Surface Pro 6

Do you think there's a chance of Microsoft switch over to AMD for the next generation of Surface products?

Attached: 1543357337210.png (2757x1337, 2.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-book-2/8mcpzjjcc98c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not a chance in hell. The plebians that by these things don't give a fuck besides Intel

what do you mean the plebians? the surface pro 6 is a better purchase than most laptops (including any non-modern thinkpad). plus, plebians don't know shit about CPUs, but they do know and care about battery life, and isn't Zen supposed to be more energy efficient?

Most people spending SP6 money are buying Apple products. If anyone cares enough to go through on the SP6, they probably want to see IntelTM CoreTM i5 on the box and feel good knowing they fell for the meme.

>Most people spending SP6 money are buying Apple products.
this is such bullshit, you need to realize that the apple market share in everywhere other than north america is the opposite.

>implying the rest of the world cares about Microsoft

Attached: 1465927549715.jpg (200x200, 10K)

no one cares as much about Applel as Amerimutts do.

no

/thread

and the reason for this is because the new amd stuff has terrible battery life. It's okay when actually working, but in the fairly idle use case of consumer laptops it doesn't reduce it's power draw and falls behind intel and arm stuff.

Then foreigners are spending money on their GLORIOUS HOME COUNTRY tech. I liked my Surface Pro 3 and like my Surface Book, but let's not pretend the Surface lineup are terribly popular products.

>the surface pro 6 is a better purchase than most laptops
>poor port selection
>last gen cpus
>weaker gpu than last gen SP model
>cant be upgraded
>cant be repaired outside of taking it to a store
>keyboard sold seperately.
Fuck off.

>a tablet
>can't be upgraded
you're a special kind of retard, aren't you?

Were comparing it to laptops, learn to read.

most laptops are not much better

A surface is like a thinkpad with soldered in components that has been superglued shut.

a thinkpad is like a rotary phone that hipsters pretend to like

>>cant be repaired outside of taking it to a store
Can't be repaired period. Microsoft just gives you a new one under warranty and a refurb out of it.

no

I use a SP3 regularly, even for gaming (Streaming from steam or PS4). It's great, didn't even know they have a SP6.

you can stream ps4 to windows?

Yes. PS4 Remote play app. Works great, very seamless. Steam is faster but not as easy to switch on and off. Supposed to be even better with PS4 Pro too.

What about Surface Laptop 2? Is it any good?

get the Surface Book 2 instead.
It's a full sized laptop, it has a battery in the display, and in the base(keyboard), which also includes a dedicated GPU.

You can take the display off and use it without the base even.
microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-book-2/8mcpzjjcc98c

Attached: 1535901026263.jpg (1253x705, 186K)

*Buy, learn to spell nigger.

Not really, chinks and rich euros love them.

fuck off nigger, look up apple market share in north america and compare it to europe

>the surface pro 6 is a better purchase than most laptops
It is.
>poor port selection
Tbh most ultrabooks have terrible port selection, most working professionals dont use ports that often.
>last gen cpus
the 8th gen inten cpus are pretty good desu
>weaker gpu than last gen SP model
No one besides gamers cares the performance difference is negligible.
>cant be upgraded
No one buys these thinking about up grading it. They use it for 2-4 years and buy a new one.
>cant be repaired outside of taking it to a store
Most computers need to be taken to the store to be repaired
>keyboard sold separately.
Stop being poor. Its like $130, anyone with a real job can make that in a few hours.

The Surface Books are overpriced as fuck and the slate portion has ass battery life. Pretty okay on the used market though.

>It is.
It's not
>Tbh most ultrabooks have terrible port selection, most working professionals dont use ports that often.
That's fucking wrong. At least they come with more than USB port or USB-C. There's no excuse to not have either on the SP6.
>the 8th gen inten cpus are pretty good desu
Pretty good doesn't cut it when everyone makes an ultrabook with more modern internals
>No one besides gamers cares the performance difference is negligible.
This is true
>No one buys these thinking about up grading it. They use it for 2-4 years and buy a new one.
Also true
>Most computers need to be taken to the store to be repaired
But Microsoft just gives you a new one under warranty or a refurb out of it. They don't make an effort to repair your product.
>Stop being poor. Its like $130, anyone with a real job can make that in a few hours.
Someone can spec out a better ultrabook for a similar price to the tablet & keyboard. It's less of a value proposition to sell it separately.

Surface Pro's are for people who want tablets that can competently handle some laptop duty. They're not ergonomic enough to write extensively on and they're awkward to manage off of a table.

>I personally own a sp6, its has greater versatility compared to most regular laptops.
>You got me on this, hopefully the next generation has a usb c. I dont find myself using the usb port that often on the surface, I use the display more more than I use the usb port.
>The gpu performance means nothing to someone who uses this as a secondary computer. I have a secondary computer with a decent gpu (rtx 2080), there is no need to have a meme gpu thats going to suck of battery live on a ultra book.
> These hybrid devices will become outdated before they break, also most businesses class users have more than enough money to shell out $1500+ on a new machine every few years.
>The warranty is pretty good on the surface devices.
>Most of the laptops that are cheaper dont have good touch screens, have terrible battery life or have no- little pen support

The Surface pro is for someone who want a 60/40 laptop tablet split.

Who gives a fuck? You need a hot air gun and scalpel to open one.
> Soldered ssd and ram
Miss me with that gay shit

Well they have AMD for their gaming console... maybe if they make a Surface tablet for Xbox gaming?

