EU passes new stricter copyright rules

reuters.com/article/us-eu-copyright/eu-countries-back-copyright-reforms-aimed-at-google-facebook-idUSKCN1Q91WO

>Google’s YouTube and Facebook’s Instagram and other sharing platforms will have to install upload filters to prevent users from uploading copyrighted materials.

Why does the EU keep passing all these draconian tech laws to restrict free flow of information on the internet and actively harm the end user experience?

Do yuropoors just hate technological freedom or something? Should we just force them into their own little internet ghetto? That really seems like what they want, doesn't it?

>b-but the article says it's meant to target google and f-facebook!
yeah so what, that's just reuters putting their journalist-friendly spin on the article. Facebook and Google can easily bear the costs of implementing content ID management systems, this only hurts smaller businesses who can't afford to deal with these burdensome regulations.

Attached: eu lul.png (807x555, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ukip.org/national-ukip-news-item.php?id=18
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Google news in EU countries will look like Google news in Spain
But how will they keep feeding propaganda and fake news to the people?

The EU thinks it does good but it's turned into the world's most powerful lobbying stage.

European Union more like Soviet Union

Attached: satania_fuck_my_ass.jpg (957x1518, 82K)

>ensure that publishers, broadcasters and artists are remunerated fairly.
i love how this quote can't help but show MSM just REEEEEEing that bottom-feeding journalists aren't getting paid as much as they used to because of google/facebook/twitter

ANIMEFAGS BTFO

Attached: 1524956566854.png (600x580, 360K)

Also scratch the artists from that statement, they won't see a dime.

satania is not for lewd

Attached: 3f5.gif (640x360, 1.79M)

>stricter copyright rules
>soviet union

Based. Freetards btfo

>Google’s YouTube and Facebook’s Instagram and other sharing platforms will have to install upload filters to prevent users from uploading copyrighted materials.
imagine having to pay a license fee everytime you uploaded a screenshot from a tv show or a meme from an old movie

The EU and the UK are parodies of themselves now

Attached: 1522197973264.gif (633x600, 176K)

THE TIME OF THE EUSSR HAS COME

WE NEED TO SEIZE THE MEANS OF SPEECH

Attached: karl-marx-9401219-1-402.jpg (300x300, 11K)

>ensure that artists are remunerated fairly
Damn, it's piracy bullshit 2.0

Youtube censorship is fucking insane in the EU. Living in the country that became a EU member relatively recently (Croatia
- 2013, but the censorship began a few years later) you can witness a unique transformation just on the basic level of Youtube videos and who knows what else is going on in the background.
I had a bunch of Jow Forumstard videos (reports on immigrant crisis, WW2 videos, kikes etc.) in my Favorites saved over the years and about half of them got censored for me a few years later. Other countries don't really notice this because the videos are banned from the beginning but holy shit it feels like living in China or some shit.

china is unironically better friend, time to defect

kek

mogu potvrdit

>*This video is blocked in your country*
Nothing personal, kid

>can't share memes in EU
that is a fucking miracle
memes were a fucking mistake

this will kill cancerous memes?

wtf i love the EU now

Aren't copyright laws already really strict in countries like Germany and the UK? I know people make fun of burgers all the time but pirating here is still pretty wild west. At worst you get letters from your ISP telling you to knock it off.

Do they work if you use an American VPN? Maybe they just got banned everywhere. I live in Lithuania and I don't remember ever getting the "this video is not available in your country" message.

>b-but muh network neutrality
Lol eurofags.

they get paid the same. (old) news companies, on the other hand, are dying. the EU probably wants to save them...
I say kill them all.

Until now platform providers were only made to cooperate with legal investigations (such as giving out user IP adresses which could then be linked to names through a court order presented to the corresponding ISP).

Under the new EU law they themselves can be held liable and fined ridiculous amounts unless they take reasonable action to prevent sharing of copyrighted material in the first place. In other words anything that even remotely triggers any sort of filtering algorithm never gets released to begin with. Imagine Youtube, but instead of the algorithm going overboard on flagging videos it prevents them from even being uploaded.

I haven't tried but I'm guessing they do since it says it's not available in my country, otherwise it'd be some other message.

That's strange for Lithuania, maybe it's not a EU-wide ban or you haven't stumbled upon the right videos :^)
I know I used to watch videos that Germans couldn't, and then suddenly neither could I.

Why did (((England))) make (((copyright))) laws in the first place?
Anything you buy is owned by you and you should be allowed to resell it, rebrand it, modify it, duplicate it and reverse engineer it. Intellectual property that you share (give or sell) is no longer exclusively yours and anyone you give it to should have the right to distribute it (aka books/software).
Nobody did anything when copyright laws were first introduced and nobody has done anything to remove these totalitarian and unjust laws ever since. This wouldn't have happen if people weren't sheep who religiously agreed with either governments or corporations who want to remove human rights. Think like a sheep, vote like a sheep, live like a sheep.

At least you can watch kids do yoga and lollipop challenges.

