It's back boys!

Attached: logo.png (800x170, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/hM4rn
archive.fo/fswlB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

?

I don't give a FUCK about accurate emulation of console shovelware from the 90s

Nice! The only way forward for bsnes to go is optimization, and hopefully this delivers. I wonder when it'll be ported over to retroarch.

is there a version for NES?

Attached: spurdo-benis.png (419x249, 11K)

Actually bsnes has been updated to be less accurate and is more focused on performance. It'll only use more accurate emulation in games that require it to function.

Why should I use this over Mednafen?

bsnes (retroarch core) runs pretty well in high-end ARM systems. Works beautifully on an iPad Air 2. Maybe one day it'll be optimized enough to run on a raspberry pi.

mesen :DDDDDDD

Attached: 1540815554394-3.png (200x225, 63K)

>Mea Culpa2019-02-22

>I've been around online for over two decades now. And in that time, I've been at times too polarizing, too opinionated, too set in my ways. I've played the devil's advocate on positions I had no business getting involved in. I've stirred up drama in matters that I shouldn't have. And I've recently made a fool of myself in trying to explore my identity online haphazardly. Things that don't even fit me. Something of a mid-life crisis.

>I've spent the past several months soul searching and attempting to address the root of my problems. I've realized limitations in myself that I have previously refused to admit. I feel I have a stronger grasp on these matters, and it's my sincere belief that people can change, and that I can improve.

>Going forward, I'll be giving it my all to conduct myself in a professional manner, while behind the scenes, I will attempt to grow as an individual. I don't expect I'll be perfect starting immediately, but I will try my best.

>Thanks for reading.

What is this nigga talking about?

I guess being a Jow Forums edgelord didn't work for him

you mean higan

archive.fo/hM4rn
Dude sounds like a lefty , or at least a centrist to me.

archive.fo/fswlB
He also has the big gay too

CoC incoming

What does it have that SNES emulators don't?

a b-nes :D

didn't byuu release this months ago

x-DDD

Attached: 1541289704909.png (689x448, 10K)

You see, writing emulators is fucking addictive.
It's a completely linear progress that you know EXACTLY what must be done, and it rewards you on every 10 lines or so, but its constant and never ends... unless you manage to somehow make a 100% accurate emulator somehow.
And Byuu did just that.
It was pretty much like if his drug dealer was shot and no one else would sell him his cocaine, that messed up with him hard, at a point he did all sorts of bizarre things to try to keep it going, like forcing a standard snes rom format, buying every game for the system to get the ROM CRCs, trying to make higan a multi emulator system, and a lot of junkie drama.

It emulates all the system, at a point you can use the emulator to develop snes games.
If you try to do it on snes9x (or god forbid zsnes), the emulator will allow you to do things that don't work on the real hardware, because those emulators are just focused on running the commercial ROMs and nothing else.

What's the difference between bsnes and projects like higan that try to accurately emulate systems?

It's the same thing.
Byuu renamed bsnes to higan because he added gameboy and gameboy advance emulation to it, but now seems like it will be called bsnes again.

So, is he going to drop GB/A support, or are they going to be separate emulators?

Attached: 1523838744016.png (402x387, 143K)

I don't give a fuck about that nerd shit, I just want some e-drama bro.

No fucking clue.

Dig project 64.

>Dig project 64.
???

It's an emulator with a lot of drama in, mostly because its an emulator with 17 years of development that goes nowhere because they keep trying to fit the square peg on the round hole, and have a shitload of awful people in it.

I knew about Project 64 but not about the drama. Is there a place where I can read more about it and about the drama surrounding Higan?

not buying a real nes

You probably will have to dig.

>dynamic audio requires OSS

'dropped' or more accurately, bsnes was a part of higan that has been seperated out again.
Higan still exists and will continue to be updated, new bsnes stuff will eventually find its way over to Higan.

separating out again allows for some bigger changes in bsnes.

alsa/pulseaudio are garbo

Well of course the dud behind the emulator is having FreeBSD as the primary OS.

Who the fuck cares about bsnes?

The current best (in terms of both performance and accuracy) is the snes9x libretro core, fuck outta my face.

demonstrably false

That you don't suck dick? I know

Bullshit.
Claiming bsnes is not the best SNES emulator requires some heavy proof.

Haha nope. Higan is the best. It was even used in the speech recognition engine for the late Stephen Hawking.

>in terms of accuracy
Lol no. You've been misinformed. Snes9x is very accurate, and it's accurate enough that all games (except Air Strike Patrol) are fully playable, but it's not more accurate than higan or bsnes. If you have the processing power available, there's no reason not to use higan. Co-processor timing (eg. SA1, Cx4) is much more accurate in higan, but Snes9x does not emulate accurate timing at all, so your experience will be slightly more authentic in higan.

Pretty sure bsnes and higan are written in a modular way that allows them to share a lot of code, and that byuu will continue to work on both (and enhancements in one will affect the other.) He was working on higan's WonderSwan Color support a little while ago, so he definitely still intends it to be a multi-emulator system.

>Due to higan being in the middle of a large restructuring, I have decided to release bsnes now, and wait for v108 to release higan. higan has not been discontinued, but the next release will be radically different.