Attached: xbox-surface-tablet1-640x353.jpg (640x353, 31K)

Even though Microsoft and AMD have a close relationship with one another because of Xbox, I highly doubt this will ever happen. Reason? More people trust "Intel i5" over "unknown company 3700u." That might make me sound arrogant, but it's true. Intel has a vastly larger marketshare with laptops and industry professionals then AMD, it's going to stay that way for a while. And if your reply is "AMD is epicly owning the intshills," you have no idea how small the custom PC community really is.

>>I personally own a sp6
you got the pen too? how would you rate it?

>And if your reply is "AMD is epicly owning the intshills," you have no idea how small the custom PC community really is.
>approaching 20% of new cpus from 5% is small
k

Surface products are such a mixed bag

>Surface Pro 1-3 are underpowered as fuck
>Surface Pro 4 has massive thermal issues
>Surface Pro 2017 and 6 seem okay

>Suface Book: underpowered as fuck and hinge system isn't that good
>Surface Book 2 13 inch: okay product but still expensive
>Surface Book 2 15 inch: doesn't charge when the gtx 1060 is doing its job since the magnetic charger only delivers 100 watts

I am fine with my surface book 2. I think in general they are the best 2in1s with a good pen and touchscreen, but there are still significant flaws.

Looking back, I could have bought the surface pro 6 and still got a dedicated gaming PC for the price of my SB2.

Attached: surfacebook-TA.jpg (2400x1800, 589K)

In my university the split between people sitting in a lecture with apple or surface products is pretty 50:50, microsofts marketing worked.

>Surface Pro 1-3 are underpowered as fuck
[Citation needed]

The SP2 started with an i5-4200U.

It's not more or.leaa gimped than anything else with that chip.

my bigger issue with them is that the pen isn't just that good on older models

>It is.
Wrong.
>Tbh most ultrabooks have terrible port selection, most working professionals dont use ports that often.
Wrong on both counts.
>the 8th gen inten cpus are pretty good desu
9th gen is even better.
>Stop being poor. Its like $130, anyone with a real job can make that in a few hours.
130 brings it in range with the higher tier notebooks. Its definitely not a a better purchase at that point.

Name a product in the same pricerange with a touchscreen and pen as good that is also as portable.

Attached: StatCounter-vendor-eu-monthly-201801-201901.png (1280x720, 172K)

>comparing mobile market share to labtops

pure brainlet

Before i answer, tell me your use case with a surface pro 6

I tried the pen on the SP6, it's the best they've done, it doesn't have the issues that the surface book 2 has when you make slow, diagonal straight lines. It's really good.

>Tablets aren't mobile
>Ha you brainlet

Wow nice mental gymnastics there.

Attached: received_334007390482830.png (540x540, 341K)

I cant speak for then pen on older models, the pen on the surface pro 6 is pretty good, I use it for light not taking a drawing. I do some light photo editing and drawing on it it works pretty well. Buy a matte screen protector for it. Overall rating 8.5/10

>Compared to most windows machines in the $800-$1500 range, the surface offers a excellent touchscreen with decent pen support.
>Try telling that to the half the people at my job, the fucking IT director has a surface book, everyone either has a macbook or a surface. Out side of IT professionals, most WORKING professionals use the usb ports often.
t. working professional
>My dude the 9th gen cpus just came out, im pretty sure the 2019 surfaces will have a 9th gen processor.
>The most usable configuration for the surface (i5 8gb ram, 256 ssd) ranges from 999,1299, spending an extra $130 dollars will not break the bank. Find me a decent ultraportable with, good pen support, good battery life and a rock solid warranty for under $1200.

I manage a few work sites and develop curriculum for the organizations I work for. The ability to type up curriculum and, add detailed drawings/ instructional is very important to me. I also like the ability to show clients and co workers useful data in the field, there are situations where showing someone something on a laptop isn't ideal. For anything more intensive, I use my personal desktop at home ( I barely use it since I got the surface) 80% of the shit I do can be done on the surface.

>Sams also hints at a growing frustration between Microsoft and Intel. Like other PC makers, Microsoft is waiting on Intel to finally ship its 10nm processors. Intel’s new chips are supposed to launch in 2019, despite rumors they’ve been canceled. Microsoft could be looking to AMD as an alternative, as Sams notes an AMD-based Surface Laptop could be released in late 2019. Microsoft is reportedly considering using AMD Picasso chips
maybe

would be based

windows 10 is stopping me from buying a surface. so many small things they changed for the worst it drives me crazy

jesus christ who are you quoting fucking reddit. your post is an eye sore to read

Put linux on it.
One of you NEETs

I have a gen 1 SB and I wouldn't recommend it. I mean it's a great machine, the build quality is great, amazing display, good keyboard, good battery life in laptop mode... but the fact that it's a closed machine like an apple product is a huge downside. No upgrading, no replacing a bad component, no replacing the battery, designed for W10 so not as good for linux. I got a good deal on it, $800 because I bought it after the SB2 came out, but now that I know more about tech and have an interest in linux I wouldn't buy one again. I'm just hoping it lasts two more years to get me through undergrad.

>gen 1

Your mistake was believing anyone on Jow Forums is a working adult. Jow Forums will bash on SP because of shit that doesn't matter yet refuse to acknowledge that such a product is extremely convenient to those that require the pen capabilities and windows software

not sure what you're implying here