Yes, because UK invented copyright and Germany is the EU leader. But they just punish seeding torrents, not downloading stuff. Tribler client goes around this.
Still, this is a huge leap since it now affects normie sites.

I don't care anymore.
Google and Facebook can get fucked
Good job poisoning the well, retards.

>unholy grill is not for unholy pics
what?

Attached: 1550363349140.jpg (532x750, 37K)

>news websites put snippets in the meta data of their pages specifically for scraping purposes
>some government decides you now have to pay those companies for that

Finally, based EU killing the Internet and thus the big four tech cancers in the process

>communism
>enforcing copyright
lolno

The only people who will agree with your position are those with nothing worth protecting; people who want what others have created. How long do you thing manufacturers would last if their IP could be copied and sold?
Where would be the reward for the risk-taking and the evelopment work?

there's nowhere to fucking move either.
The only civilized european countries not in EU are norway (lol still cucked) and iceland

I know Europeans love to shit on USA for being controlled by large corporations and their lobbies, but EU is really no different. The European parliament with it's elected representatives is nothing but a rubber stamp approving legislations penned up by faceless unelected bureaucrats. It's basically a lobbyist's dream because you only need to win these bureaucrats over and you're done. Worst part is there is literally nothing in the system that could ever bring these criminals who are blatantly against the best interests of citizens to justice. When this shit was being decided there were tons of people in the govt for the legislation who literally had never even read what they were even advocating for.

The whole system of EU needs to burn down and be replaced.

Attached: faggot_bat.jpg (960x711, 43K)

I'm pretty sure its doing exactly what its intended to do.

>soviet union
>copyright

this is your brain on Jow Forums, folks

>The EU thinks it does good
Put the koolaid down, buddy.

I think the U.S. should respect EU privacy and stop defending the continent and let Russia take it over and run it to the ground.

Cut before Gabu, otherwise it detracts from the whole danger sequence. Or add the punchline if you wanna bulli Satania.

You do realise that all EU nations have a mutual defense agreement and that two of them have nuclear capabilities right?
The reason they took Crimea is because ukraine isn't in the EU

You know how Youtube deletes videos if you can prove they violate your copyrights?
That's already sufficient to not be liable for Article 13.

The article literally says that "content providers shall do their best to remove copyrighted content", but not knowing about the content is still sufficient to not be liable.
Automated content identification and whatnot are not even mentioned in the article.

Breakup of the so-called European Union in 3, 2, 1...

Personally, I'm all for anything that lowers the search ranking of globalist MSM propaganda on search engines

Not everyone in the parliament is a corporate stooge as you're suggesting. The system is fine. It's just that Europeans voted to be cucked. See pic related.

Attached: 1529515006221.jpg (1680x1304, 146K)

I dont see how this legislation is even possible to implement. you can't just filter all incoming content easily at all, it's a gargantuan if not feasibly impossible task. not to mention it would likely be simple to bypass

To add to this, even the regular army of eu countries is huge. I think that combined, it makes the third largest military by manpower, and it has just as much airpower. It's like you stupid fucks compare a single country the size of a us state to the entire us and say that it's military is weak.

>upload filters
fucking boomers

well you do know who won the war don't you

>right tards are the paid off corporate dick slurpers
Every fucking time.

>t. amerishart Who knows nothing about the EU but still needs to express his retarded, ill-informed and wrong opinion
Go back watching BlackPidgeonSpeaks

>restricts uploading copyrighted material tgat can be found anyway
>don't restrict constant spying
Fucking gayropeans

imagine the smell

It hasn't passed, the final version of it was ratified to be voted on.

It's because we have no fucking say in who gets to vote on these laws. This is just what happens when you build a superstate like the EU and the people making the decisions get completely detached from the common folk - and worst of all, there's no way for us to remove these fuckers from parliament via voting.

Same here. Had a folder of youtube vids about migrant crisis. 90% of it doesnt exist on youtube now. Funny thing is there was also videos of some journalist reporting on UN ground about syria, white helmets, isis... Gone.

tldr using ip as an excuse eu is completely seizing flow of information to block anything that goes against official narrative

Time to get some african vpn

Based EU BTFOing the internet

The modern web is cancer

>using copyright laws to censor
>using copyright laws to stop any meming agains gowernment
>not soviet union
Fuck off eu shill

communism is great

The internet was a mistake. Based EU putting an end to this madness to save humanity from itself.

i dont understand how a fucking news can be a copywrite? it's not artistically unique enough to qualify

>this law
>about enforcing copyright
That's just what it got sold to your dumb ass as, Comrade. Welcome to EUSR.

Spamming the fucking internet with cookies notifications was not enough apparently

It's not communism, it's divide and conquer.

Imagine you're the citizen of a small EU country. You're allowed to elect your local government (which will have some say on the council) and the European Parliament.
The European Parliament can't do shit, it's true that it must agree with the laws the commission wants to pass, but that's it. They get to say no. Maybe. Sometimes. Who is the commission, you may ask? A bunch of technocrats and bureaucrats appointed by the big EU leaders (Merkel, Macron, etc.) which you have absolutely no way of voting out of office.
These people are completely detached from everything. Even if the whole voting public would absolutely hate them, why would they give a fuck? What are they gonna do about it?

