The coding interview

>starts right into coding without figuring out the algo first
no hire

Attached: 1536946053670.jpg (1280x868, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

noteoneverything.blogspot.com/2017/07/contents-1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not realizing he's using a gradient descent on his own brain
your company will be bankrupt in 6 months

No one cares about your unscientific process if selecting candidates. A thread died for this.

It's funny to see these threads still. I can't remember the last time I had to write code or do any sort of whiteboarding during an interview.

do you want to be hired or not? if so follow our rules

Attached: 1523300451663.png (944x978, 463K)

>CA
>CA
>CA
>CA

Attached: 1535161938117.png (297x200, 21K)

Those entry level coding interviews hardly require any thinking. I wonder if they still do those interviews once you already have long coding background.

They don't. You might have to do one if you have no ability to show your experience otherwise, but anyone who is worth a shit will probably either get poached or just be able to explain that they're actually good without writing any code.

SF is comfy. Great weather and you can easily find friends that won't mind the fact you're socially inept.

I make 300k in a state with no income tax.

If you do, just leave. I have no time for some bullshit 4hr 3 round interview bullshit and neither should you if you have any level of meaningful experience.

>SF is comfy.
wrong

Learn PHP
noteoneverything.blogspot.com/2017/07/contents-1.html

>>SF is comfy.
>wrong
wrong

woah that's a lot of money

Attached: sanfrandesignatedshittingstreets.jpg (690x920, 68K)

>Web development
ewwww

has anyone else literally never had a coding interview where you've had to whiteboard? In all of mine they've talked about my personal projects, asked me about some of the design decisions I made, and have asked some high-level questions about how I would implement solutions for certain problems

Pajeet, please.
Did you think a white man would run into a battle without strategizing first?

would they mind if i was a white nationalist?
Not the annoying kind mind you, but honestly i don't like spics all that much.

I've conducted about 100 interviews. Most people already know not to jump straight into coding so the things they do wrong are more subtle.

Like throwing random algorithms and data structures at the problem just cause they seem related. All that's going to do is waste time you could spend solving the problem. Another is seeking confirmation you are on the right track. If you are way off track I will tell you. Otherwise you should proceed as if I'm not here.

>sour grape this much

If you keep your power level hidden, you should be fine.
There's also surprisingly many people who identify as libertarians. Since it's such a destination city, not everyone is a typical commiefornia ultra liberal sjw.

You are bad at hiring, and you should feel bad.
You aren't worth your salary. You are a result of weak regulation and barriers to entry.
Get fucked.

Unless you’re stupid enough to spout your racist shit on social media to your name, I doubt it.

Input validation is bloat

>jumping straight into figuring out an algorithm instead of asking questions about to problem such as what you can assume for all cases
Trust me I can tell all of you are going to get set on fire during your interviews lol

Attached: HorribleSubs_Golden_Kamuy_16_1080p_snapshot_00.16.03.797_2018.10.31_19.43.17_subs.jpg (1920x1080, 351K)