Nvidia's GTX 1660 Ti

fucking $279 for an NVidia card than can run stuff like PUBG?
What do you all think about this?

Attached: GTX1660 TI.jpg (1600x1054, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shiroxcx(.)tk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

retarded card release but even more retarded card name

seriously gtx 1660? why not gtx 1160?

mostly that my 1070 has a long life ahead of it

>Buying Nvidia
>Ever
I seriously hope you don't to this. Nvidia is the enemy of your freedom.

I just care about fps.

I've never really bought Nvidia, but I've considered it once or twice
then I saw 2kliksphilp's video about Nvidia

Enjoy signing into facebook to update your windows GPU driver.
Enjoy proprietary nonsense and active hostility with the Linux GPU driver.

It doesn't matter if you're a Wincuck or GNU/Linux user. Nvidia is the worst.

why not 1666Ti?

Fuck you i only buy nvidia you dumb drone if amd was so good they wouldnt suck so bad with their 300w cards that run like shit

It COULD have been really nice but nvidia gimped it by slapping on just 6GB of vRAM. Better choice would be a vega 56 and UV + OC it. Or wait for navi which will launch in a few months. For a similar price you'll probably get significantly better performance and 8GB of vRAM than the 1660ti.

It's neat but a 1070 can be had for less on ebay.

AMDfags are pathetic.

>fucking $279 for an NVidia card

But

>30% faster than a gtx 1060 6gb
>20% faster than a rx 590
>5% slower than a Vega 56
>2% faster than a gtx 1070
>gains 11% more actual gaming performance when overclocked
>Power consumption 120 watts
>quiet
>runs cool

I don't play gayme on linux

I own a R9 290,is it worth upgrading to a 1660ti?

1070 strix here, think I'm all set for 5 more years if I sacrifice ultra down the road

Attached: 1550030063484.gif (198x200, 293K)

The RX590 is slower + housefire, so fuck off

Attached: power_maximum.png (500x810, 50K)

Just don't be fucking retarded and buy an Nvidia card or an AMD card. They both suck and are both ass. Wait till intel GPU.

Yes, or a rx580 if you are a poorfag

Thanks,but I thought the 580 and 290 are about the same in performance.

It can't compete with Navi. Nvidia is in big troubles.

Attached: justwaitfornavi.jpg (1080x1397, 154K)

Yeah, can't wait for those Indian ass wipers to get released so there's less shit in the streets. Raja is gonna be amazing over there!

>RX 590 same power draw as a 2080Ti for 1/3 the performance

Anyone holding out hope for Navi is a fool.

>dumb drone
>i only buy nvidia
this is bait right

>>>/plebbit/
Here is your eco chamber you want

right, just as I thought.
youre a braindead nvidiot

300w
W

Kys shill

>shill
>never said anything about amd
>i only buy nvidia
just stop nvidia marketeer

Attached: 1491916955985.png (653x726, 42K)

So basically a 1070 for almost the same price, how impressive (no)

Nvidia realized the only thing AMD had left was being the king of retarded product names. I didn't think they could one up "Vega is Vega" but here we are

Just download the driver off their website using tor or whatever, retard. Also nice reddit spacing, you're the enemy of this website, kys.

Don't download any applications over Tor. There are exit nodes that automatically infect any executables that come across the wire with viruses.

>nvidia cards run on nvidia sponsored games
WEW

Compare the hash then?

Based GPU choice, user.
>tfw using a 10 year old platform with second hand server CPU (x5675) OCed to 4GHz
>tfw 1440p @ max is starting to push it

Kind of sad that Nvidia has to fill so many market crevices that they ran out of numbers. The only reason they can do this is because the top GPU's price is astronomically high so they can fill the low and mid end with a zillion different GPUs. AMD needs to pay their engineers overtime so Navi can be ready this spring at the latest.

Lol back again with the shilling, Aren't you user?