>Pre-2019 Copyright Rule: Don't steal and use other people's shit with out their permission.
>2019 Copyright Rule Change: Don't steal and use other people's shit with out their permission. We really mean it!

*yawn*

God that has to be the worst channel I have ever fucking seen. The fucking Proto American that has never left his fucking country gets all his new from CNN or Fox but is a total expert on Europe and how it is to live here.

>then America shuts the internet off for all EU

Now what? lol

Probably wouldn't be that bad.

The only reason we don't have our own services like the Chinese and Russians is because we let the Americans invade our infrastructure. Because pre-Snowden we were delusional enough to think the United States would treat their western Allies with any form of respect.

It'd be devastating for the US economy and their tech companies, and there are no words to adequately tell you how little I care about those companies profit margins or that 7th world shithole country.

Snowden is long term one of the best things to happen to the (European) tech industry. And honestly there are way better alternatives to most US services that are EU based right now. And those that have no alternative you can still use their shit service until someone comes around and does it better.

nice amerilarp
there's EU wide elections for parliament

How does it work for small countries? Is there a legislative body like the American senate that gives equal representation to every small country so their not just controlled by the handful of larger ones?

This is actually an important lesson for the EU. The big publishers were willing to shat over the Internet in order to have the law designed entirely around them and their interests. It will crash and burn the established services and that will lead to a quick response to get rid of it again. This might provoke more political momentum, this time against them and their lobbyists. We will have decent eurocentric Internet laws at some point, but not now. Watch Julia Reda and check from time to time what she does. She's the only competent MEP in regards to Internet.

goddamn I hate the right wing

american copyright jews
old corrupt politicians

what else is new?

eu parliament = house (elected by the people)
eu council = senate (prime ministers from every eu country)
eu commission = the cabinet (elected by eu council + eu parliament)

>tfw this got passed just before we left and the Tories will mysteriously never get around to repealing it

>he actually believes this shit

Attached: 9c8.jpg (499x499, 130K)

ukip.org/national-ukip-news-item.php?id=18

Daily reminder that UKIP voted against this while Labour, Tories and Lib Dems all either voted in favour or abstained. Meanwhile some faggot's "projection based on negotiators' positions" puts the Eurosceptic Conservative vote at 100% approve? Your chart is bullshit.

>EU makes stricter regulations
Shocking. What will these clowns do to justify their jobs in 10, 20 years when absolutely every aspect of everyone's life has been regulated?

>smug anime reaction image

_.,-----/=\-----,._
(__ ~~~"""""""~~~ __)
| ~~~"""""""""~~~ |
| | ; , , ; | |
| | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |
| | | (You) | | |
| | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |
|. \_| | | |_/ .|
`-,.__ ~~~ __.,-'

I couldn't care less, most of my activities are illegal anyways.

Imageboard stuff, which just doesn't get reported and the servers are based outsides of the EU.

Also downloading illegal software, movies, music etc.

Fuck governments, fuck society.

Attached: 1550259697554.png (500x401, 74K)

Fuck off, Xiao.

Attached: Theresa-May-leaves-Downing-Street.jpg (615x923, 147K)

>2 out of 3 bodies aren't even directly elected by the people
I thought you eurofags like to wank off to democracy. This is embarrassing.

its not a EU ban, in spain at least all those nazi vids are unblocked thankfully

>no more shitposting yurocucks
Thank God.

>the prime minister is not directly elected

Attached: 1550749975264.jpg (1024x748, 82K)

Prime Ministers are not directly elected in most countries. They are usually elected by members of the party or something similar.

Only a retard would actually use a service inside their own country, especially in China or Russia.

yeah it's usually the leader of the winning party, but they still need to be elected to actually be able to become the prime minister
it's like arguing that the leaders of the senate are undemocratic

It wasn't voted in yet you retards, can't you read?

The presidential cabinet is not directly elected by the people. I thought you amerisharts like to wank off to democracy?

>It wasn't voted in yet you retards, can't you read?
WHICH MEANS NOW IS THE TIME TO MOUNT RESISTANCE

Attached: 67_.jpg (890x890, 327K)

So, Americans must be retards then?

The problem with Chinese and Russian services is that they're necessarily cooperating with autocratic and repressive regimes. Not that they're inside their own country.

Yes. Practically everyone I would even consider voting for here is against it, but of course the Catholic faggots are voting for it. If this actually passes, I'm voting for a fucking exit the first chance I get. First Monsanto, now this shit.

Copyright is wrong prove me wrong

This will just spur on more privacy and piracy technologies. It always has and always will.

>So, Americans must be retards then?
Is that a serious question? Like, don't you know the answer?
>they're necessarily cooperating with autocratic and repressive regimes
They have no fucking choice because they're inside the country.

Mickey Mouse belongs to Public Domain, not joke. Retroactive laws are in matter of the fact, ILLEGAL therefore all the copyright extensions are null and void when it comes to works existing at the time.

Meaning original Disney works are no longer under copyrights, legally.