Fax, now that was a way to send documents

>Fax, now that was a way to send documents

Attached: boom.png (1000x861, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/abigailtracy/2016/04/06/hacker-weev-troll-daily-stormer-college-printers-fax-law-hacking-security/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

faxing was pretty great

It was a way to send documents though

We actually went back to fax because people kept saying "sorry, didn't see your email" to get off work.

i still find it more effective than email desu.

I don't think anyone on this board is actually old enough to remember faxing.

I wasn't until happened.

I only heard it vaguely but doesn't fax manufacturers hold a lobby in US? Some bullshit about e-mailed documents not being legit, but FAXed copies being ok.

still is...most secure way to send and receive secret information

Incorrect. Fax places no encryption on the transmission and quite a lot of time that goes over the internet. Email with PGP is the best way.

fax is still widely in use though

Fax is based desu.

I sometimes wonder why so many people repeat the fax is more secure bullshit. Maybe because you typically don't hear about interception all that often, contrary to the thousands of mailboxes that get popped daily in often very visible ways.
I guess it's true that less likely to have your fax end up in third hands through some automated means targeting basically everyone.
...unless you count nations. In that case you can bet your ass.

Having some old ass fax machines in your network is one of the more interesting ways to get owned. There's script kiddy ready exploits for a lot of firmwares out there.

I still fax at my job for certain things

Really? Because at work I learned that every single government office, hospital, and insurance company has AT LEAST 1 fax machine per department

Oh no, they can own your fax machine and then you just unplug it?

Nice kid

Sometimes you read a post and ask yourself if that fucker is really that dense or if you're being trolled.

Fax machines are often networked (mostly as part of some combo machine), you establish your foothold on that machine and pivot around. Since you're now already sitting inside the part of the network where nobody gives a shit about anything it's a fucking free for all.

I'm sure YOU wouldn't do things like that, oh I'm sure. Most companies do though.

I have to use fax at the hospital because its specifically exempted from the harsher encryption requires for medical records. So everyone just uses fax because no one can agree upon a common system

Why are there no actual fax apps for Android? All the apps always require you to send the document to a 3rd party and then they charge you a fee to fax it. Why can't the phone just dial the fax machine itself?

Attached: 1486730600259.jpg (681x1024, 76K)

when are you a boomer and when are you a zoomer?

Because they're probably Virtual Fax apps and you have to pay a Virtual Fax provider for a Fax line subscription and then just send what ever you want through that.

You see this is why people don't trust you with certificates

Mobile channels don't speak the relevant protocols (t.30)

What about faxing PGP encrypted documents as binary

Fax is still used today. Why do neets think fax is outdated?
Not all companies have a PKI and implements a system wide digital signature shit

Japan still uses faxes
And personal name stamps

Zoomer here, was it possible to fax an office 100 pictures of your butt?

Things can be simultaneously in use and outdated.
Just as a bad idea isn't if the cost-benefit ratio works out.

It's a printer you can call. A printer can print butts.

i work at a telecom company and pretty much every business we take wants a fax. it just werks except when it doesn't because fax was designed for POTS

Faxes are still in use in China. I used to work in a company that sold a hospitality industry software suite last year and one of the chink hotel chains asked us for a customization to send them the order details (credit card numbers included) via fax.

What's the giant pink finger doing covering up the license plate?

you can get tracker emails to see when someone opens your email. the best is not telling people you do that and springing it on them when they try the bullshit "oh i must've missed your email" no bitch i got the logs.

Still is. You'd be amazed how much runs by fax.

Read receipts in outlook

>Spam that wastes thermal paper or toner
I do not miss fax spam.

the receiver sees if you have read receipt though, right? tracking pixel they don't know.

Jokes on them, my email client doesn't load third party resources or speaks html.

Fax is literally garbage and every fax machine will do it's own weird shit where it will aggressively boost gain or some other bullshit that causes problems for some software. Fuck faxes.

An endless loop of black paper faxed to your target.

>What's a land line?
>What's a secure line?

>Imagine being outsmarted by a fax machine

its pretty fun
forbes.com/sites/abigailtracy/2016/04/06/hacker-weev-troll-daily-stormer-college-printers-fax-law-hacking-security/

>see notification in corner of desktop/on smartphone
>ignore it
What email, boss?