In kind of lost hope in AMD GPUs.
Don't mistake me for a Nvidia drone, I love how Ryzen/TR/Epyc is fucking Intels shit up.
But for the consumer market, it seems like AMD is playing catch up for some generations now, and I'm worried if they will ever catch up again.
>tfw last AMD card was Radeon 9800 Pro

What the FUCK is a 1660ti?

It is power limited to 120W but still delivers 1070 tier performance.

This card will be an absolute BEAST if you mod it to remove the power limit. Imagine this card at 250W. Would easily beat a 2060/1080

Attached: 1460413816946.jpg (570x570, 21K)

I thought 1660 is 3GB?

YOU HAVE GOOGLE

Attached: 1550359806212.jpg (306x328, 73K)

is PUBG supposed to be hard to run? it looks like an n64 game seriously

>cares about fps
>supports nvidia

You're the reason fps is so shit these days. Nvidia with it's retarded proprietary CUDA architecture is literally gimping games to run well on their low ass shader count. Cards like the vega 56 have the same shader counts as a 1080ti while being half the price and any game that is optimized for AMD BTFOs Nvidia's cards every time.

Nvidia is literally cucking you and gimping AMD users at the same time. It's time to stop.

Only on nvidia can you run free drivers without proprietary blobs

Attached: 1549989656610.png (1080x1920, 288K)

Shouldn't a vega 64 + 15% BTFO a gtx 1080/2070? Hell even the vega 56 is beating the 1080 in most new games these days.

590 really is a power pig, but it's also super cheap. If you have the psu for it, it's fine as a budget card, especially for gamers and people who want to bridge a gap between playing STALKER on minimum settings and Rust on Ultra. It's a good card for the masses.

That said, if you can afford a 1060/1070 they're objectively better in every single way.

Its actually incredibly terribly optimized

AMD cards don't even have a decent hardware encoder. Turings encoder is actually on par with x264 fast. Pretty nice for anyone who streams because you won't have to waste CPU power for encoding.

Just downloaded GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL v419.17 for GTX 1080ti
Anyone else getting minimal graphic artifacts?

Well they were hardly going to give this thing 8 GB if the 2060 has 6 GB.

Gtx 1080 pascal fag here pretty happy with it as a 2k 75hz+ card
Only game that kills it is metro 3 on extreme

The 6GB limit is due to the way they cut down the units in the GPU. If they wanted to use 8GB then they'd have to go the path of the GTX970.
Other possible configurations would be something like 9GB and 12GB, but 6GB isn't really a limitation on a card in the midrange, where the 1660 is placed. Games that would use more by going full uncompressed textures would run like shit anyway, not even due to the VRAM limitation.

People seriously need to stop calling 2560x1440 "2K"

2560x1080x75hz Master race

Buy Radeon 7 sir, 16GB good, 6GB bad.

75Hz is not enough. 100Hz is the minimum.

Just buy a 1060 then

R5 8gb is smooth for me.

>This is your brain on nvidia
We need more GPU competition or a communist government to seize Nvidia and open source everything.

There is no such thing as a communist government. Communism by definition is a stateless, classless, moneyless society.

I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO GET

1660ti
OR

for solid 60fps1080p on ultra settings

SOMEONE HELP

Attached: 1448863281731s.jpg (228x227, 8K)

Wrong, this card (TU116) doesn't have enough shaders, TMUs, ROPs while on a 192-bit memory and it is already near its clockspeed celling when boosted.

It would be only be as fast as a 1080 and 2060 while consuming more power to get that level of performance.

wait for navi sir

Quadro RTX 8000, 48GB best!

Undervolt

Buy Radeon 7 sir

bullshit.
the new rtx series smashes every card even in VULKAN titles, where normaly AMD would perform a bit better than usualy

shiroxcx(.)tk/

thats probably true but the only time iv ever had a card fail on me was an ATI one
plus the UI is terrible for turning down the brightness at night

Attached: technologyiscool.jpg (500x600, 47K)

pls do the needful sign here on vega 56 order thx

i'll buy when it's on sale for $199 with fan off in idle feature

>Being a poor fag who wants a midrange card at best
It would be dumb only if AMD offered a good alternative for the high end market.

