Raspberry Pi

I got one of these neat Raspberry Pi 3 B+ as a gift. What the fuck do I do with it?

Already have Raspbian and Retropie. I'm thinking of maybe gutting an old PlayStation I have gathering dust around here and sticking it in there, but I wanna figure out if there's a way to make use of the controller ports, power/reset buttons and the CD reader if it's doable.

Attached: th.jpg (474x345, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pi-hole.net/
github.com/sakaki-/gentoo-on-rpi3-64bit
rbt.asia/g/search/text/raspberry/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Put LibreElec on it for Kodi.

pi-hole.net/

github.com/sakaki-/gentoo-on-rpi3-64bit

Personal calendar & contacts sync server (I recommend Radicale)

Maybe dumb question, but what's the advantage of running gentoo over raspbian on one of these things. It already kind of struggles with raspbian as it is.

install gentoo

It's actually somewhat more performant, for what it's worth (which isn't much).

Hey user, try searching rbt, we get this thread twice a day

This is a neat idea, thanks.
I'll definitely try it out, thanks.
>we get this thread twice a day
No we don't.

Sell it and get a Arduino and do a practical project like a clock or variable-speed fucking machine.

I already have a couple of those around the house.

>variable-speed fucking machine
>current year
user, you need to keep up, we're now going full teledildonics!

I'm not joking, this is by far the most reoccurring, non-general/shitpost thread on this board. If you want a nice list of all the possible solutions, the threads on RBT are the best place to look.

the hell is rbt

>rbt.asia/g/search/text/raspberry/type/op/

How gnu are you?

this is a stupid idea, the raspi has such horrendous performance for emulation and video playback, anyone who jumps on this unoriginal idea must enjoy the taste of shit or something. keep your playstation and use your raspi for automation or a simple server

Lmao what? It runs everything up to the PS1 perfectly.

seedbox

Don't do this. I had a rutorrent seed box setup and it maxed out DL at 7mb/s. Upload at 1mb/s. Absolutely garbage. Good for general purpose use and emulation though.

Install msdos on it and play dos games while programming in assembly

make your own spotify

Just use Raspbian lite and install Xfce on top of it should be enough to have a smooth experience

>but I wanna figure out if there's a way to make use of the controller ports, power/reset buttons and the CD reader if it's doable.
if you don't even have the basic brain function to figure out what to do with a turing-complete computer than can compute anything that can be computed, what makes you think you'd be able to figure this out you fucking retard?

owie my feelies

dust collection machine

I prefer warosu

Get 3 more, network together, build a kubernetes cluster, have a fun lab to mess with.