Why do they keep making phone screens longer?

Why do they keep making phone screens longer?

Sony is doing a 21:9 screen on one of their upcoming phones. This is getting retarded.

Attached: Sony-Xperia-10-10-Plus-Leak.jpg (1200x800, 88K)

I vividly remember seeing memes on cheezburger around the time of the iphone 5's release like this. This trend and our reality is literally a meme now. Why is this even practical lmao

Attached: 2012.jpg (401x620, 44K)

Looks about the right length to me.
Maybe try not being a zoomer.

Attached: handset.jpg (425x319, 9K)

Bigger screen without being wider. Makes life easier for handlets.

Also it's to differentiate it from old models.
Squarer aspect ratio = old thing
Skinnier aspect ratio = new (better) thing

>makes life easier
really love using gestures for everything when i can't reach the top of my foot-long screen. Brilliant.

Compact phone master race

Just as I think someone should shop OPs image, I scroll down and see this. Kek.

I love long phones for this reason but it would be nice if it could fold to fit in a pocket easier.

Tell me more about these gestures.

Thats what the new Motorola razor is supposed to be.

>Why do they keep making phone screens longer?
Because most content is scrollable, so you can see more at a time and minimize scrolling.
Also, movie aspect ratios are pretty close to 21:9, so it's good for movies. It's a pity the internet tends to use 16:9.

I just want a 21:9 G flex 3. It's the best form factor we can achieve. Everything else will be worse than this if it's ever made.

At least they're not adding notches.

Attached: 0ce.png (368x254, 112K)

Z5 is the last aesthetics mobile from Sony.
[spoiler]I still have it and love it[/spoiler]

Attached: 71Y-Lr2MZiL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 133K)

because its better

That phone looks so much better than my Samsung S8+. Sony knows how to make a cool phone.

you meant the XZ1

>I'm not happy to see you, that's just my phone

>5head phone

I loved mine while I had it, though unfortunately the back glass shattered pretty much by itself. Replaced it with a Moto X4 a few months ago but it's still sitting up on my shelf, in all its square cornered, boxy glory.

They can't make them wider because you couldn't hold them, but since they fail to come up with any sort of innovation, their only bet is increasing the numbers, let it be resolution, screen size, number of cameras, number of notches, the thickness (or more like thinness), and so on. The only number they refuse to increase is the number of mAhs the fucking batteries can hold.

Fuck you the Xperia x compact is fucking great

Attached: xperia-X-Compact-Blue-product-shot-2000x2000-f1ea080764f9f1209941e9fbdb452080.png (2000x2000, 377K)

>Sony consistently produces the best camera lenses for smartphone manufacturers
>doesn't use them for their own phones
just

There's nothing wrong with the sensors Sony puts in their own phones, it's the image processing software that's holding their smartphone cameras back

Because if you put a tall and wide phone in your jeans pocket it restricts your movement and you might even have trouble walking.

But a tall and narrow phone feels surprisingly comfortable.

I think they literally tried some differently shaped objects and noted which one would yield the largest surface area while still being comfortable to carry. - sorry if that doesn't happen to be your favorite Netflix aspect ratio.

16:9 is the superior aspect ratio
I watch videos on my phone you fucks

>it's the image processing software that's holding their smartphone cameras back

Bullshit.

You can take a poor quality raw image and process the living shit out of it on your quad GPU desktop workstation, taking 36 hours to render and it would still look like shit.

Don't worry, in 20 years time most videos will be 9:20 (filmed vertically).

If I had monies I'd product a vertical web soap opera for masses.

I don't know if 21:9 television is hot stuff concerning series and movies, but more internet content is a winner here.