Attached: Quattro.png (1060x768, 1.06M)

AMDrones are mentally challenged

AMD can shit on a plate and they'd still buy it

Is this going to be a visible upgrade for GTX 960? Or should I wait for next paycheck and get RTX 2060?

not worth. just buy a used 1070 or Crossfire 2 RX 470's (polaris has gotten stupid cheap)

-you can disable Nvidia's telemetry easily, but at the same time you're getting fucked 1000x harder by Windows's telemetry anyway that it's nearly a moot point
-proprietary isn't inherently a bad thing unless they phone home shit you can't see, which they don't
-what do you mean by 'active hostility'? it's a pain in the ass to install across most distros but other than that

i still believe. Polaris was designed to be an efficient mid-range arch, anything beyond that and Performance-per-watt flies out the window. the Rx 590 is just an overclocked-to-shit rx 480 for people that don't care about their electricity bill (i.e. 7970 people).
vega's subpar TDP has me a little worried, however.

> Crossfire 2 RX 470
Never consider miltiGPU in SLI/Crossfire.
It certainly matches Vega 56, could be interesting to see what's the OC limit if it weren't locked by its power limit. Right now I think Vega 56 has the edge due to 8 GBs of RAM, if you aren't going to change your GPU in a year. If Nvidia will lower the price to $200, all 4GB Polaris will be killed.

Ooops.

Attached: 1660tiperperwatt.png (619x329, 34K)

AYYMD

I had to retire my SR2 and dual 5690s recently because I was hitting that bottleneck hard trying to use NVLink on my 2080 ti FEs, and 4k just wasn't happening without a struggle. Really didn't want to, because this system is a beast, but I think I've finally hit the limit with it.

I wouldn't bother with the 1660 until that price drops another $50-$100. Could have been an incredible deal but nvidia fucked up by not pricing it correctly.

I bought one of the B stock 1060s last week for $170. Would it be worth it to return the card and drop another $100 bones or so (not including restock) on the 1660?

11 hours late but Correcting the Record
no
sidegrade
you're right

Based 1070 bros

Older Intel high end Intel CPUs or Rzyen + 1070 is an excellent way to get great performance at a good price.

It's retarded.

It's basically a 1070 with 2GB less VRAM and 20W less TDP.

Considering the Vega56 is a little faster and since some time can be bought for 260€ here... doesn't seem like such a great card. But everyone is still hyping it.

Used 1070s can be had from 200€ where I live, so I would rather buy that and spend the saved 100€ on a whore.

Attached: Capture.png (430x171, 131K)

nvidia will literally bankrupt RTG when they move to 7nm
I'm more interested in intel's gpu offerings at this point

You're the one thats retarded

AYYMD isn't cutting the price of the Pooga 56 which costs $300 just to make

OMG 8% more efficient compared to 3 years old 1070, but

>25% less VRAM
>20% less shader units
>5% hgiher core clock
>low-power GDDR6

Amazing architecture improvements...

Attached: seriously.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

We need a dictatorship of the proletariat to seize Nvidia and open source everything.

Vega56 seems to be more a workhorse card vs a gaming card. But a 1070 with a bit less VRAM for 1080p would be great for them gaymez

MSI ref. design was 259€ for about two weeks here with plenty of supply, now it's up at 279€ exactly matching 1660Ti.

AMDs pajeet shaders can't be compared with Nvidia cards

>for solid 60fps1080p on ultra settings

Attached: assassins-creed-odyssey_1920-1080[1].png (500x610, 41K)

>the math skills of amdrones

>this means I will need a 2070

kill me

>Ubishit games

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

:^)
Turing's performance makes it look like it's just a die shrink of Pascal if you don't have the meme hardware on it.

Attached: Untitled.png (628x296, 21K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1550915167329.png (500x254, 21K)