The Samsung Fold is pretty revolutionary. Is this the future of portable cellular/multimedia devices...

The Samsung Fold is pretty revolutionary. Is this the future of portable cellular/multimedia devices? Has Samsung just ushered in a new age of phones? How long until Apple “invents” a folding iphone and charges double the price?

Attached: F069EACA-F07E-4A6C-AD61-FC826E202DFF.gif (1100x618, 3.83M)

It's all gonna depend on pricepoint, how well it actually works, and how sturdy it is. Impossible to say until it gets into the hands of consumers (if it ever does)

It'll be interesting once new battery tech arrives.
also
>dogshit small screen when closed
>muh 20 cameras resulting in a huge notch
>thick as fuck when folded
>shit aspect ratio on both screens
maybe a woman could carry this in her purse

I'll wait for the Fold 2.

I'd carry this around.
I used to carry a PSVita in my pocket all the time.

>dat off center front panel with the massive bezel
>massive inner notch

Samsung is taking the piss

They need to half the price, make the fold not have a gap when closed, the outer screen edge to edge and... add a stylus.

Then I'd be quite interested.

Reminder

Attached: paizuri_revolution.png (900x1140, 657K)

>The screen has to be plastic, which means a shit ton of scratches.
>There was already a crease that you could visibly see in the demonstration
>It's thick as hell.
>Folded, it's a tiny ass cell phone. Unfolded, it's a tiny ass tablet.
>It starts at $2k

I'm not saying that there isn't a future for these types of devices, but I can straight up tell you that if there is one, this phone is to that future what the Moto Rokr with iTunes was to the iPhone.

Attached: moto.jpg (308x430, 19K)

FUTURE IS HERE!!!

TAKE MY MONEY! SAMSUNG!!

So far it seems people are enthusiastic for it and are willing to forgive its functionality, or lack thereof
No can do about that price though unless you're a retard with money

No thanks shill shecklestien I'll keep my old 5" oppo

version 2.
you know its going to be improved right
why would they make something this revolutionary half the price which would be in the same price point as a brand new s10

I know.

I just said what I am waiting for.

Samsung anounced this shit going back to 2013. Youm. Tv next up... watches etc

7" tablets were fine before, don't see the issue now. Though that phone screen is absolutely woeful, wtf were they thinking. I'd wait til the next one.

The concept is fine but it will take about 2 to 3 years to shine, and that's a lot of time for a gimmick to shine. If it's pulled off properly and ends up being affordable and effective, the already dying market for tablets will come to an end, because Microsoft will end up trying to do the same shit with Windows.

>when the phone is folded it's not flat
HUGE YIKES
>1980$
get the fuck out of my internet

Apple should just quit and sell off the assets, the whole company is deprecated

Hopefully this is the beginning of phone manufacturers meandering back onto the true path.

Attached: superb-slider-phones.jpg (468x380, 16K)

I got announced a few days ago. You can get one in April. it costs 2000usd.