the equivalent of dd so I have a full image of all the partitions.

rooting will allow malicious aops to own you

and there's a lot of them out there trust me I've made hundreds myself some STILL on the play store

Oh no not Samsung Pay!
Cause Su managers are not a thing....

Attached: 1547394488918.png (600x628, 627K)

Cons:
>Bank apps stop working
>Mobile pay apps stop working
The former isn't that bad because you can just pay your credit card bills and transfer money on a computer, but losing the security that comes with google pay is a tough choice next to pajeet ROMs.

just get adhell3 then you don't need to root

What Samsung Pay is gud

Virus are going to fuck your ass

> being this new
>Installing cool ROMs
woah, steady on there, fella. one step at a time. you can pimp out the stock ROM pretty well.
>Cons:
>>Bank apps stop working
>>Mobile pay apps stop working
the fucking horror!

> trust me I've made hundreds
lies

Oh no no no it doesn't.

twrp.me/faq/backupexclusions.html

not being able to use samsung pay is shit though because it works on stuff google and apple pay doesnt

Blokada works perfectly without root.
It's on F-Droid

I think you can't use Samsung pay which is the only reason to buy Samsung

Out of all the mobile payment systems Samsung pay is probably the best one because it simulates an actual credit card to the point the store doesn't even need new terminals.

Plus you can gamble your points you earn

Attached: Screenshot_20190222-195940_Samsung Pay.jpg (1440x2960, 478K)

That sounds borderline illegal but not illegal because of a technicality somewhere.

Attached: 220px-Metal_Gear_Solid_V_The_Phantom_Pain_cover.png (559x434, 196K)

it breaks all security guarantees your phone offers you

hello sirs this is my new customed rom called SHIVA REBORN which bring you this features
>breaks everything
>special "stock" experience (read:no features)
>can't use mobile banking or nfc
>warranty removed
>get raped by the pirated $3 app you install
also sirs we make cpu fine tune so it run extra betterer than samsung and now you can move clock to left and right

-rajpooja13938
-xda forums mod

I've rooted Samsung phones for almost a decade. It's very much worth doing, IF you know what you're actually doing.

If you have a Snapdragon Soc based S9 you wont be able to root it though (last time i checked anyway). The considerably inferior Exynos version can be rooted though.

since old miui7 version, root is unavailable in dev rom.